• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm seriously considering converting to Islam

arthra

Baha'i
I've never been a particularly "religious" person in my entire life, if ever.

I have spent most of my life as a staunch atheist, agnostic or "new age type," while also being vehemently anti-Christian at certain point in my life. I always obtained spiritual experiences from psychedelic drug experiences in addition to what could only be described as some kind of psychotic symptoms.

I met someone today. A girl. We talked and talked and couldn't stop talking. We were drawn to each other in the same psyche ward we were in; I was let go after 24 hours and while she was forced to remain. I can't remember the last time I felt such an emotional bond with someone.

She was a Muslim of some sort. We discussed metaphysical experiences that we had gone through and the struggles we had experienced in our young lives.

I've never in my life felt so convinced that further researching a religious conviction in the context of me potentially adopting that faith in some way was the right course of action for me. Up until today, the idea of religious faith had always seemed like utter bull****.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Nothing like this has ever felt so real before.

There's nothing wrong with exploring religion and I have studied Islam and about a year ago I taught a class on the Qur'an... Learned some Arabic and love calligraphy. Being Baha'i of course our origins are Islamic. The more I study Islam particularly the Shiah variety the more I can understand my Faith.