• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In First, UN Anti-Racism Committee Slams Palestinians Over Antisemitic School Textbooks

Cooky

Veteran Member
Finally, someone says something about it!!!!

https://www.algemeiner.com/2019/08/...eThi5FGq8Z093ayTbvuvRfT0kYu60cRn_6xlkBkA2egQo
The UN’s anti-racism committee issued an unprecedented criticism of the Palestinians on Thursday, calling on the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah to rein in antisemitic statements from PA officials as well as antisemitic material contained in Palestinian school textbooks.

In a historic first, the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) urged the PA to combat “hate speech and incitement to violence,” pointing out that some textbooks used in Palestinian schools “fuel hatred” and “may incite violence” and “antisemitism.”

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
At least with some of the interviews they were doing with the kids, I'm not sure the people making the videos were subtitling honestly based on one or two things I was able to catch with an untrained ear. Can any Arabic-speakers figure out what the kids are saying and if the people who made the video put in accurate subs?

Shad

Veteran Member
Can any Arabic-speakers figure out what the kids are saying and if the people who made the video put in accurate subs?

Always a good idea to check. Blind trust in translations is a mistake in my view. For example MEMRI is one source I will ask friends to look at that know Arabic.