• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Not a Tolerant Person

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Eh, he gave enough for me to judge him, based on what he wrote and his replies.
I don't know what political agendas he advances,
or his personal conduct towards others.
If his hate isn't expressed in wrongful ways,
then I can tolerate it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I'm very tolerant of magical thinking...as long as it
doesn't result in oppression, theft, assault, etc.
So what if the OP believes in sky fairies & miracles.
If he minds his own business, that's OK.

Im not.

Edward Gordon

Veridican
The fact that my existing and the existence of my religion brings you so much rage is funny to me. Ooga booga!

Rage? I don't feel any rage. But you're never going to get me to say "Ashoka has his truth, and others have their truth."

You may hate me for this, but your personal christianity religion is based on hate and fear....you ain't gonna get me converted
The Christianity Jesus taught wasnt hate...but based on love

I don't convert you! God converts you. If He doesn't open your eyes; I'm certainly never going to be able to.

And people ask me why I dislike Christianity.

Like it or not, the consequences are still the same.

kjw47

I'm very tolerant of magical thinking...as long as it
doesn't result in oppression, theft, assault, etc.
So what if the OP believes in sky fairies & miracles.
If he minds his own business, that's OK.

Would be best if one who doesnt believe in God isnt in sights like this. Because their 2 1/2 cents( inflation) isnt worth anything to a believer. You should take your own advice in your last sentence.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Rage? I don't feel any rage. But you're never going to get me to say "Ashoka has his truth, and others have their truth."

I'm a girl.

Consequences? We as a planet are still reeling from the consequences of Christian men who spread their hatred, patriarchial influence, and bloodbath, wiping out cultures and religions in the name of a God who is just as bloodthirsty and just as hateful.

There are good Christians. But I don't believe Christianity is good. By its nature, it is a colonizer religion that seeks to dominate and conquer. It demonizes people who are different. I refuse to be tolerant of a faith like that.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

I don't convert you! God converts you. If He doesn't open your eyes; I'm certainly never going to be able to.

Allah has already open my eyes to esoteric sufism. But that doesn't mean sufism is the path for everyone. To accept that other people will gain their awakening from other teachings is not so difficult.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
If I'm ever asked why I'm an atheist I'm going to show them this OP.

If I'm ever asked the reasons why I walked away from the Christian faith after thirty-one years, I'll show them the OP, and explain that the pompous attitude expressed in that post greatly contributed to my decision to finally walk away. Quite honestly, it's not something I want to associate myself with, because it's the polar opposite of loving your neighbor as yourself. I'm sure we're all familiar with John's song, Imagine, which he and Yoko co-wrote this hopeful song about imagining a world of peace, and how we should be on guard against things that divide and separate people, such as religion. Frankly, when a religion becomes the reason why people despise each other, and it causes people to look upon others, then that religion becomes toxic to humanity. As far as I'm concerned, the Christianity described in the OP is a perfect example, and it makes me thankful that I'm not a Christian anymore.

Honestly, I can't believe that I read such intolerant comments from a Beatles' fan. It makes me feel upset and sad at the same time, because The Beatles were about tolerance and acceptance of people who were different from them. For example, they embraced Billy Preston, knowing full well that Billy was a gay man. None of them cared that Billy was a gay man, and a black man. He was like a brother to them, and they treated him that way. Furthermore, The Beatles refused to perform in concert at segregated venues for segregated audiences in the South in the 60s. They wouldn't perform at a "whites only" venue. In fact, their refusal was actually written into their contract with the venue. And we all know that John loved, and married, Yoko Ono, and he had a son with her.

Clara Tea

See, I don't believe in toleration. My religion is the true religion. I'm not baiting anyone here, and I'm not trolling. I'm telling you exactly how it is for me. I hate other religions. I think people in other religions are simply deluded fools who can't see the end coming, can't read the signs of the times, and cannot understand the prophecies of the Gospels and Revelation, and of course, have no idea who or what God is.

