• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sorry... I'm tired.

blackout

Violet.
I'm so tired lately, I can't even find the zeal to congratulate frubals.

It's not that I don't care anymore.
It's just that I'm to tired to really care about anything enough to make much of an extra effort these days.

I don't feel clever... or interesting, I don't feel fun, I don't feel LIKE fun.

So I find mySelf reading more, and posting less.

I hate bringing a place down...
but it's where I am right now.

So there you go.

You got the mehs huh?

I have nothing for you sorry, but try not to put so much pressure on yourself to be happy, or to be entertaining.

Maybe you could try fixing some small little annoyance that is bugging you, that is what I do when I feel the walls crashing in, fix a plug or throw out all the stuff in my wardrobe I havent worn in a couple of years. It won't make the problems go, but you feel like you are doing something constructive.

I hope you feel better soon :hug:

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member

It's just that I'm to tired to really care about anything enough to make much of an extra effort these days.

It's a serious problem!
It starts like this and GROOOOOOWWWWWWWWW afterwards.

So you need to requestion EVERYTHING...
No time to waste ..it's an urgent issue.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Violet, it sounds like you are depressed, not simply tired. Have you felt like this before? Have you ever been diagnosed with clinical depression?

I don't personally believe that all depression should be treated medically. Some depression is NATURAL - if there are situations in your life that are, well, depressing, then the natural response is...depression.

If I felt that way (and I have in the past) I would take a seriously introspective look at my life and see if I could identify things that were within my power, truly within my power, to change for the better.

Even in bad situations, sometimes it just helps to get up and go help someone else that's worse off than you are.

One year, I knew that I was going to spend my first Thanksgiving totally alone. My children were going to their dad's and my parents were going out of state on a trip I couldn't afford. The very prospect of spending such a family oriented holiday alone depressed me for several weeks.

I had three choices:

1. Spend the day alone
2. Find some friend to horn in on and spend it with their family of strangers
3. Go volunteer at the Salvation Army

I did the latter and the day turned out great. That might work for you in some form.

On the other hand, do you have any other symptoms of some underlying condition that could be causing fatigue?

blackout

Violet.
Could be the lack of sleep caused by night shift with insufficient daily naps?

41 years old and I rarely get more than 5 hours of sleep in one go.
If I'm lucky. (and not every day) some days I get less.

I'm guessing it's that.
(*keeps eye roll to herself*. It's not like you all would know this after all...)

and never getting ahead (at all, or, of anything), no matter how hard I do or don't try... doesn't help.

No. Not depressed. Rather... sick and tired of stuff.
Both literally and figuratively.

Please DO NOT try and diagnose me.
It ****** me off. Nothing personal, but it does.

Last edited:
Could be the lack of sleep caused by night shift with insufficient daily naps?

41 years old and I rarely get more than 5 hours of sleep in one go.
If I'm lucky. (and not every day) some days I get less.

I'm guessing it's that.

and never getting ahead, no matter how hard I do or don't try... doesn't help.

No. Not depressed. Rather... sick and tired of stuff.

Night shifts can make you wiggy, a friend of mine at work did all nights for about 4 months and I came into work one morning to find him sobbing and hoovering, I asked him if he was ok and he said he was fine, still sobbing his heart out.

He was from S.Africa and I think the lack of daylight was giving him a souped up version of Seasonal Affected Disorder symptoms. Maybe some light therepy might help, or the trick they do for jet lag where stare at the sunlight (NOT THE SUN ha ha) for a few minutes to reset your clock.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Sorry to hear it UV!

I know how it can feel to get like that, I feel like it every so often, especially when the season is changing.

If you think it's because of a lack of sleep, then I'd recommend trying to sleep a bit more when possible (simple to say, I know, not so easy to do!), and see if it's that. Hopefully you're just a bit tired, and you'll feel better soon. :hug:

blackout

Violet.
Night shifts can make you wiggy, a friend of mine at work did all nights for about 4 months and I came into work one morning to find him sobbing and hoovering, I asked him if he was ok and he said he was fine, still sobbing his heart out.

He was from S.Africa and I think the lack of daylight was giving him a souped up version of Seasonal Affected Disorder symptoms. Maybe some light therepy might help, or the trick they do for jet lag where stare at the sunlight (NOT THE SUN ha ha) for a few minutes to reset your clock.

I'm just having a hard week I guess.
Nothing much will change, but I'll get over it.

I never even went to bed this morning after work.
I knew I couldn't sleep.
So far I emptied out the entire kitchen cabinets (meal moths *sigh*)
and threw everything out...
and paid the mortgage. (there's something to be happy about).
Last night I could not even sleep at all before work.
I got a call and filled in for someone without a whole lot of warning,
and could not even sleep for the 4 hours I had.
Just tossed and turned.
My body is like ***?! When do you want me to sleep lady?!

I'll go to sleep today when my eyelids suddenly droop and I'm ready to drop dead.

Until then I have lots of fun forms to fill out for various burocratic things that I love,
and movies from the library to watch so the forms don't drive me too nuts.
I despise forms. I could never hold a job that entailed filling out lots of forms.
I'd be clinically insane by the end of the week. :areyoucra

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Hey Vi,

I remember you were going to have performances in local bars, how did that work out?

blackout

Violet.
Hey Vi,

I remember you were going to have performances in local bars, how did that work out?

Actually I'm more of a restaurant/cafe player.
Dinner music and such.

...and no, I still have not managed to get myself paid to be ignored at the back of a restaurant.
My website is almost finished.
I'll go out and try when I have a professional looking site with sufficient music demos
to send potential clients & employers to.
People need to hear you in order to hire you. ya know?

THEN if no one wants me... **** it.

