• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeachment is a “Jew Coup”,

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Why should criticism of Israel be limited to Jews?
That's not the problem. The problem is holding Israel to a different standard than other countries. You won't see these pro-BDSers taking similar action against countries that their governments are actually evil, like, say, North Korea.

Jeremiah Ames

That's not the problem. The problem is holding Israel to a different standard than other countries. You won't see these pro-BDSers taking similar action against countries that their governments are actually evil, like, say, North Korea.

That doesn’t make sense. Just because someone is having a discussion on the evil actions of Israel doesn’t comment on their feelings about any other country.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
That doesn’t make sense. Just because someone is having a discussion on the evil actions of Israel doesn’t comment on their feelings about any other country.
Where is the anti-North Korea BDS movement? Where's the Syrian BDS movement? Venezuela BDS? Cuba BDS? Where's that? Nowhere. Israel appears to be the only country with a personal BDS movement against it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why should criticism of Israel be limited to Jews?

I wondered the same thing.
He might mean that he's a Jew, & is giving approval for others to criticize Israel.

What I meant was that criticizing a nation's actions is not the same thing as being a bigot. I used my Jewishness as an illustration of that principle.

And of course it comes down to motive. If someone's motive is bigotry, they might pick on Israel to focus their bigotry. Or someone might focus on Israel's actions as being discriminatory to the non-Jews living there.

sooda

Veteran Member

I disagree..

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
So where is his proof? Stating his opinion as fact...
That's what pastors get paid to do. Naturally there are all kinds saying various things -- whatever they can get paid to say. Its good money. Its better than going hungry or having to work at Denny's.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What I meant was that criticizing a nation's actions is not the same thing as being a bigot. I used my Jewishness as an illustration of that principle.

And of course it comes down to motive. If someone's motive is bigotry, they might pick on Israel to focus their bigotry. Or someone might focus on Israel's actions as being discriminatory to the non-Jews living there.
Funny....you don't look Jewish.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That's what pastors get paid to do. Naturally there are all kinds saying various things -- whatever they can get paid to say. Its good money. Its better than going hungry or having to work at Denny's.

Hey, my mother worked at Denny's. :mad:

Yeah I suppose if you're a pastor, claims is all you got. Still one can choose between a message of peace and fear. Should be easy to see his message fell to the later.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, my mother worked at Denny's. :mad:

Yeah I suppose if you're a pastor, claims is all you got. Still one can choose between a message of peace and fear. Should be easy to see his message fell to the later.
I'm not excusing him, but there is an easy way to get him to shut it and that's to pay him.

Riders

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Funny....you don't look Jewish.

I don't go to shul. But if I did...

hanukkah_star_of_david_golden_retriever_corona_square_sticker-r1b18dd3f98f242acb180f8ae5eb7bb96_0ugmc_8byvr_630.jpg