• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In God We Trust Hypocrisy

leov

99% of what people?
USA Christians?
Are you one of those people who think that Christianity is tiny little cult of people who agree with you, and not a major world religion at all?
Tom
People who are running US government. Many of them know the deception they are running and use that to promote their bosses and themselves.

shmogie

A
You mean a higher power like the US Treasury? Someone who can get empty slogans printed on the currency?

Don't get me wrong. I don't much care about what is written on currency. It's got no more import than a campaign slogan. It's just another episode of Christianity supporting abrasive arrogance because they can. And I am sure that they will continue to do so into the foreseeable future. Because that's what Christianity teaches Christians to do.
Tom
abrasive arrogance ? You mean like homosexuals asking help to burn down a Christian business, is that what you mean ?

shmogie

I avoid gay pride events.
Why are Christians so abrasively arrogant. Surely you know Christians better than gay people.
Tom
Oh, much better. Most Christians aren´t abrasively arrogant, just like most homosexuals aren´t drop dead hilarious.

You don´t like what what you imagine Christianity to be.

So, you first begin the labeling.

After you have done that, you vent your personal prejudices, dislike or hate, along with probable self imposed ignorance, whip yourself up into a self righteous sensitivity, and say untruthful things.

Sound familiar ? Exact same MO. The pot, the kettle and all that.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Distorting the Bible, continuing building Tower of Babylon.

Nope .the bible is pretty specific about how to behave to non christians.

But maybe the christians who actually take the bible as gospel are not real christians

leov

Nope .the bible is pretty specific about how to behave to non christians.

But maybe the christians who actually take the bible as gospel are not real christians
It is specific, but Bible separates people by Spiritual level. And at some point lover level considered itself as high, that was the start of deception and distortion.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It is specific, but Bible separates people by Spiritual level. And at some point lover level considered itself as high, that was the start of deception and distortion.

It is specific, how you interpret it to suit yourself is not really my concern.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What is it about Christianity that makes Christians so often abrasively arrogant and exclusive?
Arrogance is not limited to some Christians. We experience it from Christians because where we live.

You mean the ones that don't understand: Luke And why call me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? and Matthew: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
A US appeals court recently decided that it was Ok to keep 'In God We Trust' on our coins in the USA. The activists who brought the case felt that it was compelling atheists to be believers in some way. Their case failed, and the reason I think is they sued over the wrong issue. The real problem is that it is the height of hypocrisy.

Recently my state (Mississippi) has begun issuing this on license plates, so now our very license plates will say 'In God We Trust'. Our drivers licenses also have 'Hospitality State' emblazoned on them, as if that could somehow make us more hospitable. Our state is more populous than ever, and there is no particular reason to call it the hospitality state just as our state is not composed of people who always trust in God.

Its like the US and Mississippi want to claim to be angels of light. Why not, instead, become known as godly people and hospitable people through natural means and actions? Wouldn't that be less officious and pretentious? I feel like I've got 'Pretentious jerk' stamped on the backside of my slacks.

That's the real problem with putting In God We Trust onto government issued items. If it were true it would be so obvious that there would be no point.
As if anyone hasn't noticed, there is a war a brewin. One in which the victors claim the right to force everyone to believe as they do through the courts. If people are concerned , they could start writing letters, making phone calls, voting and attending hearings on these topics locally and state wide.

It is literally the only way to stop and reverse these perverse attacks on our humanity.

And while people are at it, tell them we are not going to war with Iran. So get it out of their heads.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
As if anyone hasn't noticed, there is a war a brewin. One in which the victors claim the right to force everyone to believe as they do through the courts. If people are concerned , they could start writing letters, making phone calls, voting and attending hearings on these topics locally and state wide.

It is literally the only way to stop and reverse these perverse attacks on our humanity.

And while people are at it, tell them we are not going to war with Iran. So get it out of their heads.
More work needs to be done on the back end. There are already too many top issues to tackle and too much division in the electorate to handle so many. In God We Trust doesn't change election results, so its a non-issue relative to others.

It would be a mistake to get involved voluntarily in any wars. We don't have the international reputation to make claims about Iran. We lost our rep. Maybe its not official yet, but it is real. It might be best to pass this off to less interested countries and countries that haven't been involved in wars in the region as arbiters. I'm not a diplomat though, so I'm just chewing hay.