• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Immigration thread-Time to tell the truth

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You'll be surprised. Considering you have never been an immigrant nor a refugee you don't know the extent of what a human will do to survive and make a better life.

italy-migrants-refugees-asylum-seekers-1.jpg
Have you ever been a refugee?

Even here you are not really being honest. My guess is the above picture is likely a boatload of people escaping the war zone in Syria. This is a widely recognized area of conflict and most of these folks will make it to the other end of their voyage and be placed immediately in holding camps where they make a refugee claim. Most countries accept that there is truth to their plight.

Even if they somehow pass by the camps they can claim refugee status at any point when they make landfall and they will be taken in. How many coming across the Mexican border EVER make a refugee claim?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ask his epic beardedness. He is the one who seems to be all-knowing on this issue.
Well, you were the last to address the issue, so I quoted you.
I challenge the necessity of being in a group in order to opine
about its situation.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, you were the last to address the issue, so I quoted you.
I challenge the necessity of being in a group in order to opine
about its situation.
Of course, you are quite correct. (Feel better?) :D

I was merely using the same literary device his beardedness had used to shut down discussion.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Have you ever been an immigrant?

Yes, I immigrated to Germany in 2002 and stayed till 2006. The reason I had to move back is because it was hard to learn the German language and find a job only speaking English. Finally I had to move back so that I could support myself, finish up my German language certifications, and planned on moving back, but things did not work out that way. While I was there I had to work as a farmhand on a horse ranch "under the table" with Turkish immigrants who also did not speak German. It's not a pleasant experience to struggle in a foreign country with people you have little to nothing in common with.