• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeachment hearings: Was it worth it?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
For those of you who are opposed to the Trump administration, was/is it worth it?

I suspect that the answer is yes, if only to put a face on the integrity, bravery, and competency of a bureaucracy functioning in an incredibly complicated and often dangerous environment. It was like getting a glimpse of the face of patriotism.

I also suspect that we are fast reaching a point of diminishing returns. The Senate will not remove Trump from office, the basket of deplorables will remain ossified, and the rest will find their attention span seriously challenged, all while the direct and collateral damage effected by the Trump Presidency continue to mount.

All of this serves to emphasize the following: nothing, absolutely nothing, is more important than the coming election.

leov

For those of you who are opposed to the Trump administration, was/is it worth it?

I suspect that the answer is yes, if only to put a face on the integrity, bravery, and competency of a bureaucracy functioning in an incredibly complicated and often dangerous environment. It was like getting a glimpse of the face of patriotism.

I also suspect that we are fast reaching a point of diminishing returns. The Senate will not remove Trump from office, the basket of deplorables will remain ossified, and the rest will find their attention span seriously challenged, all while the direct and collateral damage effected by the Trump Presidency continue to mount.

All of this serves to emphasize the following: nothing, absolutely nothing, is more important than the coming election.
Also Bidens are criminals but it was not translated in English.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

For a non-American person, Yes I think it was worth it, even if they do not impeach Trump in the end, the process has discovered many people in the administration and one wannabe lawyer who has done what seems to be illegal or at least very close to illegal activity around the President or even on orders from Trump (I can not prove that it comes from Trump of course).
But since I watched every minute of the hearing, I would say it is mostly clear that Trump can have done impeachable actions. But I should not say he is guilty before the Senate has spoken about it and found him guilty or not

But yes it was worth it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

The "basket of deplorables" is only part of the voting bloc that got Trump elected. I have seen sources that say seventy percent of Americans agree that what Trump did was wrong. It is the independent voters that decide Presidential elections and this may have hurt Trump badly in that part of the population.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Speaking from the outside, it seems to me to be very much worth it, if coming perhaps a bit later than it should.

There was a dire, urgent, grave need to put some limits to the shamelessness and abuse of those people. This current divisiveness is terrible, but the alternative is incredibly worse. It conservatives and who know what other groups refuse to grow integrity and a moral spine, then they ought to be called to task. That is very much necessary, if certainly painful.

Hopefully this will be the start of a bit of significant moral regeneration in the USA. You certainly need that.

leov

For a non-American person, Yes I think it was worth it, even if they do not impeach Trump in the end, the process has discovered many people in the administration and one wannabe lawyer who has done what seems to be illegal or at least very close to illegal activity around the President or even on orders from Trump (I can not prove that it comes from Trump of course).
But since I watched every minute of the hearing, I would say it is mostly clear that Trump can have done impeachable actions. But I should not say he is guilty before the Senate has spoken about it and found him guilty or not

But yes it was worth it.
Politics is a rotten business, it was 100% political and deepened divide of this nation, wait and see what it leads to.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

I reckon this impeachment coup effort by the Democratic controlled House will ultimately fail to get Donald J. Trump removed from office. I hope the U.S. Senate as well as most American voters realize that any possible Ukrainian-Biden interference in the 2016 U.S. Presidential campaign should be investigated. Hillary Clinton's election campaign likely received financial support from the Biden family where Hunter Biden obtained millions of dollars from the corrupt Ukrainian energy company Burisma who has been funded by the formerly corrupt Ukrainian government whom the U.S government financial assisted when Joe Biden was Vice President; Ukraine in this round about way might have meddled in the U.S. Presidential election, which should be rightfully investigated by Ukraine as well as by our G.O.P. controlled Senate. Hence, our P.O.T.U.S. Donald J. Trump had every right to kindly ask the Ukrainian President to investigate possible Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. Presidential election.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Politics is a rotten business, it was 100% political and deepened divide of this nation, wait and see what it leads to.
IF, Trump has done what he is accused of doing, do you still feel it was political, or for his own winning? Because in my experience from watching the hearing live, it seems like he bribed Ukraine, and according to the law that is illegal even for the president. And then it is not political but personal matter involved

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I just can't wrap my mind around any scenario that would explain how you see fit to say such a thing.

