• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Immortality, a gift from God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Gee, spending eternity in hell. What a nice gift.

To which ' hell ' are you referring ?
There is the Bible's hell which is the grave for the sleeping dead until Resurrection Day ( Jesus'1,000-year day ).
There is the non-biblical hell of religious-myth teachings of burning forever often taught by false clergy as Scripture.
Please notice what I find happens to the Bible's temporary hell (grave) according to Revelation 20:13-14.
After everyone in hell is ' delivered up ' ( meaning resurrected out of hell - Revelation 1:18 ) then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell.
So, No eternity in the Bible's temporary hell or grave for the sleeping dead according to John 11:11-14.

Skwim

Veteran Member
To which ' hell ' are you referring ?
There is the Bible's hell which is the grave for the sleeping dead until Resurrection Day ( Jesus'1,000-year day ).
There is the non-biblical hell of religious-myth teachings of burning forever often taught by false clergy as Scripture.
Please notice what I find happens to the Bible's temporary hell (grave) according to Revelation 20:13-14.
After everyone in hell is ' delivered up ' ( meaning resurrected out of hell - Revelation 1:18 ) then emptied-out hell is cast vacant into a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated biblical hell.
So, No eternity in the Bible's temporary hell or grave for the sleeping dead according to John 11:11-14.
This hell:

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Matthew 25:46
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Matthew 13:50
50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth

Matthew 10:28
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Mark 9:43
43 If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

Jude 1:7
7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.

Repox

Truth Seeker
If angels are immortal than how would anyone explain fallen Satan and his demon followers who are Not immortal because they will be destroyed forever. "Death" is the price tag 'sin' pays Not immortal life.
Sinner Satan ( and his followers ) will be destroyed by Jesus according to Hebrews 2:14 B.
For that matter, according to Psalms 92:7 everyone wicked will be destroyed forever, Not live.
So, if an angel chooses to follow Satan he is Not giving up immortal life but giving up his everlasting life.
Mortal Adam was Never offered immortality, rather Adam could live forever on Earth as long as he kept God's Law.

If it were Not God's purpose for the Earth to exist forever according to Ecclesiastes 1:4 B, then yes the Laws of Atrophy could apply, but resilient Earth keeps bouncing back (recovering) from abuse when left alone.
God will bring to ruin those ruining Earth according to Revelation 11:18 B.

So, 'immortality' is Not a crucial topic or subject, but rather ' everlasting life on a beautiful paradisical Earth ' is.
I recall Jesus' promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth according to Matthew 5:5.
So, starting at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33 the figurative humble ' sheep'-like people can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth, right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth when even enemy death will be No more on Earth according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8. So, mortal mankind (Matthew 25:37) can gain ' everlasting life on Earth ' as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
I don't believe there are other fallen angels, just Satan (Lucifer). Because of the obedience to God issue, human not have everlasting life with God.

Repox

Truth Seeker
Basically, ' life for life ' was the principle of justice.
Adam lost his perfectly healthy life, so Jesus' ransom undid the loss of human perfection for us - Matthew 20:28.
In Scripture I find there is No lost gospel. So, it is only the '66' Bible books that are considered as inspired.
Christians do Not add or subtract from those '66' as Revelation 22:18-19 says.
It is the Christian prerogative. As for the lost gospel Q, reputable scholars have found it. If you do no research, you will never know.

SpiritQuest

The Immortal Man
Hell is a state of mind or a false belief; it is the belief in death. It is what the fearful human ego has made. This fearful mind imagines the light of God as the burning fire of eternal torment. Ultimately, there is no hell and there is no death, there is only the pure light of Truth. This is the pure awareness that is the light of all consciousness. Immortality means "not-mortal" because the spirit can never die.

Some seek immortality for the flesh. If you want to be immortal in the flesh, start silently blessing people in your mind. Everyone you meet and see bless them to live a happy and healthy life, because the most fundamental law of reality is the law of universal oneness, also called the law of cause and effect. As you think and do unto others so you think and do unto yourself.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This hell:
Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
Matthew 25:46
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Matthew 13:50
50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth
Matthew 10:28
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mark 9:43
43 If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.
Jude 1:7
7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
2 Thessalonians 1:9
9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.

Thank you for your reply. Seems as if you have given the topic a lot of thought.
First of all, Revelation I find is written in very-vivid word pictures or signs according to Revelation 1:1.
Please notice the definition of the lake of fire as defined at Revelation 21:8 B as being ' second death '.
In Scripture there is No life in death, thus there could be No feeling of bliss or pain.
That is also why Jesus taught sleep in death as recorded at John 11:11-14.
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scripture teachings about being unconscious in death:
- Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, to me, in ' second death ' ( see Jude 1:12 B ) there is No resurrection from ' second death '.
Jude 1:7 is in connection to Jude1:5 B ( destruction )
The eternal fire of Jude 1:7 is in connection to Luke 17:27-29 in being: destroyed.