In this day and age, it's considered just good manners to tolerate everyone. But the next thing you know, you have a drag queen Lutheran preacher reading stories to children from the pulpit. I'll bet Martin Luther never saw that one coming!

If there is no true religion, then we might as well be atheists. If there is a true religion, we better stop tolerating lies. These are the end of days.

Read entire article

carryon.gif

52000155-10327339-A_Lutheran_pastor_in_Chicago_offered_drag_prayer_time_for_childr-a-65_1639970206846.jpg
52000153-10327339-Aaron_Musser_who_was_ordained_this_summer_donned_a_blonde_wig_wh-a-66_1639970206847.jpg

Terrorists who died in the 911 attack believed that they would get 72 virgins in heaven. Fellow terrorists strap bombs to their own sons and tell them to go into pizza parlors where they could blow up Jewish teenagers who are enjoying themselves.

Religions start wars. Religions motivate torture. Even the same religion has battles between different denominations. Virtually all religions ignore God's commandments. For example, in Revelation, God commanded us not to attack Iraq or face consequences. One consequence is Revelation 15 (seven plagues), another consequence is debt.

The Religious Right is for gun rights (supports the National Rifle Association (NRA)), and the NRA has the pope, et al, on its enemies list. Could a gun zealot try to assassinate the pope as a result?

http://wikibin.org/articles/veridicanism.html

The link above is about your stated religion.

It is a religion with an invisible, unproven, and unprovable God. It is based on a bible that was written long after apostles died. There are glaring errors apparent in that bible. Gen 1:25: Man created before animals....Genesis 2:18: Man created after animals.

Modern Christians voted in W. Bush as president, and he went to war with Iraq and Afghanistan, which were the allies of the US. The Taliban had captured bin Laden and offered to turn him (and aides) over to the US if the US would show proof of terrorism, but none was ever found ...even after killing a million Iraqis. W. Bush said war, and God said "thou shalt not kill" and "turn the other cheek." God, as it turns out, was right. Christians can't even follow their own bible, nor their own God. These are the end of days because Iraq was attacked, and the Religious Right is responsible for that (Revelation tells the whole story of the end times).

It is not your job to criticize drag queens. "Judge not lest ye be judged." Only God is the judge. Sure, the bible says that they should not be Gay, but that doesn't give us the right to criticize them. They have to decide not to be Gay on their own, if at all.

Heaven is not a place for snapping, snarling, vicious Christians who carry out God's wrath as vigilantes. Heaven would not be heavenly if such vicious people were in it.

Those who supported the war in Iraq will go to hell, and burn in the fires of the bottomless pit forever, according to Revelation (a chapter in the New Testament bible), and there is no forgiveness for such an atrocity, nor is there a way to avoid hell.

If one has no toleration, one might as well get an AK-47 assault rifle, rigged to be fully automatic, and shoot other denominations of Christians whom they don't approve. Wouldn't that be doing God's work?

God is all powerful, and doesn't need anyone to do his work for him. The devout and pious Ku Klux Klan doesn't need to carry out what they perceive God's work is (lynching Blacks, wrapping chains around Blacks and dumping them in rivers, or burning Blacks at the stake, or murdering Jews). God is perfectly able to do his own work with a mere wave of his hand or blink of his eye.

The misinterpretations of God's plan are glaringly apparent.

You "hate" other religions, you say. Does that include the Jewish religion that Jesus was born into? Is "hatred" a Christian virtue? Can you get into heaven with "hatred?"

Christians are supposed to help others, according to Jesus, who healed the sick and railed against churches that put their money into bobbles and idols, instead of helping the sick and poor.

Modern Christians railed against universal health care (Obamacare). But that is exactly what Jesus would have wanted.

Your brand of Christianity is a brand of hate, viciousness, and vigilante justice in the name of Jesus or God. There is no room in heaven for the vicious.

Clara Tea

Yeah because Jesus was such a jerk to everyone he met.
Why am I forcibly reminded of the phrase
“I like your Christ but not your Christians. So unlike your Christ.”
Also by today’s fashion standards Jesus and his followers were wearing what amounts to dresses functionally speaking. Just a fun little tidbit
So much for no cross dressing.

