• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm saved

King Phenomenon

God has given me the greatest gift of his son. What a great gift it is. With God's Son I attain salvation and eternal life. I mean how much more awesome can it get than that for me? I'm blessed to believe this and I'm grateful The Holy Spirit is working within me.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
God has given me the greatest gift of his son. What a great gift it is. With God's Son I attain salvation and eternal life. I mean how much more awesome can it get than that for me? I'm blessed to believe this and I'm grateful The Holy Spirit is working within me. Do you believe in a savior?
yeah

but allow me to clarify.....

Jesus saved by means of His teachings
the parables

without His word in mind and heart
you are not a reflection of heaven

How then to fit in?

yeah I know
I do not intend discouragement
just clarity

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
God has given me the greatest gift of his son. What a great gift it is. With God's Son I attain salvation and eternal life. I mean how much more awesome can it get than that for me? I'm blessed to believe this and I'm grateful The Holy Spirit is working within me.

can you be saved from yourself as god's son?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Good to hear, and that is indeed something to be grateful for. My Master promises the same, so I understand what you mean.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Really?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
You asked: "With God's Son I attain salvation and eternal life. I mean how much more awesome can it get than that for me?"
Answer: IMO, Living in the moment, making each moment last forever. That is much much much more awesome. "Now" is much much much more important than eternal life later.

You said: "I'm blessed to believe this and I'm grateful The Holy Spirit is working within me."
My advice: "Blessings can become curses in the blink of an eye. Be careful. What is healthy and holy now, can easily become something unhealthy and unholy later."

Disclaimer: As always YMMV, I'm Jewish, you sound like a Christian, so my advice may be worthless to you. Feel free to ignore me.

cataway

its true there are many that will never see death. but to be saved FROM death is a different thing. the dead all await a resurrection, to be saved from deaths grasp. but to say you will not die ?humm. there a thousand ways to die

Last edited:

King Phenomenon

@Power Stone , this is the dividing line between healthy and unhealthy, holy vs. unholy. Be very very careful here. OK?

No one, nothing can save you from death, imo.

There's an old saying: Two things you can always count on: Death and Taxes.
Of course I will die but I also have eternal life. Death is a comma.

King Phenomenon

You asked: "With God's Son I attain salvation and eternal life. I mean how much more awesome can it get than that for me?"
Answer: IMO, Living in the moment, making each moment last forever. That is much much much more awesome. "Now" is much much much more important than eternal life later.

You said: "I'm blessed to believe this and I'm grateful The Holy Spirit is working within me."
My advice: "Blessings can become curses in the blink of an eye. Be careful. What is healthy and holy now, can easily become something unhealthy and unholy later."

Disclaimer: As always YMMV, I'm Jewish, you sound like a Christian, so my advice may be worthless to you. Feel free to ignore me.
Yes living in the now is also awesome. Well if it becomes unhealthy and unholy then in the trash it goes.