• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Immigration thread-Time to tell the truth

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Let's keep it on the up and up secretly (or openly) think as Trump do why are you against people from 3rd world countries migrating to your country? I understand people "fear" of being labeled racist or prejudice but so what? I always say the most dangerous person is the covert person. I at least know what your intentions are but allow this thread to be the sounding board for your own views regarding immigration. I'm always curious why people dislike immigrants fleeing from strife.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think the premise of this question is wrong. We in the U.S. do allow immigration from third world and strife-ridden nations. Most people are fine with that. But it has to be controlled by laws and occur at a rate that is manageable.

An impossible number of people would prefer to live in a first-world country over their current living conditions, so things have to be managed. And talent drain from poorer countries are harmful too to those countries.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I think the premise of this question is wrong. We in the U.S. do allow immigration from third world and strife-ridden nations. Most people are fine with that. But it has to be controlled by laws and occur at a rate that is manageable.

An impossible number of people would prefer to live in a first-world country over their current living conditions, so things have to be managed. And talent drain from poorer countries are harmful too to those countries.

The premise is not wrong...You kidding me? I live in the U.S. California specifically and I actually witness this all the time. There are people that do not want immigrants, in California many do not want Mexican and Central Americans specifically.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I think you are confusing selective entry with prejudice and you seem to have a habit of seeing racism where there is none. The United States is but one country of many in the world with walls.

Well you have some racially prejudice for one and I've made it clear in some posts long ago on this particular forum that whenever you have a website that is frequented by members of the same demographic you'll have some racial bias towards certain topics, this is among them. BTW you have some posts where other members have called you out and you have yet to respond....

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Let's keep it on the up and up secretly (or openly) think as Trump do why are you against people from 3rd world countries migrating to your country? I understand people "fear" of being labeled racist or prejudice but so what? I always say the most dangerous person is the covert person. I at least know what your intentions are but allow this thread to be the sounding board for your own views regarding immigration. I'm always curious why people dislike immigrants fleeing from strife.

The Syrian refugee crisis was perhaps the biggest lightening rod for nativism in both Europe and the US. It fueled Brexit, the near disaster of La Pen in France, and the election of Trump in the US, for example.

Nativism is about trying to keep the exact culture and shared resources you currently have, and as if that were a stable concept. Immigration is a perceived threat to the nativist status quo, and there is a natural fear born out of inexperience with foreign cultures.

If religion were never a factor in all of this, it would probably all go a lot easier.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

A lot of American's believe that when things get tough you stand up and fix it yourself. How many american immigrants left during the revolutionary war or the civil war. How many americans left after Katrina or any natural disaster. How many americans died to take a side in any of the World wars. Many feel if the immigrants arent going to make a stand in a country they love, they won't be an asset to America.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I think you are confusing selective entry with prejudice and you seem to have a habit of seeing racism where there is none. The United States is but one country of many in the world with walls.

You said in another thread:

After the line "we going to shoot them" I was waiting for the line " an da PO- lices won't do nuffins!"

Of course it is this is a line to make fun of some African-Americans and how they pronounce things. Then other members called you out which you seemingly cowardly didn't respond:

Distasteful and disgraceful...

Way out of line...

If I flee to seek the help of a neighbor because my countrymen is getting bombed it is not to be selective about anything it is me accessing my autonomic nervous system. All human beings have this response to danger. Immigration is no exception. If I flee my country because we are living in poverty and have no sustainable way to get sustenance, I do what I can to survive or to help my family. We all break laws to survive when we get desperate. This is no different if I sell dope to feed my family, or steal food, or rob people so I can have money to get shelter.

Society unfortunately may not take a chance on someone even if they have good intentions. This is another reason why some convicts go back in jail. Recidivism is real, and some people cannot live outside due to the stigma of being a felon. Even if you want to be obedient by the law, some people in society will not take a chance on you.

