• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In and Among Nature

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends on which forest or beach.

I felt almost nothing upon seeing the Atlantic Ocean for the first time(other than the thrill of watching all land just 'end'), but I feel moved almost to the point of tears each time I see Lake Michigan, and like part of me is being torn away when I have to leave(its quite far from me; 6 hours at least).

I think whether or not its a spiritual connection or not would vary on the individual.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Does anyone else feel a deep connection when in the forest, at the beach or in any other natural setting? Would you call that a Spiritual Connection?
I used to, but I seem to have lost that. It is a complicated feeling, but I remember it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Does anyone else feel a deep connection when in the forest, at the beach or in any other natural setting? Would you call that a Spiritual Connection?
Interconnectedness would be more in line with me. I dont feel specific connections with anything out there, but there is a special feeling whenever something becomes harmonious and balanced where you "feel as one".

The closest to where your describing would be whenever I'm under the stars at night where I'm always awestruck at what I see, but can't touch.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh yes, absolutely. It very much is spiritual. But that is, very much up to the person and their openness. But nature has a way of breaking through to us, even when we are overly distracted with the concerns of the world. Its beauty just stands waiting for us to see. We just have to pause and let it in. Then it renews us.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Yes, yes, yes... Aaand absolutely.

PXL_20201001_180726759.jpg