• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Imperfections

Lightkeeper

Why do we have imperfections? Would life be better if we didn't have them? Who decides what an imperfection is?

Linus

Lightkeeper, you have so many interesting questions and thoughts.

But I think it depends on the context in which you are speaking. If you speak in terms of physical imperfections I believe society is largely responsible for determining what is perfect and imperfect. You can see the standards change throughout time.

But If you are speaking spiritually, then it is my humble opinion (and just an opinion) that God determines what is perfect and imperfect. He is the ultimate judge.

Runt

I don't think we have inherent shortcomings. We do, however, have traits that help us in some cases and harm us in others. They are not inherently good or bad... they just are...

standing_on_one_foot

Runt said:
I don't think we have inherent shortcomings. We do, however, have traits that help us in some cases and harm us in others. They are not inherently good or bad... they just are...
I somewhat agree...but I think our imperfections come from the fact that we can't always control the traits that harm us in certain situations. It's just part of life, I think, seeing as life isn't perfect. Although "perfect" is such a human concept, I think. But then, I do see things from a human point of view.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I think our imperfections are a by-product of the our attempts to be better people. They force us to refine ourselves.