Last edited:

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Me and my sister both support the full deportation and forceful removal of illegals and especially the grubby worthless DACA ones. I recall CNN doing a little comedy sketch where they tried making a bunch of illegals seem like sympathetic people, this one mn got a DUI and was complaining about being deported. It was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed and it just tickled me till the day ended.

Sorry about that tangent but I am witnessing people fleeing from their own ills and running into countries and ruining them. I am not sympathetic towards people who cannot function or degrade my livelihood and Middle Eastern refugees and Mexican illegals are just that plus more in some cases. We just so happen to not have this issue with European because they have no desire to be anywhere else but Europe. Just because I do not want more brown people in my land does not mean I don't want them there because they are brown, I just do not want them there because they are a stain on society.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I have no problems whatsoever with LEGAL immigration to Canada. I have difficulties with illegal "immigration".

See above post...

What would you do (this is a serious scenario)

I'm God....I take everything away from you....I take your home, I take your family, I take you food, clothing (except what you are currently wearing now), I take your money, and transportation. All you have are your clothes. Now imagine I do the same among those around you. So every person you encounter are in a similar or worse predicament than you. Who would you flee to? Remember I took everything. Stores are closed, armies in the street, nowhere to run. The only place is "NeverEverLand." NeverEverLand is filled with great jobs, homes, food, clothing, shelter. Only thing is it has barbed wire and its laws state no unlawful entry.

Remember you're slowly dying and you don't have time to fill out an application and wait ten years, in fact you don't even have a week. What do you do? Do you chance it or wait for death?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Me and my sister both support the full deportation and forceful removal of illegals and especially the grubby worthless DACA ones. I recall CNN doing a little comedy sketch where they tried making a bunch of illegals seem like sympathetic people, this one mn got a DUI and was complaining about being deported. It was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed and it just tickled me till the day ended.

Sorry about that tangent but I am witnessing people fleeing from their own ills and running into countries and ruining them. I am not sympathetic towards people who cannot function or degrade my livelihood and Middle Eastern refugees and Mexican illegals are just that plus more in some cases. We just so happen to not have this issue with European because they have no desire to be anywhere else but Europe. Just because I do not want more brown people in my land does not mean I don't want them there because they are brown, I just do not want them there because they are a stain on society.

Ok

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
The Syrian refugee crisis was perhaps the biggest lightening rod for nativism in both Europe and the US. It fueled Brexit, the near disaster of La Pen in France, and the election of Trump in the US, for example.

Nativism is about trying to keep the exact culture and shared resources you currently have, and as if that were a stable concept. Immigration is a perceived threat to the nativist status quo, and there is a natural fear born out of inexperience with foreign cultures.

If religion were never a factor in all of this, it would probably all go a lot easier.

Explain why Trump wanted people from Norway and not people from African, African-Latin/Hispanic countries?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
A lot of American's believe that when things get tough you stand up and fix it yourself. How many american immigrants left during the revolutionary war or the civil war. How many americans left after Katrina or any natural disaster. How many americans died to take a side in any of the World wars. Many feel if the immigrants arent going to make a stand in a country they love, they won't be an asset to America.

Sometimes in certain situations the "pick yourself up by the boot straps" don't always apply.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Lots of Americans tried to leave during the revolutionary war. They just couldn't because British owned the seaways. Lots of people had to move after Katrina and other natural disasters because they didn't have the means to fix things or restart where they were. Didn't mean they didn't love their home or want to defend it. Sometimes there's a lot between 'want to' and 'can.'

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Lots of Americans tried to leave during the revolutionary war. They just couldn't because British owned the seaways. Lots of people had to move after Katrina and other natural disasters because they didn't have the means to fix things or restart where they were. Didn't mean they didn't love their home or want to defend it. Sometimes there's a lot between 'want to' and 'can.'

Lot's of people believe lots of things, the thing you need to do if you want change is to understand the oppositions beliefs otherwise you will never be successful in changing it. My view is the right view therefore you need to change, never works if most cases it intrenches the opposition.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member

When you say the Syrian refugee crisis got the Cheeto elelected, I fear you are so far removed from reality as make me not take you seriously. SERIOUSLY?