• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Imbolc

Baladas

An Págánach
I just wanted to wish you all a happy and blessed Imbolc!
May Brigid bless and inspire you in all of your endeavours.

Liu

Carnival being between this festival and spring equinox, I normally associate Imbolc more with trickster spirits than with fertility spirits (not like Brigid would be limited to that). So, hail Discordia!

How do y'all celebrate Imbolc actually?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
There are a few different themes for my own tradition, and I ground my practices in the rhythms of Gaea where I live first and foremost. I live in a land that has wonderful winters and the generic Pagan interpretation just doesn't work for me. The bitterest cold is usually rolling in around this time of year, and lo and behold, it has done so indeed.

One of the themes of Midwinter is promise - both in terms of making them and recognizing their presence. It's the closest thing I have to a time to make resolutions though I reject the concept of "new year" so it isn't quite the same. The standard ritual is blessing the seeds, which represent promise and can be a vector for resolutions. A point of emphasis, however, is that this is still not quite the time to get started. It's the time to spin up ideas in the Air of Water time, not to start putting energy into building. The land is still frozen in Lady Winter's grip, so it's more appropriate to brainstorm and prepare. That means cleaning and cleansing, or laying the groundwork.

Urgh. I don't know if I'll feel in the mood for housecleaning tomorrow.

GoodbyeDave

I don't celebrate it, but good wishes to all who do. For me, tomorrow is Theogamia: the festival of Zeus and Hera. I shall be hunting for the right sort of flowers for the altar, but cleaning the altar comes on the last day of the lunar month, the festival of Hekate next Tuesday.