• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IMO Wisconsin will turn red with this lawsuit

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The law was established by the people's representative. Moving goal posts that violate the law would make us a country of whims. Why not just say, "anyone can vote until December 31st so that all voters can be counted?" - So, regardless, the law is the law - it protects us from fraud

The law can be quite fascinating at times. I recall the immortal words of Professor Kingsfield from The Paper Chase: "The study of law is something new and unfamiliar to most of you—unlike any other schooling you have ever known before. You teach yourselves the law, but I train your minds. You come in here with a skull full of mush, and, if you survive, you leave thinking like a lawyer." He was like the Yoda of the legal world.

But in practice, it seems that a lot of lawyers still have skulls full of mush. They look for any possible loophole, anything they can grasp on to, in order to achieve the desired outcome.

A Vestigial Mote

1) Absentee Ballots must be requested in writing. Thousands were sent and received without a request given in writing with a verified photo ID of the person requesting this Absentee Ballot. These will be thrown out as per law.
The state should have sought an alternative for the photo-ID situation, for sure. Perhaps allow people to sign into a site, answer some security questions to verify their identity and take a photo of them with their web-cam/phone or something in case they needed to go back to records for any sort of disputes or issues.

In the end, I am sure that the state was reacting to the extenuating circumstance of a pandemic surrounding this latest election, and their reaction was to follow-suit with what other states were doing in order to KEEP PEOPLE SAFER, by sending out mail-in ballots without their having been requested.

I swear to your God that it is the hard-line Conservatives and Christians of the U.S. who most seem unable to accept changes made as others attempt to keep people safe during these crazy times. A flamboyant reaction to barring church services, the people who most complain about having to wear masks, the greater number of people who hold huge gatherings where no one is practicing any of the measures that are recommended to help slow the spread of the disease. Learn to roll with the punches sometimes, for goodness sake. You'll still take the beating, but it may just save you from the broken nose.

I think if the courts aren't listening to Trump or his team's evidence, he needs to broadcast it all over the internet and media, all the evidence Trump and his team have collected to demonstrate fraud, and they should explain how it is fraud as well, then the people can start making a fuss with that evidence and the courts might be pressured to take it seriously to officially make rulings to appease the people who are complaining using the evidence Trump and his team broadcast on the media. They are running out of time, they should do it right now because I'm bored.

The state should have sought an alternative for the photo-ID situation, for sure. Perhaps allow people to sign into a site, answer some security questions to verify their identity and take a photo of them with their web-cam/phone or something in case they needed to go back to records for any sort of disputes or issues.

In the end, I am sure that the state was reacting to the extenuating circumstance of a pandemic surrounding this latest election, and their reaction was to follow-suit with what other states were doing in order to KEEP PEOPLE SAFER, by sending out mail-in ballots without their having been requested.

I swear to your God that it is the hard-line Conservatives and Christians of the U.S. who most seem unable to accept changes made as others attempt to keep people safe during these crazy times. A flamboyant reaction to barring church services, the people who most complain about having to wear masks, the greater number of people who hold huge gatherings where no one is practicing any of the measures that are recommended to help slow the spread of the disease. Learn to roll with the punches sometimes, for goodness sake. You'll still take the beating, but it may just save you from the broken nose.

Hahah I liked that "I swear to your God" thing. Did you think of that one yourself or get it from something else? Is it something people are saying these days? I like it lol!

They were the ones taught to "turn the other cheek", maybe it was for their own good!

Though, I think that Christians and every human being should fight for what they think is right, against what they think is wrong.

If there are people who think there is something wrong, they need to make their case clearly. They are used to being disbelieved and laughed at, so this is probably not seeming any different from the usual perceived persecution.

Trump has placed himself in the position of the "underdog", just like they imagine themselves in most cases when fighting hordes of non-Christians. This means a lot to them, so I don't think it should be taken lightly, because there are actually a lot of these people, so they need to be given the impression that they are being dealt with fairly, like Pontius Pilate.

