• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sick of this forum.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
There is too much hatred and bigotry on this site. Racism, homophobia, transphobia, bashing Muslims, bashing Jews, etc. It's way out of hand here. In one thread, you have a poster accusing transgender people of being mentally ill sexual predators and in another, you have a poster going on an anti-black racist rant (with a "like" from a staff member, no less!). And that's only what I've seen tonight. It's getting to the point where I do not feel this is a welcoming or respectful message board. I have more productive and respectful discussions on Facebook. At least there I do not have to pretend to be nice to people who obviously see me as subhuman.

This site needs to change and do better. I really don't want to leave this site as I have friends here and good memories, but I often find myself angry, hurt and sad reading posts on this site. I really wonder why I bother when this place can be so toxic. I just wanted to air my concerns. It's something that's been on my mind for awhile.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes this forum, as many others also do, reflects the spiritual health of the world.

I wish you well and much happiness in your search for peace of mind.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is there a reason you use the word "spiritual" when you seem to mean "psychological"?

No I meant Spiritual. The majority of the world has rejected Baha'u'llah or remained ignorant of the Message given by God through Baha'u'llah. Those that have seen God in this Message have struggled to implement the required change.

Thus we have a spiritually sick world that is the cause of all the destructive symptoms, that continue to divide the Human Race and are hurling us into a catastrophic time that can not now be prevented.

The Biblical Prophecy of 1/3 to 2/3 of the worlds population not making it through this time is still a valid prophecy.

Regards Tony

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
There is too much hatred and bigotry on this site. Racism, homophobia, transphobia, bashing Muslims, bashing Jews, etc. It's way out of hand here. In one thread, you have a poster accusing transgender people of being mentally ill sexual predators and in another, you have a poster going on an anti-black racist rant (with a "like" from a staff member, no less!). And that's only what I've seen tonight. It's getting to the point where I do not feel this is a welcoming or respectful message board. I have more productive and respectful discussions on Facebook. At least there I do not have to pretend to be nice to people who obviously see me as subhuman.

This site needs to change and do better. I really don't want to leave this site as I have friends here and good memories, but I often find myself angry, hurt and sad reading posts on this site. I really wonder why I bother when this place can be so toxic. I just wanted to air my concerns. It's something that's been on my mind for awhile.

LI,

Wherever you go in today's world, you would find people full of hatred, bigotry, anger... a very few may be neutral and it is still rarer to come across someone who appreciates diversity and is full of humanity.

But I have one suggestion. If you are one of the rare groups mentioned above, you can increase your own tolerance threshold for people with hatred, and try to spread the light of wisdom - in the form of facts, root cause analysis, etc. Normally you would not want to talk to anyone hate-filled but you can try such tactics in the forum because it might help other readers with confusion.

Sakeenah

As a Muslim woman of colour I can relate to this. But I think it's important to not let the toxic posts and people get to you, try to be a positive example of the change you want to see. It's possible that your presence and positivity changes how someone views a certain group. I would advice you to take a break from RF if it's effecting your health.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

This Internet, it's too much for you. :D

Honestly, not saying that to troll just you're going to run into all types and if that doesn't bounce off you a bit you're going to be upset. That's not a problem with this message board it's just reality - all folks all different strokes...

I guess it's best to just ask... What prompted you to feel this way?

Tumah

Veteran Member
No I meant Spiritual. The majority of the world has rejected Baha'u'llah or remained ignorant of the Message given by God through Baha'u'llah. Those that have seen God in this Message have struggled to implement the required change.

Thus we have a spiritually sick world that is the cause of all the destructive symptoms, that continue to divide the Human Race and are hurling us into a catastrophic time that can not now be prevented.

The Biblical Prophecy of 1/3 to 2/3 of the worlds population not making it through this time is still a valid prophecy.

Regards Tony
I see. So the spiritual malady in your view is not having become Baha'i and the outcome is this.

Stanyon

WWMRD?

If you see something bad on the Internet look for the helpers, there is always someone helping.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see. So the spiritual malady in your view is not having become Baha'i and the outcome is this.

The Spiritual sickness is rejecting our One God and His Messenger with their Laws in every age God has sent His Messengers.

Acceptance of of them has brought prosperity and Unity throughout time. As we move away from their guidance darkness results.

In this age it is Baha'u'llah and that is Gods will. It has nothing to do with me or my view.

Accepting Baha'u'llah is inclusive of all Gods Messengers.

Regards Tony

Tumah

Veteran Member
The Spiritual sickness is rejecting our One God and His Messenger with their Laws in every age God has sent His Messengers.

Acceptance of of them has brought prosperity and Unity throughout time. As we move away from their guidance darkness results.

In this age it is Baha'u'llah and that is Gods will. It has nothing to do with me or my view.

Accepting Baha'u'llah is inclusive of all Gods Messengers.

Regards Tony
It certainly is your view. You aren't stating objective facts, but the perspective of Baha'i, as a Baha'i.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
There is too much hatred and bigotry on this site. Racism, homophobia, transphobia, bashing Muslims, bashing Jews, etc. It's way out of hand here.

Personally I would like you to stay, because I learn a lot from your replies [just this morning I thought, oh my God, he replies in 3min; unbelievable so quick and helpful reply]. Of course if it doesn't feel good for you, it's better to go.

Normally I don't like to debate [just googled today how to debate]. Today I started this Muslim post and I thought let's try to debate a little. I hope that was not the cause you decided to go. Better tell me my mistakes. Normally I learn quick. And don't like to repeat mistakes.

If you do go, then I wish you all the best. You have been very inspirational to me in many ways [esp. you don't beat around the bush]

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It certainly is your view. You aren't stating objective facts, but the perspective of Baha'i, as a Baha'i.

I can give you a quote from Baha'u'llah instead of putting it in my words. What I share is not from thoughts I own.

My view has no weight.

I will leave it there and wish you well.

Regards Tony

Tumah

Veteran Member
I can give you a quote from Baha'u'llah instead of putting it in my words. What I share is not from thoughts I own.

My view has no weight.

I will leave it there and wish you well.

Regards Tony
Your view has some weight. If your view disagreed with Baha'u'llah's view, chances are you wouldn't be citing him here.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member

Must be a form of self flagellation to remain where you are not happy.

james blunt

You are allowing your subjectivity in your mind control your emotions. Words can never be offensive no matter what the words. Words are only offensive to the person subjectively finding them offensive.
Words that you were taught to find offensive rather than the words being offensive.

In example the swear word F off

This word is the ambiguous use of go-away and in noway offensive , you were learnt to find it offensive when it is not. The same as racism words etc, all subjective and the only reason you are offended is because you were taught to be offended.
Simply undo the belief the world has programmed you with and then it will not offend you , which is really an illusion.