Mark 9:43 is in connection to Matthew 5:29-30
Please notice Jesus was Not advocating self-mutilation, but speaking metaphorically.
In other words, to be willing to cut out of one's life anything ' spiritually ' harmful.
Kind of like a sick person needing to have a limb surgically removed in order to save his life.

The words ' hell/hellfire ' are English words. When KJV translated the word ' Gehenna ' into hellfire, then clergy began to teach the flock about a literal burning. Gehenna was simply a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were 'destroyed forever' and Not kept burning forever.
Biblical hell comes to final end according to Revelation 20:13-14 because emptied-out hell is cast into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacant biblical hell.

I notice at Matthew 10:28 that if you read the verse without the word body it reads to be in fear of Him who can kill (execute) the soul. Thus, the soul is Not immortal, Not death proof.
Gospel writer Luke also wrote the 'soul can be destroyed' at Acts of the Apostles 3:23.
That is in harmony with Ezekiel 18:4,20 that the soul that sins: dies. ( Dies Not lives )
Matthew 13:50 is an illustration Not a real happening ( please see Matthew 13:34 )
Matthew 25:46 is also part of an illustration. Please notice the words ' eternal punishment ' and Not the words Not eternal pain. Eternal punishment according to 2 Thessalonians 1:9 is: destruction.
Destroyed or punished with: Not fire, but with everlasting destruction ( annihilation )
Fire just being a fitting symbol for being gone forever as in destroyed forever.
Can't glue back, or bring back, what is destroyed in a fire place.
That is why the wicked will be ' destroyed forever ' (as in annihilated) according to Psalms 92:7.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hell is a state of mind or a false belief; it is the belief in death. It is what the fearful human ego has made. This fearful mind imagines the light of God as the burning fire of eternal torment. Ultimately, there is no hell and there is no death, there is only the pure light of Truth. This is the pure awareness that is the light of all consciousness. Immortality means "not-mortal" because the spirit can never die.
Some seek immortality for the flesh. If you want to be immortal in the flesh, start silently blessing people in your mind. Everyone you meet and see bless them to live a happy and healthy life, because the most fundamental law of reality is the law of universal oneness, also called the law of cause and effect. As you think and do unto others so you think and do unto yourself.

The ^ above ^ gives me pause for thought that mortal Adam was part of God's Law of 'Cause and Effect '.
Because mortal Adam broke God's Law that caused the bad effect of his wrongdoing to be passed down to us.
That is why we lean towards/wrongdoing instead of being upright or righteous in thinking as we should be.

In English Bible translations, such as the King James, the English word ' hell ' is used.
Jesus taught there is No pain in death at John 11:11-14.
However, that does Not mean in Scripture there is No hell but that the Bible's hell is simply the grave.
The day righteous Jesus' died he went to biblical hell or the temporary grave at Acts of the Apostles 2:27.
So, I find the Bible's hell is simply the temporary grave until Resurrection Day (Jesus' coming 1,000-year day).

God's immortal spirit can Not die that is why God can grant us everlasting life after resurrection.
Mortal Adam who had a mortal spirit died, so do we die because we are Not death proof ( immortal ).
That is why 'all of Adam' returned to the dust of the ground as mentioned at Genesis 3:19.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before. Adam went back to dust where Adam started.
Our spirit, or our spirit of life, ' returns ' to God in the sense that a foreclosed house does Not go or move anywhere, but the house ' returns ' in ownership to the owner. Meaning for us that any future life prospects now lies in God's hands via a future resurrection back to life as promised at Acts of the Apostles 24:15.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It is the Christian prerogative. As for the lost gospel Q, reputable scholars have found it. If you do no research, you will never know.

To me there is a BIG difference between the connection to ' reputable scholars ' and ' God '.
God claims to be the Author of the Bible according to 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
God's Word ( Holy Scripture ) says Not to add or subtract from it.
Thus I do know those reputable scholars are dealing with things outside ( add ons ) of Holy Scripture.
I am merely presenting what the Bible really teaches, as opposed to what is Not found in Holy Scripture.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I beg to differ:
]

I find there is a BIG difference between spirit and ghost ( spook ).
KJV translated the word for spirit as ghost.
Back in the 1800's Noah Webster replaced Ghost with holy spirit because God's spirit is Not an apparition.
For one thing God's spirit is ' neuter ' but God is in the masculine gender.
God's spirit is impersonal neuter as the word "it" found at Numbers 11:17; Numbers 11:25.
Even today we call a car or a ship as a ' she ' when the car or ship is always a neuter "it".