This is not even blaming the victim, it is blaming the janitor.

leov

IF, Trump has done what he is accused of doing, do you still feel it was political, or for his own winning? Because in my experience from watching the hearing live, it seems like he bribed Ukraine, and according to the law that is illegal even for the president. And then it is not political but personal matter involved
Of course he's done it, and I think it was a set up for dems...it will back fire badly, imo. Comparing with letting ocean of blood flowing his tricks look very unimportant.

leov

I just can't wrap my mind around any scenario that would explain how you see fit to say such a thing.

This is not even blaming the victim, it is blaming the janitor.
It is a huge pile of dung, this affair looks like a little piece of paper on top of it, sorry for cynical language.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is a huge pile of dung, this affair looks like a little piece of paper on top of it, sorry for cynical language.
Don't be sorry for that.

That is nothing compared to your apparent disregard for basic political decency.

_That_ you should be sorry about.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I reckon this impeachment coup effort by the Democratic controlled House will ultimately fail to get Donald J. Trump removed from office. I hope the U.S. Senate as well as most American voters realize that any possible Ukrainian-Biden interference in the 2016 U.S. Presidential campaign should be investigated. Hillary Clinton's election campaign likely received financial support from the Biden family where Hunter Biden obtained millions of dollars from the corrupt Ukrainian energy company Burisma who has been funded by the formerly corrupt Ukrainian government whom the U.S government financial assisted when Joe Biden was Vice President; Ukraine in this round about way might have meddled in the U.S. Presidential election, which should be rightfully investigated by Ukraine as well as by our G.O.P. controlled Senate. Hence, our P.O.T.U.S. Donald J. Trump had every right to kindly ask the Ukrainian President to investigate possible Ukrainian interference in the 2016 U.S. Presidential election.
I am not an expert on American law, But when the president says to a president from the other country. I would like to ask for a favor tho. Isn't that an attempt of bribing the foreign President into something that is none of Ukraine's problem in the first place? And evidence (in the hearing) shows clearly that if there was meddling from other foreign countries in 2016, it did come from Putin and Russia?
Ukraine is losing this in any way shape or form, so why is the focus so much on them?

leov

Don't be sorry for that.

That is nothing compared to your apparent disregard for basic political decency.

_That_ you should be sorry about.
Not after almost 20 years of fake war... How anyone can be serious about what is going on there?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

The impeachment process is the legal process, and unfortunately in history it often has a partisan wall. Nonetheless Trumps actions are indeed impeachable, and it is his basket of deplorables we have to deal with that go far beyond the problems with his relationships with Ukraine and his buddy buddy relationship with Putin. At present, the President is considered beyond the courts of law, which is a real problem. If he was subject to rule of law he would likely be in prison.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Of course he's done it, and I think it was a set up for dems...it will back fire badly, imo. Comparing with letting ocean of blood flowing his tricks look very unimportant.
Do you think Ukraine see it as a trickle when it comes to the money and weapons America promised and even had made ready to give, and suddenly it was retracted? That did not help Ukraine in the war against Russia.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I am not an expert on American law, But when the president says to a president from the other country. I would like to ask for a favor tho. Isn't that an attempt of bribing the foreign President into something that is none of Ukraine's problem in the first place? And evidence (in the hearing) shows clearly that if there was meddling from other foreign countries in 2016, it did come from Putin and Russia?
Ukraine is losing this in any way shape or form, so why is the focus so much on them?

Many of us American taxpayers are sick and tired of our hard-earned tax dollars going to corrupt foreign entities, we are more than happy our P.O.T.U.S. would like foreign leaders to help us investigate how American foreign aid is being spent.

leov

Do you think Ukraine see it as a trickle when it comes to the money and weapons America promised and even had made ready to give, and suddenly it was retracted? That did not help Ukraine in the war against Russia.
I lived there for 26 years. They really need to stop listenning to crooks from the West.