1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm officially....

Discussion in 'Member Announcements' started by Bishka, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Bishka

Bishka New Member

....a college dropout.

They finally kicked me out. :p

Not cause of bad grades, just too many credits and no major. That's okay, I'm going back in about two years after me and the hubby get back from China.

:D

2. Buttons*

Buttons* Glass half Panda'd

Enjoy your new-found freedom....

*looks at enormous pile of homework*

3. Bishka

Bishka New Member

You want some help? I actually miss homework, how weird is that? :eek:

4. MaddLlama

MaddLlama Obstructor of justice

They kicked you out for having too many credits? Couldn't you just have just declared liberal arts or something?

5. Bishka

Bishka New Member

Not at this school, they are very strict on the credit cap. I'm kind of glad actually, me and my husband were getting sick of the school. Gives us time to re-evaluate what we really want too anyway.

6. Gentoo

Gentoo The Feisty Penguin

And maybe once you decide, you can transfer those credits over :)

7. Bishka

Bishka New Member

That's what we are thinking.

I was at first an elementary education major, then preschool, now, when I go back, I'd like to do a child development degree with a minor in english.

Gentoo likes this.
  8. ayani

ayani member

good luck Becks! so what are you guys going to do now? thinking of still working with kids?

9. Gentoo

Gentoo The Feisty Penguin

You'll do great in whatever field you choose :)

Bishka likes this.
  10. Bishka

Bishka New Member

We are going to work, yeah, I'm going to go back to working with children, in fact, we are going to live in China for a year and teach children English.

ayani likes this.
  11. ayani

ayani member

that's great! you guys rock.... when are you planning on going over?

12. Bishka

Bishka New Member

About a year from now.

13. Comet

Comet Harvey Wallbanger

School or China :shrug:

I'd go with China myself. My sister used to teach English to forgein families who came to America to work. She loved it, I'm sure you'll love doing so in China as well. School will be there when you get back; maybe by then you'll know what you want to major in. If your school doesn't like it, there are a million colleges/universities that will gladly take your credits and MONEY!

14. zombieharlot

zombieharlot Some Kind of Strange

Do you know Chinese? I think it might be hard to teach English in China if you don't.

15. Bishka

Bishka New Member

No, but we are learning. The program (and any other that I've checked out) are full immersion classes where you only speak English to the students. We plan on traveling a bit while over there, so we want to learn Chinese.

16. Scuba Pete

Scuba Pete Victim of Intolerance

Wow... Congrats, I think. BTW, I started college again this past quarter. CIS is my major. :D

17. Bishka

Bishka New Member

Awesome! :)

18. jonny

jonny New Member

I got the "get out or graduate" letter from BYU-Idaho also. Luckily, I was almost done so they let me stick around and finish my degree. Seven semesters on an Associate Degree was a little too much. :)

They are really concerned with getting as many students through the school as possible. I understand the reasoning, but I know it can be frustrating sometimes.

19. ayani

ayani member

also, they have awesome food over there. :)

20. SoyLeche

SoyLeche meh...

The school is way too small to accommodate the number of students they have, and the town is way too small to accommodate a bigger school. Rexburg is going to be having a major growth spurt soon (actually, it's already started, but it's gonna get a lot worse).

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted