• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm prepared to shelter in place

Are you prepared to shelter in place for a few weeks?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Illinois state governor J.B. Pritzker has ordered us Illinois state residents to stay at home until April 7th. I' have a month's supply of non-perishable food, bottled water, beer, alcohol, toiletries, marijuana, a generator, weapons and ammunition. Would you be prepared to stay in shelter for a few weeks?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Illinois state governor J.B. Pritzker has ordered us Illinois state residents to stay at home until April 7th. I' have a month's supply of non-perishable food, bottled water, beer, alcohol, toiletries, marijuana, a generator, weapons and ammunition. Would you be prepared to stay in shelter for a few weeks?

So far I read about the coronavirus, I don't see immediate danger (not an Ebola type of thing) to run to shelter. I live in a senior and disability residential home. I'm one of the handful young people here compared. We have nurses coming in and out. I could stay sheltered in my home but from so far I know it's not air born (too heavy to be so) and I have a habit of not letting people cough in my face even before the incident.

I think there should be some balance. It's alright to be panicky. At the same time, keep it in perspective in regards to your environment, condition, resources, and the like.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm already "sheltering in place" in the SF Bay Area and have been doing it for some days.

If this lasts for a couple more weeks or a month, the disruption will be manageable.

If this drags on into the summer, the disruptions will just grow in magnitude as other people I know who have chronic illnesses needing treatment or physical therapy face a harder environment.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Our Prime Minister don't want Full Lock Down, but I decided to do it anyway. Now is a good time to take my sabattical.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

Given that you claim to have a month's supply of marijuana, do you really think you have a month's supply of food?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Pretty much so, but one problem is that my wife was "grounded" for roughly five weeks because the flu hit her so hard, thus she has a bad case of four-wall-itis.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I dislike shopping, so tend to buy basic stuff in large quantities anyways.
I keep the freezer full. We've still got at least three weeks worth of TP and isopropyl alcohol. It comes from living out in the country.

But I didn't stock up sufficiently on the medicinal alcohol. That might become a crisis if Doug gets laid off from work.
Tom

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Reopening Indiana
Cliff Notes Version

May 4th
  • Travel restriction lifted
  • Social gatherings limited to 25
  • Government Offices opening
  • Manufacturing companies can reopen
  • Commercial and retail businesses can open at 50-percent capacity
  • Shopping malls can open at 50-percent capacity