• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Implicit Pattern Learning

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Hence the MASSIVE amounts of repetition in scripture and preachments. There is a lot of indoctrination going on, much of it at an early age.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, The creator, creation archetype begins at birth between parent and child.

its my understanding that parents have nothing to do with it. children who have high implicit pattern learning and atheist parents are still going to predominantly believe in god(s).

children who have low implicit pattern learning and religious parents aren't going to necessarily believe in god(s).

PearlSeeker

So are god(s) intuitively known?
Yes - for some people. Maybe preincarnative bias?

Interesting study. I've also read it.

"A brain that is more predisposed to implicit pattern learning may be more inclined to believe in a god no matter where in the world that brain happens to find itself, or in which religious context."

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
its my understanding that parents have nothing to do with it. children who have high implicit pattern learning and atheist parents are still going to predominantly believe in god(s).

children who have low implicit pattern learning and religious parents aren't going to necessarily believe in god(s).
And yet, the parent-child metaphor is included in most theistic belief systems.

Question, is belief in god common among theoretical mathematicians? If not then maybe there's more to it than innate pattern recognition faculty.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I found a pattern: All odd numbers are prime.
3 is prime
5 is prime
7 is prime
9 OK, we'll ignore this one
11 is prime
13 is prime
I think that's prove enough.

With an over enthusiastic pattern learning and a little disregard for facts one can see dragons in the clouds, Jesus in a dogs behind and god in the trees.

dog_butt_jesus+11268597677.jpg