I'll just focus on writing/playing my own music FOR ME.

***Actually the site is looking really good,
but I don't share it here due to my local phone number posted there.
:shrug:

Thanks for asking though Honey.
I know you really do care.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I have friends whom after years of being in the music scene, finally got their breaks with enough time and years and perhaps persistence, to the point of making a living out of music.
so if its not going the best for some time, it's not an indication that this is how things are always, the music scene if very dynamic and unexpected.

blackout

Violet.
I have friends whom after years of being in the music scene, finally got their breaks with enough time and years and perhaps persistence, to the point of making a living out of music.
so if its not going the best for some time, it's not an indication that this is how things are always, the music scene if very dynamic and unexpected.

You are right of course.
About the music world.
You never know.

The gig thing really is about extra money fast,
while I at least get to play and sing and improve as a musician
on a regular paid basis. And as well... a bit of local exposure.
It's nothing of any great MUSICAL import to me.

I do at least have a clear personal direction now as a musician though,
after having ditched my whole life a few years back.
I will have a laptop soon, thanks to good timing & gracious friends,
so if I can manage to get more sleep...

who knows.

Even if I "give up" on the money...
I will NEVER EVER give up music making!
Why would I?! It's about music making after all,
and it took me YEARS UPON YEARS to get where I am!
Why? Because I love the EXPERIENCE of the art of personal musical expression.
I have ALREADY accomplished mySelf as a musician.
I AM an accomplished musician,
even if people who measure sucess via the size of one's bank account,
or fan club,
might beg to disagree.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I agree, I enjoy the music you presented us with. and I know there are people out there who are looking to hear this kind of sound as well.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Please DO NOT try and diagnose me.
It ****** me off. Nothing personal, but it does.

I guess I should have known that would **** you off.

I would think that when someone posts that they are constantly tired and have no energy, that they might expect that someone may offer insight or suggestions. I'm not trying to diagnose you - God forbid.

My comments were just meant as a general discussion of some of the causes of fatigue. Fatigue IS treatable in most cases - but you have to figure out WHY you're fatigued first.

But maybe you don't want to discuss why you're fatigued - and that's OK too. Sorry if I offended you.

blackout

Violet.
Kathryn honey.

My fatigue is almost entirely due to lack of sleep,
totally confused & haphazard sleep 'schedule' (ie. no regular sleep schedule),
and far too much running in place without ever actually getting anywhere.

Not to mention problms with my neck/shoulders and arms
that I cannot afford to even take to a chyropractor.

I am tired, because my life is exhausting me.
I am "run down" because life is always "running me down".
Someone keeps juicing up the treadmill,
and I cannot keep up or simplify beyond what I have already done.
Sleeping ALL DAY on my kids... is what's coming next.
Seriously.
They are going to come home from school 5 days a week,
and I'll be in bed within the hour.

I spoke about my nightshift at length in some of the posts here.
If you want to know more... it's there.

Didn't mean to jump at you.
But it really does amaze me how people tend to think "depression" first.
Is the concept of a completely exhausting life so unheard of?
Am I the ONLY one?!
Well no. My husband sleeps less than me actually.
If I were him, I would be dead by now. literally.
It's a miracle actually that life has not caused depression in him.
Though I cannot say that he is a "happy" man either.
He is a tired man for sure.
Honestly. Given his work hours... who WOULDn't be?

It's a good thing also that I do not stress. I would not have made it this long if I did.

Last edited:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Well, I'll just be a well-wisher, wishing you well then.

Maybe get your husband to massage your neck/back, I've become an expert on my wife's neck every night when she gets home. Keeps her going, literally.
I rarely sleep more than 4 hrs. a night, but then I'm an insomniac. If you can, both of you get into naps. I'm Soooooo into naps. :sleep:

Last edited:

Just_me_Mike

So I find mySelf reading more, and posting less.

I hate bringing a place down...
but it's where I am right now.

So there you go.
I'm sorry.
You are not alone, I have felt that way many times, and do right now, because I feel the walls closing in.
I gave up on my strength along time ago, and now I am like, F it, whatever happens happens. I think I feel that way because I have gotten to a point in my life to where I know I am doing all I can, and if it just isn't good enough, there is nothing else I can do.
I hope God gives you some relief.

blackout

Violet.
Sorry to hear it UV!

I know how it can feel to get like that, I feel like it every so often, especially when the season is changing.

If you think it's because of a lack of sleep, then I'd recommend trying to sleep a bit more when possible (simple to say, I know, not so easy to do!), and see if it's that. Hopefully you're just a bit tired, and you'll feel better soon. :hug:

Well, I'll just be a well-wisher, wishing you well then.

Maybe get your husband to massage your neck/back, I've become an expert on my wife's neck every night when she gets home. Keeps her going, literally.
I rarely sleep more than 4 hrs. a night, but then I'm an insomniac. If you can, both of you get into naps. I'm Soooooo into naps. :sleep:

I'm sorry.
You are not alone, I have felt that way many times, and do right now, because I feel the walls closing in.
I gave up on my strength along time ago, and now I am like, F it, whatever happens happens. I think I feel that way because I have gotten to a point in my life to where I know I am doing all I can, and if it just isn't good enough, there is nothing else I can do.
I hope God gives you some relief.

Thank you all very much for your posts.
I appreciate your understanding.

After almost 40 hours with no sleep,
I finally got a good full nights sleep (last night)
and I feel much better now.

All of my posts seemed to go badly yesterday.
I really only meant this thread to apologize
for not congratulating frubals and b-days and all,
because I usually do,
and lately I just find I can't,
and I didn't want anyone to feel I had purposely left them out.

So it goes...