• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm so frustrated

ronki23

The Arab speaking world has a population greater than America and a GDP similar to that of China yet there are 22 of them. Which begs the question : why is Arabia less populated than India if it's 22 countries and why isn't the GDP higher than USA or even EU?

Let alone unify they refuse to accept the Palestinians- putting them into refugee camps. Why can't they let the Jews have that teeny weeny piece of land for themselves and take onboard their fellow Arab speaking Muslims?

Why do they hate the Jews so much that they refuse to let them have a country roughly the size of London?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The Arab speaking world has a population greater than America and a GDP similar to that of China yet there are 22 of them. Which begs the question : why is Arabia less populated than India if it's 22 countries and why isn't the GDP higher than USA or even EU?

Let alone unify they refuse to accept the Palestinians- putting them into refugee camps. Why can't they let the Jews have that teeny weeny piece of land for themselves and take onboard their fellow Arab speaking Muslims?

Why do they hate the Jews so much that they refuse to let them have a country roughly the size of London?

Just curious if there are religious scripture conflicts with the Arabs, and the Jews?

I have seen a PBS show where some Arabs took big risks to get to know some Jewish people. They just wanted peace! It was very touching!

Hellbound Serpiente

Tribalism, nationalism, racism among other evils has tore the world apart, including the Arab world. That is why there is so much infighting among Muslim nations.

Besides that, you have to realize, ignorance and arrogance is rampant among my brethren. They are always shifting blames for their failures and the easiest target --- Jews. Thanks to old rivalry between the groups and constant vilification of our Jewish brothers and sisters, they never come in peace with them despite of the fact that our Jewish brothers and sisters are right about [nearly] everything. They have the right to their own state and Israel belongs to them, and they should recognize it.

I can go on and go on, but I think this is a concise answer.

Brian2

Veteran Member

It seems to go back a long way. In the Muslim world the Arabs claim their ancestor to be Abraham the father of the Jews. In the Bible, with the blessing of God, Abraham sent his son (Ishmael), the son of his wife's servant, away from home when his wife Sarah bore him a son (Isaac). Ishmael was Abraham's first born son and would have been heir to the land of Israel but God wanted Isaac to have it. Isaac was the son promised to Abraham by God and was the first born from his wife.
There is an old jealousy and rivalry between brothers which is still at play in today's world and in Islam. Islam says that the Jews corrupted the scriptures in the Old Testament. Anyway that is about all I know. If you want to read the story of Abraham, and with it the story of his family and what happened it is in Genesis chapter 12 to Genesis 25:18.
It beats me why the Arabs can't give land to the Palestinians. Of course Islam is divided into what has turned into rival sects and no doubt that has something to do with it.
Interestingly the prophecy given about Ishmael at Genesis 16:11,12 may shed light on why the Arabs don't forget their differences and unite. But it is extrapolating attitudes in Ishmael into the future and into the Arabs as a whole.
In my view the human and political rivalry has translated into a religious and spiritual rivalry, which actually is what spurs on the conflict.
From a Biblical pov it could be seen as part of Satan's attempt, in his anger, to kill the Jews. If you want to read about Satan's desire to destroy Jews and Christians you can see it in Revelation 12. It is couched in symbolic language and can be hard to understand.
Anyway imo that seems to be a spiritual background to the whole mess. It's amazing that this is still playing out about 4000 years after Abraham lived.

ronki23

Why did the Arabs fight on the side of the Allied Powers if they didn't agree with the Sykes-Picot Agreement ?

Tambourine

Why did the Arabs fight on the side of the Allied Powers if they didn't agree with the Sykes-Picot Agreement ?
As far as I understand the situation, the Allies were ready to promise the Moon to literally anybody who would join them in their fight against the Central Powers. An independent Arabia wasn't by far the only point where they reneged on previous agreements.

Hellbound Serpiente

As far as I understand the situation, the Allies were ready to promise the Moon to literally anybody who would join them in their fight against the Central Powers. An independent Arabia wasn't by far the only point where they reneged on previous agreements.

They also promised Jews that they would give them their own territory if they join them in their fight, thus Jewish resistance was born.

MNoBody

it is really a mystery to the rest of the world who hopes you guys sort it out amicably......please, any time would be great to begin.