• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important thing about a religion

Did I said something wrong?

• Total voters

Rom Wei

I believe most people think that religion only talk about god,moral and blah blah blah so on.
But,do u really think that a religion is created just because of that?To create a religion,you need proof and reasonable resources,not some useless story!
Before I start please aware that I meant no offence to any religion,I only say what I know.
I will take Buddhism as example,when i first look into the main story about the Buddhism,I was touched about how Buddha wanted to end the suffering of human and enter meditation for 6-7 years?(am i wrong?),but when I move onto the beginning,I was disappointed.There are no beginning of the story about how the universe was created,how everything was started.The story is like a best selling novel without a better opening,even though the main story is perfect but without a good opening it is nothing.A person once said A Good Beginning Is Half Done.
Now for a good example,Hinduism.Hindu's god may be almost as same as Buddhism but at least,at least they know there is a creator who once created this wonderful universe.I don't give a heck about how human die and come back die and come back but all I see is they are over rely on this planet.
I,don't really believe in any fairytale or story but all I know is this universe is created by a Creator.
Tha'ts all.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Uh, I take it your poll means to ask whether we disagree with your opening post?

It is a bit unusual to simply agree with everything said in a post of that size, don't you think?

Jumi

How everything began... that can be a huge minus too if it's not right and still taken literally.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
While you almost lost me at "blah blah blah" you totally lost me at "useless story." I can't find storytelling to be useless.

RamaRaksha

I believe most people think that religion only talk about god,moral and blah blah blah so on.
But,do u really think that a religion is created just because of that?To create a religion,you need proof and reasonable resources,not some useless story!
Before I start please aware that I meant no offence to any religion,I only say what I know.
I will take Buddhism as example,when i first look into the main story about the Buddhism,I was touched about how Buddha wanted to end the suffering of human and enter meditation for 6-7 years?(am i wrong?),but when I move onto the beginning,I was disappointed.There are no beginning of the story about how the universe was created,how everything was started.The story is like a best selling novel without a better opening,even though the main story is perfect but without a good opening it is nothing.A person once said A Good Beginning Is Half Done.
Now for a good example,Hinduism.Hindu's god may be almost as same as Buddhism but at least,at least they know there is a creator who once created this wonderful universe.I don't give a heck about how human die and come back die and come back but all I see is they are over rely on this planet.
I,don't really believe in any fairytale or story but all I know is this universe is created by a Creator.
Tha'ts all.

You are mixing things - different people talking about different things - they may be under the same label or heading but one has to know the difference

The Buddha was all about the here and now - the unique thing about him is that he may have realized that most religious ideas about the universe were just stories - that is why we get the earth is 5,000 years old, the sun circles the earth etc - to this day we have hatred against Evolution because of this

If you want to know about the universe, turn to Science, not to religion and their "useless stories" as you put it

Religion should be about faith and spirituality - yes about morals and ethics - not about some magic being waiting for us in the after life that will keep us in comfort etc - that is just making up feel-good stories that's all

RamaRaksha

Religion is a form of control, morality and ethics should not be dependent on religious tenets

Right but that is how they started and they have lost their way - because of the followers of course - no one wants moral lectures, they all want to know what magic land they are going to after death, how some being is going to come make this world a paradise

Don't ask a religious person why Slavery is wrong because the religious books have nothing to say about that

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Right but that is how they started and they have lost their way - because of the followers of course - no one wants moral lectures, they all want to know what magic land they are going to after death, how some being is going to come make this world a paradise

Don't ask a religious person why Slavery is wrong because the religious books have nothing to say about that
If we hypothesized about the origin of religion, I would say that when nomadic Man could stay in one place and exist, that is when religion was born, for this Man was afforded the luxury of 'wonder'. Questioning the Why and How of existence. Assigning meanings to cycles that were found beneficial to survival. In this religious ideal, religion truly functioned as providing comfort and community . . . which IMO is THE only positive aspects of religion.

RamaRaksha

If we hypothesized about the origin of religion, I would say that when nomadic Man could stay in one place and exist, that is when religion was born, for this Man was afforded the luxury of 'wonder'. Questioning the Why and How of existence. Assigning meanings to cycles that were found beneficial to survival. In this religious ideal, religion truly functioned as providing comfort and community . . . which IMO is THE only positive aspects of religion.

