• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In God We Trust?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
mormonman said:
Of course, people have the right to choose wrong.
while that may be true, on this forum, people do not have the right to say anothers religion is wrong - lets watch what we say please :tsk:

It seems to me the atmosphere has changed somewhat. I'm glad to see the hostility is waning and some genuine debate has replaced it. The world is our oyster. I am told the earth is unique, the only one created specifically for life. We, are the inhabitants. So God, I know you are listening, and I ask that you come into this website, and speak your wisdom to all of us. Amen.

wmam

retrorich said:
Sure you do. Let me take a wild guess: You voted for George W. Bush, right? :biglaugh:
Ummmmmmmm..........What has a persons political beliefs have to do with an open mind? One could say the same thing of just about every single person ever voted into office. So other than making light of or just joking around and merely being something of jest, I don't get it. Are we now as a people going to attack others and belittle them with the saying.......... "You voted for George W. Bush, right? :biglaugh:" I think it no worse than "Hey, you voted for Al Gore, right?" Or "Hey, you voted for Kerry, right?" I'm sorry I shouldn't have said "we as a people". Only a flaming left wing democrat would suggest something to someone without even having a clue as to whether they were of the same political party as themselves. Further proof why that party is dying a slow and painful death. So this brings me to the OP and me wondering just what percentage, I wonder, of democrats as to republicans are wanting to see the change of the "In God We Trust" on this nations currency? What a no-brainer question that is. :bonk:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
steve at JRM said:
Thank you Mike182. What does minion of darkness mean?
your welcome.
minion - servant
darkness - everything deep, mysterious and romantic....also off topic :faint:

so does that mean you accept my point about tradition?

Well, I believe a tradition is a tradition for a reason. I need you to clarify your point. If you mean that we need to accept it because it is a tradition, no. But I believe it is a tradition that has worked, so therefore I accept it.

mormonman

Ammon is awesome
retrorich said:
Sure you do. Let me take a wild guess: You voted for George W. Bush, right? :biglaugh:
I would have if I could have, but I'm 17 right now. I know who I'm voting for in the election in 2008, Mitt Romney.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
wmam said:
...So this brings me to the OP and me wondering just what percentage, I wonder, of democrats as to republicans are wanting to see the change of the "In God We Trust" on this nations currency?...
I have a prediction related to this...if Michael Newdow gets in the news regarding one of his lawsuits to remove 'Under God' from the pledge or 'In God We Trust' from money, the Republicans will paint the Democrats as the party supporting him. In that scenario, the Democrats will lose famously.

For the record, I support keeping God in both. His being there does not constitute 'state-sponsored religion' but serves as a reminder to the important of religion in the founding and growth of the U S of A.:) These points have been debated ad nauseum and backed up and attacked with quotes from our Founding Fathers ad infinitum, so I have no interest of reliving them here.:)

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
mormonman said:
I would have if I could have, but I'm 17 right now. I know who I'm voting for in the election in 2008, Mitt Romney.
Ah...Mitt Romney: The poster boy for homophobia. Perhaps he could choose Sen. Santorum as his running mate on the Bigots for Jesus ticket. Their campaign slogan could be "Go STRAIGHT to Heaven!" :biglaugh:

pdoel

retrorich said:
Ah...Mitt Romney: The poster boy for homophobia. Perhaps he could choose Sen. Santorum as his running mate on the Bigots for Jesus ticket. Their campaign slogan could be "Go STRAIGHT to Heaven!" :biglaugh:

:biglaugh: I have to pass some more frubals around before hitting you up again for that one.

wmam

CaptainXeroid said:
I have a prediction related to this...if Michael Newdow gets in the news regarding one of his lawsuits to remove 'Under God' from the pledge or 'In God We Trust' from money, the Republicans will paint the Democrats as the party supporting him. In that scenario, the Democrats will lose famously.

For the record, I support keeping God in both. His being there does not constitute 'state-sponsored religion' but serves as a reminder to the important of religion in the founding and growth of the U S of A.:) These points have been debated ad nauseum and backed up and attacked with quotes from our Founding Fathers ad infinitum, so I have no interest of reliving them here.:)
I agree to a point. I have already posted that I personally would have rather seen "In YAH We Trust" or so, but I really do not believe that even with what anyone would call "god" I am finding it really hard to see that anyone truly trust in anything other than what I again have already posted as in death and taxes. I do agree, though, that for any party to back such a thing as to take what has been a national tradition for so many years and especially one that has, as you put it, been "debated ad nauseum and backed up and attacked with quotes from our Founding Fathers ad infinitum" something of thought and foundation since the formation of this nation would be sudden and painful death in my honest opinion.

I wonder what the statistics are for the detriment on the democratic party from the, so called, "tree huggers" have been or any of the other, so called, "grass root environmental wacko nut-job organizations" out there? I bet it is tremendous. ;)

I think our country has became one of the most powerful on earth is because we do trust in God. Think about it, in 200 years, we've become more successful than other countries that have been around for a couple of 1000. Founding our great country on the belief that all are equal because everyone is one of God's children has been pretty successful. The only reason we have problems today is because people forget that.

wmam

steve at JRM said:
I think our country has became one of the most powerful on earth is because we do trust in God. Think about it, in 200 years, we've become more successful than other countries that have been around for a couple of 1000. Founding our great country on the belief that all are equal because everyone is one of God's children has been pretty successful. The only reason we have problems today is because people forget that.
Yeah, well, Rome did pretty good for some 500 years with their pagan gods as well. ;)