Also I thought hubris was commonly thought of as a sin, no?

And most of them were guys. Where were the women in their lives?

Clara Tea

No, no! Mine is the right one!

Why? Because I said so! Who am I to say so? I'm the smartest person in the world! Who told me that? My mommy!

View attachment 58696
We all know mommy is always right...

It is a miracle that we all have the right religion and everyone else has the wrong one. And, all we had to do to get the right religion is get the right daddy and mommy (because, in most cases, we chose the same religion that they did).

When zealots get out AK-47 assault rifles, and start shooting unarmed school children, as Patrick Purdy did (and many copycats since), we have to ask ourselves if we are carrying out God's work. If we are, is God worthy of following?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
See, I don't believe in toleration. My religion is the true religion. I'm not baiting anyone here, and I'm not trolling. I'm telling you exactly how it is for me. I hate other religions. I think people in other religions are simply deluded fools who can't see the end coming, can't read the signs of the times, and cannot understand the prophecies of the Gospels and Revelation, and of course, have no idea who or what God is.

In this day and age, it's considered just good manners to tolerate everyone. But the next thing you know, you have a drag queen Lutheran preacher reading stories to children from the pulpit. I'll bet Martin Luther never saw that one coming!

If there is no true religion, then we might as well be atheists. If there is a true religion, we better stop tolerating lies. These are the end of days.

Read entire article

As a Beatles' fan, I will sadly confess that I am thoroughly disappointed, and heartbroken, to read a post like this written by another Beatles' fan. I'm usually able to respect someone's Christian beliefs, as long as that person doesn't behave like a pompous Pharisee, who haughtily looks down upon other people for not believing in God, or for not following God in exactly the same way. However, in your case, I cannot respect your Christian belief, or your opinion of those who don't believe in God, or follow God, in exactly the same way you do. In fact, it makes me recoil, and it also reinforces my determination to stay as far away from your Christianity as I can. We are both Beatles' fans, Edward Gordon, but as far as I'm concerned, our commonality goes no further than that.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
So...?

I see nothing wrong with a crossdressing Lutheran preacher - and my opinion is the correct one, after all.

But your opinion is also wrong, so why would that be important?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
As a Beatles' fan, I will sadly confess that I am thoroughly disappointed, and heartbroken, to read a post like this written by another Beatles' fan. I'm usually able to respect someone's Christian beliefs, as long as that person doesn't behave like a pompous Pharisee, who haughtily looks down upon other people for not believing in God, or for not following God in exactly the same way. However, in your case, I cannot respect your Christian belief, or your opinion of those who don't believe in God, or follow God, in exactly the same way you do. In fact, it makes me recoil, and it also reinforces my determination to stay as far away from your Christianity as I can. We are both Beatles' fans, Edward Gordon, but as far as I'm concerned, our commonality goes no further than that.

There's something else I'd like to add to my above post, and it's this scriptural passage of Jesus' parable in Luke 18:9-14.

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ 13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ 14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
He did mention he Hell. But he talked a bunch and lots and very frequently about loving thy neighbor.
Are you sure about that?
He said that once. Actually he said to love your neighbor like you love yourself.
He talks about hell about 70 times
Of course the two subjects aren't mutually exclusive.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Read entire article

carryon.gif

52000155-10327339-A_Lutheran_pastor_in_Chicago_offered_drag_prayer_time_for_childr-a-65_1639970206846.jpg
52000153-10327339-Aaron_Musser_who_was_ordained_this_summer_donned_a_blonde_wig_wh-a-66_1639970206847.jpg
I try to be a tolerant person. I think it would be wrong of me to try and take from anyone the solace and inspiration that they get from what they believe.

However, I take solace and inspiration from my belief that humanity has the capacity to save itself, and to do what is right in the end -- perhaps after some disgruntlement and nay-saying. But you want to make damn sure that everybody accepts your truth, that your God wants it all wrapped up, the planet and everybody on it dead.

