• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-denial Summer

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Not to be confused with Indian Summer.

In-denial summer is the last 10 days of September between the time that summer officially ends on the 21st and the moment you can no longer pretend it isn't Autumn yet, which for me usually happens on the first of October (which is an hour from now where I am).

So, to celebrate the last night of In-denial Summer I'm sitting on a log in the woods next to a babbling brook, listening to The crickets and drinking a Corona, and being grateful for the fact that, all in all it was a pretty good summer.

Not sure what this thread is going to be about. I just felt like posting this somewhere.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

In-denial summer is the last 10 days of September between the time that summer officially ends on the 21st and the moment you can no longer pretend it isn't Autumn yet, which for me usually happens on the first of October (which is an hour from now where I am).

So, to celebrate the last night of In-denial Summer I'm sitting on a log in the woods next to a babbling brook, listening to The crickets and drinking a Corona, and being grateful for the fact that, all in all it was a pretty good summer.

Not sure what this thread is going to be about. I just felt like posting this somewhere.

Sounds like a good summer send off.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We had a meager rainy season in this part of the city (Eastern part of Delhi gets more rain), though many regions in India faced heavy rains and floods. Disappointing. Want to see more rain. Perhaps some if we visit South India or perhaps next year. It is a bit hot in autumn here. Winter in Delhi is generally OK.

Jedster

I found the change to getting colder very abrupt. Soon I will get out my Longjohns and enjoy the new weather.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We've had a couple of weeks of autum, chilly mornings, afternoon temperatures in the high teens. Sseveral much needed rain showers and a couple of heavy storms. Leaves are beginning to fall from the tree's.

Next week is supposed to be back to summer with no rain and temperatures reaching the high 20s. Just my luck, I'm going to England where its given morning frosts and typical English weather.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

All I see is pumpkin pie. Yum!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Ahh, but the colours! Here it looks like we might set the local record for the latest first frost of all time. Global warming. Heck, I've seen first frost in early August.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I celebrate this time of the year because the heat is over,...but then there will be just few weeks of normal weather and the cold. Serious cold.:p

pearl

The awful reality has set in for us today as the plan is to remove the air conditioners and give the furnace its annual check-up. Putting the summer ponds and gardens to bed and readying the leaf removal equipment.

PureX

Veteran Member
I like Autumn, I just don't like what comes after it. Where I live the winters are long and hard. And I go to work very early in the morning. I feel tired just thinking about it.

But around here, October tends to be quite nice until the last few days. We can get snow, sleet, hail, iced rain ... anything on Halloween, but mid October is good.

And it's generally all down hill after that.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I've been dreading it this year... I felt like the summer just didn't last long enough..

But its probably in my head, and the reality was it was a hard summer on us. Probably less fun things were done. Though I did teach the middle child the joys of swimming(or in this case, wading) in the creek.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We continue to have spikes over 90 so we're not there yet and I can pretend that summer, knowing its time is short, is fighting a valiant if futile battle to remain.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

I celebrate by actually keeping up with the weather and counting down the days till the highs are below 90, and cheer when it happens amd celebrate by getting out a mountainous pile of blankets that eventually I'll be joyously using the entirety of to during the winter months. So far I'm up to 2 of my six or so blankets (I like sleeping in a personal mini-cave, lol).

exchemist

Veteran Member

Sounds idyllic - apart from the Corona, which must take the edge off your enjoyment.