• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Images of Thor

Treks

G'day

I'm interested in finding images of Thor for my shrine. As much as I love Chris Hemsworth, I just don't quite think he'd look as good on my shrine ;)

So what do you have? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Treks

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
20140625_101812(2).jpg

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That's a replica of the Eyrarland Statue found in Iceland. It's dated to about 1000 CE.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Take it or leave it this is one of the best. I'll post the photograph if I ever see it again.
image.png

There's a WW2 picture from a parade in Berlin, a journalist took a photograph of a massive giant standing on a roof, it was a coincidence. I forgot to save it! :(

It was cute of the artist, but it could be a coincidence. He didn't reply to any of my emails. :( It's just god damn hilarious.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Take it or leave it this is one of the best. I'll post the photograph if I ever see it again.
image.png

There's a WW2 picture from a parade in Berlin, a journalist took a photograph of a massive giant standing on a roof, it was a coincidence. I forgot to save it! :(

It was cute of the artist, but it could be a coincidence. He didn't reply to any of my emails. :( It's just god damn hilarious.

You do know it's M. Bison right? :D

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
You do know it's M. Bison right? :D

No, I'm saying there's a photo that was taken by a journalist of a giant Man standing on top of a building during a parade in the WW2 era. It was a total coincidence he happened to be there.

I'm saying he looks like this drawing of M.Bison, it's hysterical.

If I ever see it again I will be obliged to post it to the forum because he's the one that lead me to it.

He wasn't killed but apparently seriously injured during the siege of Berlin, he's still alive.

Someone uploaded it to Reddit initially then it was removed shortly afterwards, I've been trying to find it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That's the very one I have on my altar. The runes at the base say "Thor's thunder strike and hallowed hold us with Mjollnir's might". The runes on the hammer, are of course, "Thor".

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
@Thorbjorn So far, one of my favorite images of Thor was that one you used to use for your avatar, of big burly Thor holding a cute little puppy.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, goats. Still cute. ^_^

I'm not aware of these two goats. I'll have to look further.

They are the goats that pull his cart. Their names are Tooth-grinder and Tooth-gnasher in English, with 'tann' being cognate with 'don' and 'den' for tooth.