• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Member Questionnaire: Your RF Experience in the Last 30 Days

My RF experience in the last 30 days has been:

• Better than before that period.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Worse than before that period.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • The same as before that period.

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Other (please clarify in the thread).

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I was surprised to see this thread linked below, where the Original Post systematically slanders one religion become a Featured post --

The Good, the Bad and God

I wondered: "What would happen if someone posted a similar set of slanders against another religion?"

Of course, I don't want to find out.

I think that goes directly against the Mission Statement to slander another member's religion.

If I say to you, "Your belief (or set of ideological principles) _____ is a belief in a _____(insert serious slanders here)____" then I'm definitely not having a civil and friendly discussion with you.

Then I thought, what if the person really believed all of that mischaracterization, so I explained a couple of the errors, and it seemed, so far, that he didn't have any interest at all in correcting the errors, thus I concluded it really is intentional slander.

Threads are featured automatically based on an algorithm. If a thread is in any forum section about religion and reaches a specific number of posts, it gets featured by the forum software.

If you feel a thread shouldn't be featured for any given reason, feel free to report it and to give your reason(s) in the report as to why it shouldn't be. We can manually unfeature threads if we deem it necessary.

gnomon

Some of the changes are still in progress; those mainly have to do with encouraging a spirit of fellowship among the membership as well as countering any hostility on the forums.

I had to change my vote to worse than before.;)

The last time I heard fellowship involved dunking my head in water or throwing candies at me for reciting Bible verses.

Joking. It's actually..........

Could care less.