A Vestigial Mote

Hahah I liked that "I swear to your God" thing. Did you think of that one yourself or get it from something else? Is it something people are saying these days? I like it lol!
Haha... unfortunately I can't take credit. It's something I first heard Matt Dillahunty (of the "Atheist Experience" talk show) use. Chances are he got it from somewhere else also...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
DocumentCloud

I believe, because of the specific laws that are delineated in reference to Absentee Ballots, the Wisconsin final declaration will be that it will turn red.

Reasons - two main point and a small third:

1) Absentee Ballots must be requested in writing. Thousands were sent and received without a request given in writing with a verified photo ID of the person requesting this Absentee Ballot. These will be thrown out as per law.

View attachment 45751

There are approximately 77,000 ballots with no written application in two Democratic counties. - Enough to flip it red.

2) Reasons for Absentee Ballot requests are very specific, that being, indefinite confinement due to age, physical illness or infirmity.

View attachment 45751

In 2018 there were 56,000 qualified absentee requests due to indefinite confinement. In 2020 there were 215,000 - an increase of almost 400% - a sign that there would be many who would not qualify. This woul be enough to flip the state.

3) The last is simply that there should be a signature and address of a witness. Probably not an impact.
Just get over it. Trump lost. Nothing is changing that.
It's very pathetic also that so many--including you--are so eager to see so many voters disenfranchised simply because your guy lost, based on nothung morethan the claims of whackass conspiracy sources.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Once a president has assumed his responsibilities by law, he will be my president - whoever that may be.
It will be Biden. Trump's childish tantrums will not change this. He needs evidence, and "I lost" is probably the worst evidence of voter fraud ever presented.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It will be Biden. Trump's childish tantrums will not change this. He needs evidence, and "I lost" is probably the worst evidence of voter fraud ever presented.
Evidence for each side is fascinating.
OAN today cited Democrats' poor performance in congressional
elections as proof of voter fraud for Biden.
Democrats have cited their poor performance in congressional
elections as proof of lack of voter fraud for Biden.

OAN is worth a watch to see how true believers think.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Yes, I am sure there will be adjustments for next election. However, regardless of "what would be better", I am not sure that the law will bend on this issue. Social distancing and masks is more than enough, don't you think?

In our neck of the woods, we even had sanctified pens per person.

Kenny

Premium Member
Just get over it. Trump lost. Nothing is changing that.
It's very pathetic also that so many--including you--are so eager to see so many voters disenfranchised simply because your guy lost, based on nothung morethan the claims of whackass conspiracy sources.
We just want it to be legal. :)

Heyo

Veteran Member
DocumentCloud

I believe, because of the specific laws that are delineated in reference to Absentee Ballots, the Wisconsin final declaration will be that it will turn red.

Reasons - two main point and a small third:

View attachment 45751

There are approximately 77,000 ballots with no written application in two Democratic counties. - Enough to flip it red.

2) Reasons for Absentee Ballot requests are very specific, that being, indefinite confinement due to age, physical illness or infirmity.

View attachment 45751

In 2018 there were 56,000 qualified absentee requests due to indefinite confinement. In 2020 there were 215,000 - an increase of almost 400% - a sign that there would be many who would not qualify. This woul be enough to flip the state.

3) The last is simply that there should be a signature and address of a witness. Probably not an impact.
Here is someone who is a lawyer and can explain the matters much better than I can, WITH PREJUDICE:

Kenny

Premium Member
Here is someone who is a lawyer and can explain the matters much better than I can, WITH PREJUDICE:
I would agree that much of the litigation are smoke screens... but it didn't change what was presented on the Wisconsin lawsuit.

Obviously I won't know the outcome until it is determined... but my viewpoint is that it is still "law" and so clearly defined that I don't see any other outcome. (I obviously am not God and could be wrong).