• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm open to interview

exchemist

Veteran Member
there of plenty of other thing I could question and reason the same way that would encourage my child to do. if you assume my questions (which are good questions when deciding any big decision in life) are to put them off or deter them from going then what about your position doesn't question the fact that it might not be a good idea to do especially based on debt the University helps you inherit versus the pay according to the career degree that you get for the probability of getting the job that you went to the university for? if it's a good choice those questions should encourage my child to go correct?
Most people would have been to answer my question in about 10 words.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
..... between man and ape? Isn’t a bit less hair, a bit bigger brain and a more upright posture just a few minor adaptations difference?

Is that all you see?!

What about having a conscience, as in showing regret? What about mercy for strangers, and hospitality? Capacity for abstract thinking? Grief, just writing our posts!

You just can’t attribute these things to a “bit bigger brain”; then whales would be the smartest.

LiveByFaithNotSight

The Art Of Conversing
Most people would have been to answer my question in about 10 words.
most ppl aren't Wise they just do what everyone else is doing which out doing there due diligence. religious belief aside College is a Scam for most ppl going. this man is not religious at all but listen to his break down on college he a super successful entrepreneur

excuse his language btw

exchemist

Veteran Member
most ppl aren't Wise they just do what everyone else is doing which out doing there due diligence. religious belief aside College is a Scam for most ppl going. this man is not religious at all but listen to his break down on college he a super successful entrepreneur

excuse his language btw
I don't watch videos as a rule, and I'm not much interested in what a super successful entrepreneur with bad language has to say about higher education, so I'll pass, thanks.

I'd be a lot more interested in what you might have to say on the other thread, about "blind faith" and science.

LiveByFaithNotSight

The Art Of Conversing
I don't watch videos as a rule, and I'm not much interested in what a super successful entrepreneur with bad language has to say about higher education, so I'll pass, thanks.
I'm just saying he makes good points. alot of ppl who are successful in there career agree with him. I do believe the university is good for certain career sick as Doctor and lawyers but for the most part it's a unwise life move for most ppl taking my spirituality reasoning aside.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm just saying he makes good points. alot of ppl who are successful in there career agree with him. I do believe the university is good for certain career sick as Doctor and lawyers but for the most part it's a unwise life move for most ppl taking my spirituality reasoning aside.
I think you are profoundly missing the point of university education. But never mind. Let's just say you have ticked the box for a typical JW.

LiveByFaithNotSight

The Art Of Conversing
I think you are profoundly missing the point of university education. But never mind. Let's just say you have ticked the box for a typical JW.
why be dogmatic about it help me to see your side. reason with me why its a wise decision? I enjoy hearing both sides of the coin

danieldemol

Premium Member
Is that all you see?!

What about having a conscience, as in showing regret? What about mercy for strangers, and hospitality? Capacity for abstract thinking? Grief, just writing our posts!

You just can’t attribute these things to a “bit bigger brain”; then whales would be the smartest.
I’m not saying man in totality is what he is physically, rather what I am saying is that physically man is only a few minor adaptations different from apes

Milton Platt

no lol I would raise my child to reason and use logic and Evolution takes alot of blind faith because there no observable evidence Evolutio. the change of kinds for example monkeys evolved to Man. but there plenty examples of creator and Creation. both natural and physical. but if at the end of the day if my child wishes to believe in Evolution that would be his decision and I can't force him to use his free Will the way I want. id love him none the less. Would make for interesting conversations at dinner thou lol

List the observable evidence for your god.