• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Im not Computer Savvy

Thief

Rogue Theologian
so as the screen goes up.....slowly
I get so small windows that pop up and disappear too fast to read the script
the background is black
the print is white
and that's all I know

what's up with the flash windows?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I get those sometimes when I turn on my Windows 10 computer. What I know is they are scripts that the computer is running. They're either powershell scripts or they are cmd scripts. Cmd scripts are the older style that runs on all windows systems going back to vista. The newer powershell scripts only run on more recent Windows versions. If its black with white text its likely cmd scripts -- probably some kind of system maintenance uploaded from Microsoft, but of course nobody knows.

Shad

Veteran Member
the background is black
the print is white
and that's all I know

Does the system still boot and can you log into your OS?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
digressing to the right.....about that log on....

what is the difference logging on a user
compared to logging on as administrator?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
An administrator has pretty much God rights to your PC. A standard users rights are limited.

sealchan

That shouldn't be a regular thing I would think. Maybe something is running each time you boot up and failing and so having to run again. Most such "scripts" can and should be configured to run "silently" and not produce a visible window.

It never hurts to take a careful walk through you installed apps and uninstall anything you don't want or need. Or have a local computer geek help you with that as there are invariably a lot of apps and you might not know which ones you want and which you don't.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
any chance the ongoing up loads of advertisements could have more than pretty pictures?
of woman's lingerie

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and let's not over look a dose of paranoia ......

I have seen some documentaries about 'catch' words that red flag your activities online

could the slow action be caused by a shadow observation?

boowahahahahaha

suncowiam

the background is black
the print is white
and that's all I know

It's the command line. You have some apps running some sort of command line scripting:

Type "cmd" in your windows "run" menu or search menu.

It opens up the window, performs some action, then closes itself. Most of the time, it can do it really fast so you won't know what it's doing.

It could be valid. Most viruses I would have to assume will not do this because it's very visible to the user.

suncowiam

I get those sometimes when I turn on my Windows 10 computer. What I know is they are scripts that the computer is running. They're either powershell scripts or they are cmd scripts. Cmd scripts are the older style that runs on all windows systems going back to vista. The newer powershell scripts only run on more recent Windows versions. If its black with white text its likely cmd scripts -- probably some kind of system maintenance uploaded from Microsoft, but of course nobody knows.

What he said. =)

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
the background is black
the print is white
and that's all I know

Dunno. I am a Mac girl.

I suggest to pray. Should work.

Ciao

- viole

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Never had any problem whatsoever. Even without help from the Almighty. And I use Superduper, just in case.

Ciao

- viole
For the price of Superduper I can get a book on how to fix my computer.