• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm not dead yet

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I just wanted to check in and let everyone know I'm not dead yet.

I did relapse. I realized God is not going to give me the grace to stay sober if I keep blaspheming and mocking him.

Also, ill heed the advice of a wise man named @Quagmire who spaketh thus: "don't post anything you would not want your grandma to read, because someones grandmother will read it."

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

I did relapse. I realized God is not going to give me the grace to stay sober if I keep blaspheming and mocking him.

Also, ill heed the advice of a wise man named @Quagmire who spaketh thus: "don't post anything you would not want your grandma to read, because someones grandmother will read it."
973d79d256ea79de5ceab268a19eb9fd.jpg

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Missed ya, @PopeADope

*ponders briefly*

Yep, I actually did. Go figure! Now, look after yourself, and jump back on the sober horse, assuming that's where your best health lies.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Aww, and there goes my title of RF's weirdest member!:mad:
Welcome back, Pope.:)

To be honest, that would be a HOTLY contested category here.
Whereas I'd be a lock for most sane member. I'm not even sure anyone else qualifies.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I did relapse. I realized God is not going to give me the grace to stay sober if I keep blaspheming and mocking him
Sai Baba told me "you are an alcoholic". I don't like alcohol, so it's easy not to drink for me. But if Sai Baba tells me I'm alcoholic, there must be some truth in it, I figured (I take His advice serious). So I bought an electronic alcohol tester and lo and behold when I blew in it, it showed I was alcoholic. Took me not too long to figure out it might have to do with eating more than I can digest (addicted to over eating, so Him calling me alcoholic was quite true). So I reduced the amount I ate and when I blew 2 days later I was sober.

Then ca. 2 days later I was driving on the road and was stopped by police to check if I had been drinking (first time in my life). I told him the above story and said my tester said I was okay now, but was not too sure if that cheap tester was accurate. The police man even confirmed that this does indeed happen with some people. Luckily the alcohol tester of the police showed the same as mine.

If Sai Baba had not told me in the dream, I might have been in trouble that day. And I learned some good lessons.

So brother you are not the only one addicted to something. People point the finger to alcoholics easily, but forget 3 fingers point back. I don't see many people without any addiction. In my experience addiction is something emotional, and when you stop one addiction it will pop up somewhere else, and that will go on until "you fully love yourself". Because if you love yourself you will not harm yourself by "being addicted".

Suggestion: Shift your alcohol addiction to "mocking God" addiction. God can handle you mocking Him, and thereby rendering your new addiction quite harmless;)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Hello Pope! :
Glad you are still going to be around.
I read your threads a lot more these days......... it's you're pure honesty that I like to read...... sweet...... straight up.

I've got a mate who likes to drink, and drink........ so he's supposed to be 'on the wagon' for ever. But just now and then I go round to see him, and find the bottles laying around........ he drinks cheap sherry, lots of sherry. And there he is, leaning against something like he's on a ship in a storm, and all he says is:- 'Again! Again!' and I go and get the coffee going....... :shrug:

Don't you leave! And don't get banned! :)