• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In call, Trump demands Georgia officials 'find' votes

ecco

Veteran Member
Oh, look...it's a limbo contest AKA How Low Can You Go? Apparently for the Great Orange, no low is too low.

(my red emphases)

Trump calls to demand Georgia officials 'find' votes to tilt election - CNNPolitics

In call, Trump demands Georgia officials 'find' votes to tilt election
By Jason Morris, Chandelis Duster and Devan Cole, CNN

Updated 10:19 PM ET, Sun January 3, 2021

In excerpts of the stunning one-hour phone call Saturday, Trump lambasted his fellow Republican for refusing to falsely say that he won the election in Georgia and repeatedly touted baseless claims of election fraud.
"The people of Georgia are angry, the people of the country are angry. And there's nothing wrong with saying that, you know, um, that you've recalculated," Trump said in one part of the call. Raffensperger responded, "Well, Mr. President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong."

Read the full transcript of Trump's audio call with Georgia secretary of state

In another part, Trump said, "So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state."

"You should want to have an accurate election. And you're a Republican," Trump said at one point.
"We believe that we do have an accurate election," Raffensperger said in response, to which Trump replied, "No, no you don't. ... Not even close. You're off by hundreds of thousands of votes."

The President also claimed during the call that votes in the state were scanned three times, an allegation Raffensperger rebuffed, saying, "We did an audit of that and we proved conclusively that they were not scanned three times."
The White House declined to comment to CNN.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-3_22-24-51.gif
    upload_2021-1-3_22-24-51.gif
    57 bytes · Views: 0

QuestioningMind

Oh, look...it's a limbo contest AKA How Low Can You Go? Apparently for the Great Orange, no low is too low.

(my red emphases)

Trump calls to demand Georgia officials 'find' votes to tilt election - CNNPolitics

In excerpts of the stunning one-hour phone call Saturday, Trump lambasted his fellow Republican for refusing to falsely say that he won the election in Georgia and repeatedly touted baseless claims of election fraud.
"The people of Georgia are angry, the people of the country are angry. And there's nothing wrong with saying that, you know, um, that you've recalculated," Trump said in one part of the call. Raffensperger responded, "Well, Mr. President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong."

In another part, Trump said, "So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have. Because we won the state."

"You should want to have an accurate election. And you're a Republican," Trump said at one point.
"We believe that we do have an accurate election," Raffensperger said in response, to which Trump replied, "No, no you don't. ... Not even close. You're off by hundreds of thousands of votes."

The President also claimed during the call that votes in the state were scanned three times, an allegation Raffensperger rebuffed, saying, "We did an audit of that and we proved conclusively that they were not scanned three times."

Ah yes! Another of Trump's PERFECT phone calls.

Remember when Michael Cohen, Trump’s longtime lawyer and “fixer”, testified to Congress that Trump speaks in “code”?

He wasn’t lying. You can see Trump sort of doing that in this call. He did the same thing in the Ukraine call. He states what he wants you to do as fact, repeatedly, and then makes vague threats about what will happen if you don’t accept those facts.

Having said that, it’s a code anyone should be able to see through. You would have to be an imbecile or deluded not to see it. In other words, you’d have to be one of the 70 million lemmings who voted for this nutcase.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You even see it by rally size, frankly. We'd be getting 25-30,000 people a rally and the competition would get less than 100 people. And it never made sense....
The minimum number it could be because we watched it and they watched it certified in slow motion instant replay if you can believe it but slow motion and it was magnified many times over and the minimum it was 18,000 ballots, all for Biden.....
And we won the House, but we won every single statehouse and we won Congress, which was supposed to lose 15 seats, and they gained, I think 16 or 17 or something....
because this just came up this morning that they are burning their ballots, that they are shredding, shredding ballots and removing equipment. They're changing the equipment on the Dominion machines and, you know, that's not legal.....
They did it in slow motion replay magnified, right? She stuffed the ballot boxes. They were stuffed like nobody had ever seen them stuffed before....
Oh this isn't social media. This is Trump media. It's not social media. It's really not it's not social media. I don't care about social media. I couldn't care less. Social media is Big Tech. Big Tech is on your side. I don't even know why you have a side, because you should want to have an accurate election. And you're a Republican....
No, no you don't. No, no you don't. You don't have. Not even close. You're off by hundreds of thousands of votes. ...
Look. Stacey, in my opinion, Stacey is as dishonest as they come. She has outplayed you ... at everything. She got you to sign a totally unconstitutional agreement, which is a disastrous agreement. You can't check signatures. ...
But they are shredding ballots, in my opinion, based on what I've heard....
So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state....
And even though I won the military by a lot, it was 100 percent Trump. I mean 100 percent Biden.
I have to find 12,000 votes and I have them times a lot. And therefore, I won the state.
And I know this phone call is going nowhere other than, other than ultimately, you know — Look ultimately, I win, okay?
No, we do have a way but I don't want to get into it. We found a way in other states excuse me, but we don't need it because we're only down 11,000 votes so we don't even need it....
Well, you have to [submit documents that are legally sealed]....
Some of the outlandish lies, nonsense and ridiculousness Trumpeters choose to believe. He is so pathetic the man practically lives on social media and he lies about that saying he doesn't care it. So obsessed with drama he makes it sound like a sporting event with slow motion replays. So stupid he thinks rally attendance amidst a pandemic (that he knowingly, willingly, and deliberately lied about) is evidence of voting numbers. So insecure and without a shred of integrity or dignity he makes up wild stories to say "ultimately, I win."
And here I thought living in Indiana left me opposed to democracy. This guy and his Trumpeters are totally opposed to it, have no respect for it, and refuse to accept it.
Don't like it? You're free to move where someone like Trump can get his way unobstructed and unopposed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Remember when Michael Cohen, Trump’s longtime lawyer and “fixer”, testified to Congress that Trump speaks in “code”?

He wasn’t lying. You can see Trump sort of doing that in this call. He did the same thing in the Ukraine call. He states what he wants you to do as fact, repeatedly, and then makes vague threats about what will happen if you don’t accept those facts.

Having said that, it’s a code anyone should be able to see through. You would have to be an imbecile or deluded not to see it. In other words, you’d have to be one of the 70 million lemmings who voted for this nutcase.
I don't see anything coded. Trump straight up said "do this and side with me or face the consequences." It's not coded, it's attempted manipulation, intimidation, and gaslighting.

(my red emphases)

Honestly, the mind boggles.

But if you think he can’t go lower ... you don’t know Trump. Just wait. He can always go lower and he usually does.

The coming days will be interesting to say the least ...

January 20th cannot come fast enough.

I don't see anything coded. Trump straight up said "do this and side with me or face the consequences." It's not coded, it's attempted manipulation, intimidation, and gaslighting.
I hear you. He does it in plain sight.

I think what Michael Cohen meant by “code” is that one of his tricks is to repeat something false to an underling, which he knows and they know is false. And what he means by repeating it is he wants the underling to go spread the lie, or make it so. E.g. Trump didn’t tell Cohen “go lie to Congress” he just kept telling him “we have no business in Russia” before Cohen testified and it was obvious what he expected Cohen to do.

What Trump is doing on this Georgia call, some of the time, reminded me of that. But other times on this call, it’s just flagrant. He must be desperate.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

It stumps me. I mean, it honestly stumps me to explain why so many of my genuinely bright and intelligent, but conservative, friends to this day ignore that Trump speaks in code, and instead parse Trump's words as if Trump were some kind of scholar who picks each one with extraordinary attention to intellectual honesty.

They say things like, "Well, he could have meant something else, something less damning." As if -- after four years of the man -- it is even today reasonably uncertain how we might best and most accurately understand his meaning. They would almost never say that of anyone else. "I have known this person for four years, and I still can never be reasonably certain that I understand his words, his intended meaning."

I wonder if their lives actually depended on it -- I wonder if even then -- they would say, "It's clear what he means."

It's drop-jaw mind-boggling that anyone as smart as some of the people I know who support and defend Trump could be so clueless about how he communicates. And I swear the people I'm speaking of are NOT chronic liars. If they were, I could explain away their behavior in a flash. And indeed, so very many Trump supporters are largely indifferent to matters of truth and falsehood. But my friends are just as honest as anyone. It's just they have a blind spot for Trump, and I don't know why.

It stumps me. I mean, it honestly stumps me to explain why so many of my genuinely bright and intelligent, but conservative, friends to this day ignore that Trump speaks in code, and instead parse Trump's words as if Trump were some kind of scholar who picks each one with extraordinary attention to intellectual honesty.

They say things like, "Well, he could have meant something else, something less damning." As if -- after four years of the man -- it is even today reasonably uncertain how we might best and most accurately understand his meaning. They would almost never say that of anyone else. "I have known this person for four years, and I still can never be reasonably certain that I understand his words, his intended meaning."

It's drop-jaw mind-boggling that anyone as smart as some of the people I know who support and defend Trump could be so clueless about how he communicates. And I swear the people I'm speaking of are NOT chronic liars. If they were, I could explain away their behavior in a flash. My friends are just as honest as anyone. But they have a blind spot for Trump, and I don't know why.
Well said. Totally agree.

You know what else is interesting? Sometimes my conservative friends make excuses for him by insisting he’s TOO SMART to mean what he is plainly saying.

Other times, they say he’s TOO CARELESS with words to say what he means ... he needs an interpreter. “What he meant to say was ...”

So he neither means what he says, NOR is he capable of saying what he means, without an interpreter.

He is sometimes too smart, other times too dumb, to ever be interpreted as saying anything incriminating or horrible.

Whichever excuse spins Trump in the most positive light, that’s the excuse that will be used, even if the totality of these excuses are directly contradictory. Sort of like Kettle Logic.

It’s also not lost on me that these excuses completely explode the VERY thing Trumpeteers say is his most redeeming quality: namely, that he’s a straight talker, not like other politicians.

In reality, he is actually a cartoonish exaggeration of the kind of lying and spin typical politicians engage in. The very thing his supporters think is the MOST redeeming and refreshing quality, he in fact is WORSE than any other politician.

So, almost at every turn, there are astounding contradictions tolerated by those who defend Trump. Like, not the usual contradictions we all stumble into occasionally. It’s profound, debilitating cognitive dissonance. It’s borderline clinical.

How does one make sense of such profound nonsense? It sometimes gives me mental paralysis, like staring at a horrendous math equation I know I have no hope of solving.

It brings me back to that wonderful website The Authoritarians, by Bob Altemeyer. I remember how his research showed that Authoritarian Followers use highly compartmentalized thinking to excuse / rationalize whatever the Leader does, even if it is contradictory.

This helps explain a lot about Trumpeters that is otherwise inexplicable. This helps me make some sense out of the profound nonsense.

Source: The Authoritarians

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
To Seasons of Love
:musicalscore::musicnotes:Find me 11,780 votes.
That is just one more than we have. Can you find me 11,780 votes?
"No."
Becaaaaause we won the state.
How about frauuuuuuuuud?:musicalscore::musicnotes:

exchemist

Veteran Member

(my red emphases)

This sub-mafioso type of behaviour is just what one would expect from a dodgy real estate developer. I really hope someone manages to put Trump behind bars.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Nothing to see here. Just a US president trying to undermine a fair election... again.

ecco

Veteran Member
The complete written transcript and 33 minutes of audio recording is here:
I actually read the entire transcript. It clearly shows Trump is beyond rational thinking...

And I didn't lose the state, Brad. People have been saying that it was the highest vote ever. There was no way. A lot of the political people said that there's no way they beat me. And they beat me. They beat me in the ... As you know, every single state ... we won every state. We won every statehouse in the country. We held the Senate which is shocking to people, although we'll see what happens tomorrow or in a few days.And I didn't lose the state, Brad. People have been saying that it was the highest vote ever. There was no way. A lot of the political people said that there's no way they beat me. And they beat me. They beat me in the ... As you know, every single state ... we won every state. We won every statehouse in the country.
Sometimes whiney and begging...
So what are we going to do here folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break. You know, we have that in spades already.
Sometimes threatening...
The ballots are corrupt, and they're brand new and they don't have a seal and there's the whole thing with the ballots. But the ballots are corrupt.

And you are going to find that they are — which is totally illegal, it is more illegal for you than it is for them because, you know what they did and you're not reporting it. That's a criminal, that's a criminal offense. And you can't let that happen. That's a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer. And that's a big risk.

No they came in, a large batch came in and it was, quote, 100 percent for Biden. And that is criminal. You know, that's criminal. OK. That's another criminal, that's another of the many criminal events, many criminal events here.
Always delusional.

ecco

Veteran Member
And there is Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. A person of integrity.

Well Mr. President, the challenge that you have is, the data you have is wrong. We talked to the congressmen and they were surprised.

But they — I guess there was a person Mr. Braynard who came to these meetings and presented data and he said that there were dead people, I believe it was upward of 5,000. The actual number was two. Two. Two people that were dead that voted. So that's wrong. There were two.

And I think it's extremely unfortunate that Rudy Giuliani or his people, they sliced and diced that video and took it out of context.

We did an audit of that and we proved conclusively that they were not scanned three times.

We had GBI ... investigate that.

Mr. President, the problem you have with social media, they — people can say anything.

We believe that we do have an accurate election.

tytlyf

Not Religious
"But 70 million Americans feel that the election was stolen and fraudulent!! Shouldn't those people be heard!?"
The latest Radical-right slogan repeated all over their echo chamber.

No one gives a crap about how 70 million voters FEEL the election was fraudulent. Those people were lied to, ignored the facts and no one should give them any time to explain the conspiracy.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
STOP THE STEAL
BY REPUBLICANS

When dump went on and on about all these things his opponents were supposedly doing, they were giving us their play book of what they were going to be trying to do. This is routine, habitual, predictable behavior on their part - accuse opposition of exactly what you yourself are doing. I'd have been more surprised if we didn't uncover blatant attempts to cheat, con, and steal their way to victory.