• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impermanence can be a real *****!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Well, your example is very mild.

When you become elderly, this really may become a serious problem without any visible solution.
All of a sudden, your resources may become marginalized, your spouse seriously ill so as to be unable to carry the load but instead becomes part of the burden that needs a solution. You go from having a life to living in an open prison where there is no escape from the situation going to hell in a hand-basket.

As long as your problems of impermanence are questions on a website, count yourself blessed. Eventually, many of us come to a time none would want to experience.

Fair enough!

Some people really do have it far worse than me - I really try to be grateful!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
That gave me a chuckle. But you're pretty much right on the the money on how a lot of people feel about it.

The way I have it figured is even though impermanence is a contention, things have a way of cycling back around from time to time.

If you can manage to chuckle at impermanence yo must be truly wise :)