• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm On to You Extreme Centerists!!

idav

Being
Premium Member
I see what Centerists are doing!! Just letting the extreme left and the extreme right argue away until they defeat each other and you extremists, staying centered, just walk right up and claim victory. Just wait Centerists, your fake news is around the corner just watch.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I see what Centerists are doing!! Just letting the extreme left and the extreme right argue away until they defeat each other and you extremists, staying centered, just walk right up and claim victory. Just wait Centerists, your fake news is around the corner just watch.

I've always hoped for a centrist party. Of course then the Libertarians and Statists would need to hash it out.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Back in the dark ages, 2005, the following was published as a joke. Maybe its time has come

A message from the Unitarian Jihad
Greetings to the Imprisoned Citizens of the United States! Too long has your attention been waylaid by the bright baubles of extremist thought. Too long have fundamentalist yahoos of all religions (except Buddhism -- 14-5 vote, no abstentions, fundamentalism subcommittee) made your head hurt. Too long have you been buffeted by angry people who think that God talks to them. You have a right to your moderation! You have the power to be calm! We will use the IED of truth to explode the SUV of dogmatic expression!
Beware! Unless you people shut up and begin acting like grown-ups with brains enough to understand the difference between political belief and personal faith, the Unitarian Jihad will begin a series of terrorist-like actions. We will take over television studios, kidnap so-called commentators and broadcast calm, well-reasoned discussions of the issues of the day. We will not try for "balance" by hiring fruitcakes; we will try for balance by hiring non-ideologues who have carefully thought through the issues.
We are Unitarian Jihad, and our motto is: "Sincerity is not enough." We have heard from enough sincere people to last a lifetime already. Just because you believe it's true doesn't make it true. Just because your motives are pure doesn't mean you are not doing harm. Get a dog, or comfort someone in a nursing home, or just feed the birds in the park. Play basketball. Lighten up. The world is not out to get you, except in the sense that the world is out to get everyone.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Back in the dark ages, 2005, the following was published as a joke. Maybe its time has come

Greetings to the Imprisoned Citizens of the United States! Too long has your attention been waylaid by the bright baubles of extremist thought. Too long have fundamentalist yahoos of all religions (except Buddhism -- 14-5 vote, no abstentions, fundamentalism subcommittee) made your head hurt. Too long have you been buffeted by angry people who think that God talks to them. You have a right to your moderation! You have the power to be calm! We will use the IED of truth to explode the SUV of dogmatic expression!
Beware! Unless you people shut up and begin acting like grown-ups with brains enough to understand the difference between political belief and personal faith, the Unitarian Jihad will begin a series of terrorist-like actions. We will take over television studios, kidnap so-called commentators and broadcast calm, well-reasoned discussions of the issues of the day. We will not try for "balance" by hiring fruitcakes; we will try for balance by hiring non-ideologues who have carefully thought through the issues.
We are Unitarian Jihad, and our motto is: "Sincerity is not enough." We have heard from enough sincere people to last a lifetime already. Just because you believe it's true doesn't make it true. Just because your motives are pure doesn't mean you are not doing harm. Get a dog, or comfort someone in a nursing home, or just feed the birds in the park. Play basketball. Lighten up. The world is not out to get you, except in the sense that the world is out to get everyone.
Now they threaten with well reasoned discussion! Do they have no morals!!!

David1967

Premium Member

BWAHAHAHAHA.........You got me.:D

LillyChaos

My main gripe with so-called "centrists" is that they don't appear to stand for anything.

They might as well just be apathetic.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Aye, that is a constant accusation that I'm seeing. That and if we're willing to count both sides as horrible in their own rights, we're no better than Nazi sympathizers. I say "we're" because I've received no shortage of accusation of such and threat of retribution from these "righteous" antifa. Which all but proves my impression of them, I think.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Aye, that is a constant accusation that I'm seeing. That and if we're willing to count both sides as horrible in their own rights, we're no better than Nazi sympathizers. I say "we're" because I've received no shortage of accusation of such and threat of retribution from these "righteous" antifa. Which all but proves my impression of them, I think.
It will only be fair once some solid centrist fake news gets rolling, until then centrists seem to be fairly clear of the the current political blast radius. We can't even compare them to Hitler for heavens sakes!

idav

Being
Premium Member
Not true (at least personally speaking). I simply stay away from the extreme of either right or left. The term I prefer is 'Moderate'.
Or someone could, I don't know who, coin the term "moderation extremist", ha, and they claim no extremes!!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
My main gripe with so-called "centrists" is that they don't appear to stand for anything.

They might as well just be apathetic.

I'm a little reluctant to answer, given that this is the Jokes forum, but I'd consider myself a centrist. It doesn't mean I don't stand for anything, but more that I don't consider either side 'my side', and try to tackle issues on their merits.
I'd tend towards social liberalism and economic conservatism, which can make for interesting bed partners.

Since this is the Jokes forum, I'll finish with a joke.
Q : Why did the centrist cross the road?

A : He didn't. That would require ending up on a side, so he just stood in the middle and hoped the 9:15 bus was late.

David1967

Premium Member
I'm a little reluctant to answer, given that this is the Jokes forum, but I'd consider myself a centrist. It doesn't mean I don't stand for anything, but more that I don't consider either side 'my side', and try to tackle issues on their merits.
I'd tend towards social liberalism and economic conservatism, which can make for interesting bed partners.

Since this is the Jokes forum, I'll finish with a joke.
Q : Why did the centrist cross the road?

A : He didn't. That would require ending up on a side, so he just stood in the middle and hoped the 9:15 bus was late.

Careful. I was hit by that bus once.