• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impactful kids entertainment

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Somewhat inspired by the Nostalgia Critic’s love of Disney/Ghibli (and yeah I know he’s not a very good media critic overall)
I want to know what films in your childhood, either for children or adult fare, shaped you and your perceptions?

For me
Disney films such as Tarzan, Fox and the Hound, Oliver and Company and yes all the usual Disney Renaissance faire shaped me. Especially movies such as Beauty and the Beast. Such great animation. And of course the Don Bluth failed rip off Anastasia. I’m sorry. The move might be flawed and I recognise that. But I can still happily listen to Once Upon a December to this day
Pricilla Queen of the Desert shaped me I think lol
Hunchback was cool too
Grave of the Fireflies I saw randomly on TV and damn that hit me like a ton of bricks. Especially since at the time my school was teaching young us about WWII
What are some of yours?.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I liked Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer. It made me take life casually through for the most part.

I suppose one of the most influential for me was Billy Jack and Circle of Iron.