• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impossible Whopper

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
upload_2019-10-11_16-35-19.jpeg

It's pretty close, from what I remember, to what a Whopper tastes like. I liked it.

Though part of my thinking in being a vegetarian was to avoid the fast food places as unhealthy food. I don't if this trend in fast food places offering meatless alternatives actually makes fast food any healthier. :oops:

Fast food drive thru makes feeding your face easy. Hard to escape consumerism with how easy they are making it to consume.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
View attachment 33529

It's pretty close, from what I remember, to what a Whopper tastes like. I liked it.

Though part of my thinking in being a vegetarian was to avoid the fast food places as unhealthy food. I don't if this trend in fast food places offering meatless alternatives actually makes fast food any healthier. :oops:

Fast food drive thru makes feeding your face easy. Hard to escape consumerism with how easy they are making it to consume.
I'll give it a try if the opportunity ever arises...perhaps on the OH Turnpike.
Does it have any of that special sauce stuff on it? I'd have'm hold it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
View attachment 33529

From what I understand it is not that much, if any, healthier. To get the flavor it is loaded with fats.

Still it does give hope to the idea of replacing meat with foods that are less taxing on the environment.

PruePhillip

View attachment 33529

It's been a long time coming.
And coming from a farming family - I welcome it.
In Australia the CSIRO and a food company are investing
something like a billion dollars into this. They are creating
what will be called the Rebel Whopper.

Another technology is to cultivate cells into meat. Thus
people have had chicken nuggets, while the chicken the
nuggets "came from" was running around.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'll give it a try if the opportunity ever arises...perhaps on the OH Turnpike.
Does it have any of that special sauce stuff on it? I'd have'm hold it.
Same crap that's on the regular whopper. I tried one a few weeks ago. It passes as beef, albeit slightly dryer and blander than the real thing. I believe that might have to do with the lack of fat.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
It's been years since I've been able to tolerate anything on the BK menu. I'm betting there is no significant difference in texture, flavor, etc., so I'll pass...

However, several years ago when we were visiting San Diego, I discovered a vegetarian fast-food joint a few blocks from our hotel...Definitely one of the five best burgers I've ever eaten. If we ever get back there, I hope they're still open...

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
It's been years since I've been able to tolerate anything on the BK menu. I'm betting there is no significant difference in texture, flavor, etc., so I'll pass...

However, several years ago when we were visiting San Diego, I discovered a vegetarian fast-food joint a few blocks from our hotel...Definitely one of the five best burgers I've ever eaten. If we ever get back there, I hope they're still open...
Had to look it up:

Evolution Fast Food
2965 5th Ave (btwn Quince & Palm St)
San Diego, CA 92103
United States

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
View attachment 33529

Fairly tasty patty but high in fat and calories (almost same as beef original). My organic black been burgers are vastly superior. ;)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

We already have the Rebel Whopper. I’ve been seeing ads for it for like two weeks lol
Actually the Hungry Jacks near me (I assume since they’re a chain, this is standardised) have had a full vegan range on offer for a year or so at least.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I went to my local Zambrero’s (which I like to call “white peoples’ Mexican”) and they even had vegan cheese and sour cream on offer. What a time to be alive.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I would love to try cell cultured meat .

They say one single cow could feed thousands and it will never have to die in a slaughterhouse. Think of the breeding possibilities for the tastiest cow and the thought that by keeping one cow live would be far cheaper than keeping a entire herd to feed the same amount of people. It would probably drastically reduce the high cost of meat.

It's a win-win.