• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Questionnaire #10: Splitting the "Like" Rating

Please See OP Before Responding to Poll

• Yes, I want to split the "Like" rating into "Interesting" and "Agree".

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • It does not matter to me either way whether the "Like" rating is split into "Interesting" & "Agree".

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No, I do not want to split the "Like" rating into "Interesting" and "Agree".

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This questionnaire is important to me: I am gathering member feedback to help me make better policy decisions. Please help out by responding to it.

As you know, there are six "ratings" currently available for use by members. "Like", "Funny", "Winner", etc. Do you want to split the "Like" rating into an "Interesting" rating and an "Agree" rating? This would bring the total number of ratings to seven, and perhaps allow you to more precisely express why you "like" a post.

Please pick which one of these three options is closest to the truth. If you do not see an option that suits you, please accept this poll was not designed for you, and move on.

OPTION ONE: Yes, I want to split the "Like" rating into "Interesting" and "Agree".

OPTION TWO: It does not matter to me either way whether the "Like" rating is split into "Interesting" and "Agree".

OPTION THREE: No, I do not want to split the "Like" rating into "Interesting" and "Agree".

Thief

Rogue Theologian
keep the like as is
you like it or you don't

but you could add a 'thumbs down'.....don't like

74x12

This questionnaire is important to me: I am gathering member feedback to help me make better policy decisions. Please help out by responding to it.

As you know, there are six "ratings" currently available for use by members. "Like", "Funny", "Winner", etc. Do you want to split the "Like" rating into an "Interesting" rating and an "Agree" rating? This would bring the total number of ratings to seven, and perhaps allow you to more precisely express why you "like" a post.

Please pick which one of these three options is closest to the truth. If you do not see an option that suits you, please accept this poll was not designed for you, and move on.

OPTION ONE: Yes, I want to split the "Like" rating into "Interesting" and "Agree".

OPTION TWO: It does not matter to me either way whether the "Like" rating is split into "Interesting" and "Agree".

OPTION THREE: No, I do not want to split the "Like" rating into "Interesting" and "Agree".
Interesting idea, but I must say no thank you. Because I believe you can like a post without totally agreeing. So I would never say "agree" to a post that I thought was just flawed rather than being out right wrong. But if it's just slightly flawed then I can "like" it because I believe there is some redeeming feature of the post.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I said 3. I would instead split it into 'Like' and 'Agree' rather than 'Like' and 'Interesting'.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I guess I will come out of the shadows with my thoughts...

I think there is merits in something more diverse. But I'm not sure the best way of going about it. Ratings like "Respect" (the slang version of it meaning acknowledgement or similar to saying "Right on", not the standard definition), as well as I don't know if we are quite there yet, but maybe an "oy vey" or "agree to disagree" rating that adds positively to a person's frubal count. Maybe even a "good luck!" rating.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

I am all for splitting the ratings into "like" and "agree" as "Informative" is the same as "Interesting" really....and what about a "respectfully disagree"? Am I asking too much?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Nobody else vote! Its perfect!:D
Screenshot_20200515-202452_Firefox.jpg

Jedster

@Sunstone

Yes, I want to split the "Like" rating into "Interesting" and "Agree".

because

I often agree, but also often like even if I don't agree. e.g. a good presentation/argument which I would find interesting

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm for anything that shows more specificity in ratings.

Can we add a <yawn>ignore</yawn> rating inspired by @Jayhawker Soule that counts as a -1 rating? ;)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Can we add a <yawn>ignore</yawn> rating inspired by @Jayhawker Soule that counts as a -1 rating? ;)

After seeing your outfit this morning, Salix, I am at a loss as to why you would be in the mood for a rating that essentially expresses boredom or indifference? I mean, boredom and indifference seem to have been the furthest thing from your mind when you got dressed this morning.

Really, Salix! Really? Fluorescent pink poke-a-dots on a lime green button-down with a bright red bow tie? Is that a shirt or one of Dr. Frankenstein's petrie dishes? And in either case, is it indeed hemorrhaging?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm for anything that shows more specificity in ratings.

After seeing your outfit this morning, Salix, I am at a loss as to why you would be in the mood for a rating that essentially expresses boredom or indifference? I mean, boredom and indifference seem to have been the furthest thing from your mind when you got dressed this morning.

Really, Salix! Really? Fluorescent pink poke-a-dots on a lime green button-down with a bright red bow tie? Is that a shirt or one of Dr. Frankenstein's petrie dishes? And in either case, is it indeed hemorrhaging?

Eh, it's probably actually a good thing we don't have a negative frubal rating. Salix would get an equal number of negative frubals and "Winner" ratings for his fashion sense. A forum wide war would ensue, with no end.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Speaking of "ticking more than one box," does the forum software allow for selecting more than one rating on a post? I've sometimes thought that friendly and creative posts that I like are winners that are both optimistically funny and informative, and were quite useful.