• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Member Questionnaire: Your RF Experience in the Last 30 Days

My RF experience in the last 30 days has been:

• Better than before that period.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Worse than before that period.

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • The same as before that period.

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • Other (please clarify in the thread).

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not sure if my personal experience has been better or worse, but in terms of staff interaction I think there has been a noticeable attempt to tighten things up, and some very clear communication around this, which I appreciate.

My personal experiences are far more impacted based on particular threads, and discussions with one or two other members, so I've been a little frustrated, but I don't see it as staff's job to alleviate that in any way. It's their job to help ensure there is a platform for discussion, and that the rules of that platform are adhered to.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just recently lost some very good material that will be hard for me to re-write, because I posted it in a thread that seems to have been then subsequently removed. It was a post into which I had put a great deal of thought.

Now, if I write something that I think is worth going back to, I have to copy it, and then figure out how to file it. I find that to be a nuiscance.
I use an email draft to save things.

I've noticed that things improved.
I don't know if it was 30 days.
But it is easily the last couple weeks.
There's still hostility, but it's reduced.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've noticed that. I'm a forum ******* child.

But then again I'm not premium. I'm regular. God forbid if I go diesel.
Premium simply means that someone paid $20 or so to end ads.
Someone generously did that for me.
And I am embarrassed to say that I can't remember who they were.
But I do recall an impression of someone friendly.
Odd....I remember that aspect, but not the name.
I am truly inadequate.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I see that two people voted for the "worse" option. Please share your feedback if possible so that we can take it into account going forward. You can PM me if you don't feel like posting in this thread.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Premium simply means that someone paid $20 or so to end ads.
Someone generously did that for me.
And I am embarrassed to say that I can't remember who they were.
But I do recall an impression of someone friendly.
Odd....I remember that aspect, but not the name.
I am truly inadequate.

Was it @David1967? (I could be wrong, but maybe I'm right and we can give him credit for it.)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't remember.
Whoever they are, they know that a great many of us think they're wonderful.

Hopefully whoever did will see this thread.

Which option did you vote for, by the way? I'm trying to get feedback from as many members as possible here.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Please choose the option that most accurately reflects your forum experience in the last 30 days.

Some of us on staff have been working toward reducing hostility on the forums mainly by encouraging productive posting and going down harder on hostile posting and posting that otherwise runs contrary to the forum mission as outlined in Rule 9.

Please make sure to keep discussion of individual cases of moderation to Site Feedback and to only provide feedback in this thread as explained above.

Thank you.

I voted the same, because I haven't noticed any improvements. But then again I have tunnel vision and I overall have always enjoyed the forum as it is the only one I regularly visit and contribute to.

What changes were supposed to be made so that I can notice them?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Please choose the option that most accurately reflects your forum experience in the last 30 days.

Some of us on staff have been working toward reducing hostility on the forums mainly by encouraging productive posting and going down harder on hostile posting and posting that otherwise runs contrary to the forum mission as outlined in Rule 9.

Please make sure to keep discussion of individual cases of moderation to Site Feedback and to only provide feedback in this thread as explained above.

Thank you.
Now that you mention it my impression is that there has been less flamebaiting and blatant trolling than a few months ago. Things got a bit heated when the virus was affecting everyone but it seems to have calmed down. (I was personally pleased that spreading demonstrably false medical information was banned.) The forum seems to be weathering the subsequent storm of the US race protests pretty well, it seems to me.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I voted 'no change' and was surprised at the question, as I didn't notice anything other than Sunstones questionaires about the rules and such. Perhaps most of the trouble was in the politics side where I rarely go. Either that or I'm just oblivious to noticing stuff ... too dumb to catch much.

But for sure, if you don't go where the trouble is, there is less trouble to be seen.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I see little difference, although I suspect (almost hope) that I've become increasingly impatient/intolerant when it comes to some topics,

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

My experience is worse, but not because of the site. I've simply just about stopped caring about what other people think or letting them know what I think. I have nearly zero desire to post. But you asked, so I volunteered a reply.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Few things,

The plague seems to have changed the direction of threads to some extent, not surprising but it has had an effect if the experience.

I have to say the same about the US election and the BLM thing going on in the US.

As for

Some of us on staff have been working toward reducing hostility

i thought just the opposite in recent days.

So i voted other. I am not saying its been better or worse but the experience has been different.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".

Thank you.
I was surprised to see this thread linked below, where the Original Post systematically slanders one religion become a Featured post --

The Good, the Bad and God

I wondered: "What would happen if someone posted a similar set of slanders against another religion?"

Of course, I don't want to find out.

I think that goes directly against the Mission Statement to slander another member's religion.

If I say to you, "Your belief (or set of ideological principles) _____ is a belief in a _____(insert serious slanders here)____" then I'm definitely not having a civil and friendly discussion with you.

Then I thought, what if the person really believed all of that mischaracterization, so I explained a couple of the errors, and it seemed, so far, that he didn't have any interest at all in correcting the errors, thus I concluded it really is intentional slander.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
My experience is worse, but not because of the site. I've simply just about stopped caring about what other people think or letting the know what I think. I have nearly zero desire to post. But you asked, so I volunteered a reply.

Thanks for your input! I should probably clarify that the poll questions are intended to be about the site itself, as the site is what the staff are continually working on maintaining and improving.