And you know, I don't have a lot of tolerance for that. If it makes you feel better somehow (though I'll never understand that it could), fine -- but I personally would prefer that you keep your death-wish to yourself.

Clara Tea

Well you're in "good" company:

"The strategy against the American radical left should be the same as General Douglas MacArthur employed against the Japanese in the Pacific . . . blast the individuals out of their power bunkers with hand-to-hand combat. The battle to regain the soul of America won't be pleasant, but we will win it." - Pat Robertson

"The inability or unwillingness to hate makes a person worthless. If we do not hate detestable things, the quality of our character is suspect. The Bible commands that we hate." - H. A. (Buster) Dobbs

"I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - President George H. W. Bush

"There is a value in spiritual violence," Hagee declared, "and it is time that you considered the role that you are playing or not playing and whether or not it's time for you to become more aggressive in your beliefs" - Matthew Hagee

"I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good . . . our goal is a Christian nation. We have the biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't wantran pluralism" - Randall Terry, Director of Operation Rescue

"The long term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to his Church's public marks of the covenant-baptism and holy communion-must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel." - Gary North

"Why stoning? There are many reasons. First, the implements of execution are available to everyone at virtually no cost...executions are community projects--not with spectators who watch a professional executioner do `his' duty, but rather with actual participants...That modern Christians never consider the possibility of the reintroduction of stoning for capital crimes indicates how thoroughly humanistic concepts of punishment have influenced the thinking of Christian." - Christian Dominionist Gary North bemoaning the influence that humanism has had

"There will never be world peace until God's house and God's people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world." - Pat Robertson

"Our goal must be simple. We must have a Christian nation built on God's law, on the Ten Commandments. No apologies." - Randall Terry

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity." - Ann Coulter

Professional Bigot Pat Robertson Does It Again

Reverend Pat Robertson said that Blacks made an attempt to gain freedom with a pact from the devil. (source: above)

Reverend Pat Robertson said a lot of bigoted things. I suppose that it shows that we are all human and prone to err. But, doesn't it seem as though some err more than others, and some don't even make the attempt to be right? Shall we forgive Reverend Pat Robertson, then move on? Or, should we correct him when he is wrong, so that his vitria doesn't spread like a disease. Consider that Hitler died in old age in South America (as it has been proven that many high ranking (supposedly previously dead) Nazis did), his vitria continues and spreads. Look at all of the skin head, Aryan nation, White Supremist, Sons of the Gestapo (Hyder train wreck), and other sick organizations that sprang from Hitler's viral bigotry.

George Herbert Walker Bush (daddy Bush) made the Iran Contra scandal with President Reagan. It was behind the back of Congress, involved making and trading counterfeit currency, trading arms (made to look Russian), and supporting a vicious Contra dictator of Nicaragua against Sandinistas who merely wanted a working wage and educations for their kids (rather than factory slavery). Also, the radical Islamic nation of Iran, ruled by a dictator, was supported by Reagan and Bush as part of the Iran Contra scandal. Bush bribed Iran not to get involved in terrorism or middle eastern politics for 20 years (reluctantly paid during the Obama administration as Iran was acting up again, and now rich with bribe money).

Anastasio Somoza Debayle - Wikipedia

Anastasio Somoza Debayle, dictator of Nicaragua, had demanded that all of his employees (he ran 85% of the companies in Nicaragua) bring him a slip proving that they voted for him, or they would be fired and black-balled to never get a job in Nicaragua again. (You can read more about Somoza in the hypertext link above).

Lets hope Reverend Hagee doesn't go to hell....we wouldn't want him deposing the devil and taking over.

Randall Terry's "Operation Rescue" blocked doors to abortion clinics. Lawsuits alleged racketeer influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). Terry's people harrassed those seeking abortions or working at abortion clinics. It is the same as Operation Rescue National and Operation Save America. The IRS caught them illegallly electioneering with tax exempt status, which resulted in the revokation of tax exempt status.

I realize that Christians follow the old testament.....but......

Christians who hate Jews want to return to the Old Testament (Jewish) ten commandments. Does that even make sense?