Definitely - we can go back to the cave times - a child runs crying to her father asking why Grandma won't answer - the very same woman hobbling about in pain all day is not lying looking so peaceful - no more pain. Obviously the father would say she is in a better place, pointing up - and the concept of Heaven was born - a place of joy and happiness but we need someone to run the place - enter God! And ah, now we can control people

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Definitely - we can go back to the cave times - a child runs crying to her father asking why Grandma won't answer - the very same woman hobbling about in pain all day is not lying looking so peaceful - no more pain. Obviously the father would say she is in a better place, pointing up - and the concept of Heaven was born - a place of joy and happiness but we need someone to run the place - enter God! And ah, now we can control people
Now . . . what 'should' have taken place in order to make this scenario better?
Grandma dies, the father admits he has no idea why, or what happened to her . . . does not point at the sky for answers. No god is necessary.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Tha'ts all.
There are so many facets concerning religion it can become a daunting task to say the least as it pertains to intent and meaning! =0)

Many agendas and intentions out there. Some sincere some not. There isn't any revelance as to endings and beginnings because we had never lived that long to see the beginning or will live to see the ending supposing there ever was a beginning and ending at all.

It's like coming into an ongoing movie and trying to figure it out as it plays but you fall asleep......

It's just a matter on how well it's taken for what's presently available. I think we worry about and concern over many things that are really out of reach tbh. A good Buddhist smiles a lot and plays checkers with a good cup of tea taking in the moment. I think that's good enough as it stands for a religion.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Tha'ts all.
Thanks for sharing ,more so if English not your first language . Your basically saying is irrelevant and not worth to argue . I agree

Rom Wei

Like i said,if a religion is made out of a story without ANY proof,that religion is consider as FairyTale.
The more the proof the more the religion is real.

Rom Wei

You are mixing things - different people talking about different things - they may be under the same label or heading but one has to know the difference

The Buddha was all about the here and now - the unique thing about him is that he may have realized that most religious ideas about the universe were just stories - that is why we get the earth is 5,000 years old, the sun circles the earth etc - to this day we have hatred against Evolution because of this

If you want to know about the universe, turn to Science, not to religion and their "useless stories" as you put it

Religion should be about faith and spirituality - yes about morals and ethics - not about some magic being waiting for us in the after life that will keep us in comfort etc - that is just making up feel-good stories that's all
But still don forget we are living in universe now,i did not mean that i want to know about universe,i WANT TO KNOW who is behind ALL THIS.

Rom Wei

Lol,your word does make sense,but in my opinion,god is just a leader who responsible on ruling us.
Just imagine if server is a world,then the admin is god and the owner is the one who create this server.
Oh,forget about the other like server modder or whatever,just remember owner and admin,

Last edited:

Rom Wei

Uh, I take it your poll means to ask whether we disagree with your opening post?

It is a bit unusual to simply agree with everything said in a post of that size, don't you think?
You mean i should change my poll's question?Alright then.
Oh dear,how do i edit the poll?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Like i said,if a religion is made out of a story without ANY proof,that religion is consider as FairyTale.

Well, not really, because Fairy Tale is a genre of story, whereas a religion is far more than just the stories.

And fairy tales don't need proof, because that's not the point. Wondering about whether they really happened is a distraction from their real values.

Do you know the story of John Barleycorn? That's one from my religion, and one of my favorites. :D

But still don forget we are living in universe now,i did not mean that i want to know about universe,i WANT TO KNOW who is behind ALL THIS.

...you don't want to know about the universe, but you want to know about the universe...?

What?

If you want to know about the origins of the universe, you'll have better luck studying astrophysics, not religion.

Rom Wei

Well, not really, because Fairy Tale is a genre of story, whereas a religion is far more than just the stories.

And fairy tales don't need proof, because that's not the point. Wondering about whether they really happened is a distraction from their real values.

Do you know the story of John Barleycorn? That's one from my religion, and one of my favorites. :D

...you don't want to know about the universe, but you want to know about the universe...?

What?

If you want to know about the origins of the universe, you'll have better luck studying astrophysics, not religion.
But even i became a astronaut and explore the universe,when i am floating in the space,looking at this beautiful moon and still wonder,'Who create all this beauty?','Who create this blank space?','Who create nova explosion?','What create the thing that made nova explosion?',bam,we are back to the religion again.Just try to think deeper and deeper.
Well,about the fairytale,i guess you are right.