• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Questionnaire #4: How Interested are You in Threads About Religion?

How interested are you in threads about religion?

• I am highly interested in threads about religion

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I am very interested in threads about religion.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I am interested in threads about religion.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • I am somewhat interested in threads about religion.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I am not interested in threads about religion.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This questionnaire is important to me: I am gathering member feedback to help me make better policy decisions. Please help out by responding to it.

Please pick which one of these five options is closest to your views. If you do not see an option that suits you, please accept this poll was not designed for you, and move on.

OPTION ONE: I am highly interested in threads about religion.

OPTION TWO: I am very interested in threads about religion.

OPTION THREE: I am interested in threads about religion.

OPTION FOUR: I am somewhat interested in threads about religion.

OPTION FIVE: I am not interested in threads about religion.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
"Very" for me. I find the threads important enough that when someone does make a good, honest thread on the subject, like some 70% of Amanaki's threads, that I consider it more than just a question or statement, but a light form of community service.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I came here for the religious discussions, so I'm very interested in those threads. Other threads are more like side-benefits or bonuses.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"Very" for me. I find the threads important enough that when someone does make a good, honest thread on the subject, like some 70% of Amanaki's threads, that I consider it more than just a question or statement, but a light form of community service.

What put you off choosing "extremely" interested?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, I came here for the religious discussions, so I'm very interested in those threads. Other threads are more like side-benefits or bonuses.

I have changed the wording of the first option from "extremely" to "highly" if that makes any difference to you.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What put you off choosing "extremely" interested?

I think there does exist a point that's beyond reason, and to be honest, "extremely" might be it for me. I could vote it, but only with a disclaimer like "Even so, I find the posts from atheists equally important, which often aren't on religion, because since they often focus on other things, they sometimes master subjects we theists haven't and are able to do their own form of community service from it, whether the subject be science, literary works, etc".

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I have changed the wording of the first option from "extremely" to "highly" if that makes any difference to you.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I have only low interest in threads about religion. I don't have one and I'm not looking for one. What I am interested in are the philosophy, psychology and jurisprudence surrounding the topic.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a little hard for me to answer the OP, since my views are somewhat like @Heyo.
However, I've long thought that understanding religious views allowed me to better understand social and cultural norms and group psychology.

Hubris, perhaps, but there it is.

I'm also very, very interested in religious history, which I would still see as 'threads about religion'. So I answered that 'I am very interested...'

Subtle nuances of dogma are uninteresting to me, apart from what I can learn about believers based on them, though.
Having said that, my original reason for coming here was to get a better and more practical understanding of deism, and what beliefs fell within that umbrella, so it's not like subtle differences in belief are uninteresting to me in all cases. Perhaps it's more scriptural debates I found tedious.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I voted #3, interested, because it's, broken record time, dependent on the nature of the thread. So I've rougly averaging what I find very interesting and of little interest.

A lot are about what the Bible says or attempts to prove something by extensive scriptural quotes, my interest is at most low.

The threads about someone's personal experiences, spirituality, I vote #1, highly.

I deliberately conflated exoteric religion with esoteric spirituality because I assume that was the intent of the questions. So I assume someone's spiritual but not religious thread is part of the religion question.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Very interested in religious mindsets as they relate to non believers.

Also I am interested in moral codes, and general spiritual practices.

I would like to learn more about Brahman as well.

Had my fill of Christianity. JW's are somewhat interesting.

Any new angle on any religion is interesting.

The science behind religion is fascinating.

The God concept in general is worthwhile; natural theology.

The relationship between religion and philosophy is interesting.

The roots of religion as they relate to today's religions, very interesting.

The anti religious movement, interesting!

Cooky

Veteran Member
I used to like discussing religion when I was a Catholic triumphalist in my early 30's.

...Now in my early 40's I like philosophy, science, and 'thinking about thinking'.

I don't know where I'll be in 10 years, but I doubt I'll be wondering about someone else's religion... Unless I become a staunch atheist, and my goal becomes 'fixing' religious people... If something that pathetic ever happens, please shoot me.

Cooky

Veteran Member
It's a little hard for me to answer the OP, since my views are somewhat like @Heyo.
However, I've long thought that understanding religious views allowed me to better understand social and cultural norms and group psychology.

Hubris, perhaps, but there it is.

I'm also very, very interested in religious history, which I would still see as 'threads about religion'. So I answered that 'I am very interested...'

Subtle nuances of dogma are uninteresting to me, apart from what I can learn about believers based on them, though.
Having said that, my original reason for coming here was to get a better and more practical understanding of deism, and what beliefs fell within that umbrella, so it's not like subtle differences in belief are uninteresting to me in all cases. Perhaps it's more scriptural debates I found tedious.

I could go for religious history too. I also like anthropology and history in general... Especially ancient history.

Cooky

Veteran Member
...I changed my vote from option 5 to option 4, because I like to study ancient Persian culture, which includes Zoroastrianism.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
This questionnaire is important to me: I am gathering member feedback to help me make better policy decisions. Please help out by responding to it.

Please pick which one of these five options is closest to your views. If you do not see an option that suits you, please accept this poll was not designed for you, and move on.

OPTION ONE: I am highly interested in threads about religion.

OPTION TWO: I am very interested in threads about religion.

OPTION THREE: I am interested in threads about religion.

OPTION FOUR: I am somewhat interested in threads about religion.

OPTION FIVE: I am not interested in threads about religion.

What I'd like to point out is that when I first got to the sight I was highly interested in the Religious portion but being on the site for sometime now that has changed. Religion is fixed in the past and the same arguments come up over and over again. Unless some new aspect is promoted I usually just ignore them now.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I could go for religious history too. I also like anthropology and history in general... Especially ancient history.

I tend more towards classical than ancient, although there are weird pockets of time I'm interested in and study all over the place...lol

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
There are a number of religious themed threads that I have kept up with, but not posted in.
Thus I really like the ability to subscribe to a thread (meaning I get notifications of new posts within it) without having to post in it.

So I am of like mind with Jayhawker Soule in that some are more interesting to me than others.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I have found myself, whilst lurking a religious thread, waiting for certain members to post their takes on the subject.
Or a tangent.