• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In his new book, William Shatner writes that going to space "felt like a funeral."

pearl

I've always liked William Shatner and loved most of the Star Trek movies. In a recent interview he gave his impressions of his actual space experience.
In his new book, "Boldly Go: Reflections on a Life of Awe and Wonder," the actor, known for portraying Captain Kirk in "Star Trek," says he experienced profound sadness on his trip to space with Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin last October.

"Everything I had thought was wrong. Everything I had expected to see was wrong," he wrote. "I had a different experience, because I discovered that the beauty isn't out there, it's down here, with all of us. Leaving that behind made my connection to our tiny planet even more profound."

Earlier this year, Shatner told CNN that he couldn't stop crying after the journey because he was "grieving for the destruction of the Earth."

William Shatner says his trip to space on Blue Origin 'felt like a funeral': 'It was among the strongest feelings of grief I have ever encountered' (msn.com)

PureX

Veteran Member
I've never thought of William Shatner as being erudite. But that's perhaps the most profound observation I've ever heard him make. And given how incredibly inhospitable space is to humanity, I can certainly identify with his reaction.

Just the first 3 minutes ... Billie Eilish on going into space ...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The idea of being an astronaut utterly repelled me.
Leave my verdant corner of Earth to risk death in
a cramped rocket powered coffin with brutal lavatory
facilities? No ****ing way!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
No matter where we go in space, when we get there we're still there, the same old people with the same old issues.