• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"In a Wise Move, New York Finally Ends Religious Exemptions for Required Vaccines"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The problem is that there are those that cannot be inoculated. The CDC even tells you who should not get inoculated and why. Here is a link for measles:

Who Should not Get Vaccinated | CDC

Those that do not get inoculations due to superstitious beliefs put those innocent people at risk.
I'm sure those same exact issues existed in the 50s as well. Education and awareness campaigns are effective.

There's still no valid reason for the state to go boldly waltzing into people's homes and private lives and telling parents how they ought to raise their children and threatening them with fines. If measles has turned into a superbug that is killing people in droves I can see where that could be an exception. Has it gotten to that point right now?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm sure those same exact issues existed in the 50s as well. Education and awareness campaigns are effective.

There's still no valid reason for the state to go boldly waltzing into people's homes and private lives and telling parents how they ought to raise their children and threatening them with fines. If measles has turned into a superbug that is killing people in droves I can see where that could be an exception. Has it gotten to that point right now?
The state is only telling them that they have to get inoculated if they want to go to public schools. It is a bit like requiring that one wear clothes in school. Want to study naked? Stay at home and do so. If a parent does not want to inoculate his children he need not do so. Though one could make a serious argument that this is child abuse. A parent cannot inflict their uninoculated children on other children at schools.

Poisonshady313

The state is only telling them that they have to get inoculated if they want to go to public schools. It is a bit like requiring that one wear clothes in school. Want to study naked? Stay at home and do so. If a parent does not want to inoculate his children he need not do so. Though one could make a serious argument that this is child abuse. A parent cannot inflict their uninoculated children on other children at schools.

I'd go one step further. I don't even suggest imposing a fine. What I say is this: don't want to vaccinate your kid?

1. You should not be allowed to send your child to public school.
2. You should not be allowed to take your child to any place where a lot of people may be (amusement parks, movie theaters, etc...)
3. If your child becomes infected with a disease that would have been prevented by inoculation, no insurance should cover treatment. Not medicaid. Not private insurance. Nothing. You should have to pay every dime out of pocket. And if that ruins you financially, take comfort in the knowledge that it was because of your own choice.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If they want to ban children due to being unvaccinated I don't see any issues in that respect. The issue is the levying of fines on the parents from what I gather here.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If they want to ban children due to being unvaccinated I don't see any issues in that respect. The issue is the levying of fines on the parents from what I gather here.
Sounds like fake news.
Got any links demonstrating that parents will be levied fines simply for refusing to inoculate their kids? I've not heard of that, only that the kids are refused entrance to crowded public spaces.
Now, fibbing about your child's inoculation status is something else entirely. That's worth a hefty fine.
Tom

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hey if you're inoculated then there's nothing to worry about. It's not an issue.

Let those who don't inoculate each other deal with their own problems.
Let those who don't inoculate stay away from communities that do. It's good for a society not to have contagious diseases at large.