• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sick of this forum.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The forum itself has a nice layout, and format. Thus the popularity of it from just about anybody and any walk of life.

Perhaps they should do a Philosophy site with the same friendly, intuitive format.

The reaction buttons only affirm the positive.

Maybe they should call this RBF. Religious Bashers Forum.

I think everybody spiteful loves to debate.

Set em up and serve em site this is.

Personally im tired of science is the only means of evidence comments. Philosophy and framework of philosophical argumentation is deeply ingrained in science and scientific arguments.

Quite frankly science cant do without philosophy.

I personally would love to hear religious philosophy evidence arguments. And without the spiteful gruel reactions.

osgart

There you are on a debate forum. Spite you are! I have to assume.
Well i was hoping that there would be fair rules of debate.

I didnt say everybody debating in the forums is spiteful, only that thats where spiters like to attack.

If i were religious i probably would tread lightly there.

I want to learn about religion, not flip them off.

Disagreeing is fine.

I may have got frustrated by all the sciencey attacks a few times.

I believe the art of response in the forums is to be studious, and non confrontational.

Stating a negative criticism is different then attacking a persons thoughts or comments.

One simple rule i think is key: focus on being enlightened, or to enlighten. If someone wants to enlighten us on their erroneous ways, people should be mature enough not to feel resentment because of a lousy comment, or a comment they find error or fault with.

I do think everybody is capable of making faulty comments once in awhile.

osgart

Another thing i cant stand is the use of esoteric information as if its common knowledge. Some people bomb the forums with endless information instead of making key points. Its almost as if they purposefully try to talk well beyond someone who is in a position of not knowing what the other is talking about.

GoodbyeDave

There are very few people here you can have a sensible discussion with. There are so many fundamentalists: monotheists who can do nothing but quote scripture and atheists who can't tell science from scientism. I decided to put all the fools on ignore the other day, but I disovered you can't ignore staff members...

Deidre

I hope you choose to come back, SF. I think that every forum has these issues, because we are all human. I try to understand where people are coming from, but I find myself gravitating more towards positive people, and not the bigotry that I sometimes see. It's good to defend against bigotry, but if you find that it's hurting your own spiritual walk, then just move past them, and focus on the good. Sometimes, a break helps, but know when you come back, those same people/opinions will still be here, so finding ways to just move past those people, will help you enjoy your time here. Sorry, it's been tough, lately.