• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Questionnaire #10: Splitting the "Like" Rating

Please See OP Before Responding to Poll

• Yes, I want to split the "Like" rating into "Interesting" and "Agree".

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • It does not matter to me either way whether the "Like" rating is split into "Interesting" & "Agree".

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No, I do not want to split the "Like" rating into "Interesting" and "Agree".

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I'm wondering where you'd draw the line on numbers of options, it could get a bit out of hand. If we all started with a blank slate and came up with, say, 8 categories I'm sure there'd be a plethora of suggestions.
I certainly would not want negative options, that could easily add fuel to fires.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Speaking of "ticking more than one box," does the forum software allow for selecting more than one rating on a post? I've sometimes thought that friendly and creative posts that I like are winners that are both optimistically funny and informative, and were quite useful.
I much prefer the way the old Frubal system let you leave a comment.
Not a big fan of how the old Frubal point system worked.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
@Sunstone, if the 'like' rating is split into two other ratings, what happens to the current 'like' ratings? Do they disappear? If not, how does one determine which ratings are sorted to the two new ratings?

I'm okay with adding ratings, but before we start changing existing ones, shouldn't we first determine what happens to the existing ones that members gave or received?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Sunstone, if the 'like' rating is split into two other ratings, what happens to the current 'like' ratings? Do they disappear? If not, how does one determine which ratings are sorted to the two new ratings?

I'm okay with adding ratings, but before we start changing existing ones, shouldn't we first determine what happens to the existing ones that members gave or received?
The solution is to keep the <like>.
Don't remove any.
Add.....or leave things as they are.