• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Not a Tolerant Person

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
He also talked about hell. A lot. Everyone wants Jesus to believe what they believe.

The ancient Jewish people didn't have a concept of hell. They had Sheol. Hell as it is known today did not exist in Jesus' culture.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
He also talked about hell. A lot. Everyone wants Jesus to believe what they believe.
He did mention he Hell. But he talked a bunch and lots and very frequently about loving thy neighbor. That love part requires more than just tolerance. Like a screaming baby on an airplane. We don't love that and unconditionally accept it and look past that. We tolerate it because we have to. It's not like someone with Tourette's and you just accept the ticks as a part of that person and love the person still despite the traits of Tourette's that society loves to ridicule and mock. But instead this is a person you love so those traits don't matter to you.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Oh gosh! Do I want to post Gospel of Thomas verse 22 or Gospel of Thomas verse 2?
22. Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest."

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Take your well wishes and shove them up...whatever you want to shove them up. You don't wish me well. That's a lie to make you look morally superior. And I don't want your faith to exist on the earth. I don't mean I want "you" personally to not exist, rather I want you to abandon the rather grotesque milquetoast religion you belong to and join the forces of Christ.

The fact that my existing and the existence of my religion brings you so much rage is funny to me. Ooga booga!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Serving the mission God gave me on the day I was born into this world. That's it.

Well said. Impressive.
yes.gif

Atheists don't count. A true atheist is just someone, and I think you would agree with me on this, that has no soul at all. I'm not even sure how much civil rights, or human rights for that matter, we need to afford them. I'd stop being an atheist if I were you.

Love your neighbor, yes, but how? By doing unto them as you would have it done unto you. Now think about that for a moment. I'm not sure if Jesus was having fun with us or just wanting to make sure only the enlightened elect understood him--because if I looked like that drag queen, I'd hang myself. So...
bored.gif

Really? Try narcissistic pederast.

28 years ago.

Screw that. I don't tolerate false religions. There may not be anything I can do about it, but being powerless is not the same thing as capitulating my opinion in the face of a majority of fools.

And actually, yeah, that's what's going to happen when Christ returns. It's war--full on.
ak47.gif

Take your well wishes and shove them up...whatever you want to shove them up. You don't wish me well. That's a lie to make you look morally superior. And I don't want your faith to exist on the earth. I don't mean I want "you" personally to not exist, rather I want you to abandon the rather grotesque milquetoast religion you belong to and join the forces of Christ.

That's true.

Thanks, John, and that's true: I'd rather have someone slap me in the face than stab me in the back.
beat_stick.gif
You may hate me for this, but your personal christianity religion is based on hate and fear....you ain't gonna get me converted
The Christianity Jesus taught wasnt hate...but based on love

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
See, I don't believe in toleration. My religion is the true religion. I'm not baiting anyone here, and I'm not trolling. I'm telling you exactly how it is for me.
I appreciate your candor.

I searched the internet for the meaning of 'Veridian' and found this on the Veridian Credit Union page:
"The name Veridian comes from the words 'verdant' meaning green and growing and 'veritas' or truth."

If there is no true religion, then we might as well be atheists. If there is a true religion, we better stop tolerating lies. These are the end of days.
There are no true people in my opinion, no one steadfast or even dedicated. I question the ability of any human to exclude all lies from their lives and minds. Its just not possible to me. People color any light which passes through, even when trying not to. We aren't the sun. We're perhaps a moon. We're polished silver. We're maybe bronze or something like that.

In this day and age, it's considered just good manners to tolerate everyone. But the next thing you know, you have a drag queen Lutheran preacher reading stories to children from the pulpit. I'll bet Martin Luther never saw that one coming!
I cut the Lutherans some slack. Their gathering has come a long way from a difficult time characterized by wars that pitted Christians against Christians who'd kill anyone who didn't embrace their own words.

The Lutherans have come a long way, and I personally like their tolerant ways and think they are in line with scripture on that. I don't know about that particular situation with that drag queen or why they are having that event though; but love covers errors. I'd rather have people that tolerated one another and weren't so worried about being contaminated by sins than people who were cold and clean as crystal.

I think people in other religions are simply deluded fools who can't see the end coming, can't read the signs of the times, and cannot understand the prophecies of the Gospels and Revelation, and of course, have no idea who or what God is.
I left that way of thinking on the cross, but most people in my family would agree 100% with what you're saying. In particular 1 or 2 are afraid to even consider tolerance of homosexuality and consider it to be so shameful as to be unworthy of their tongues. They'd outlaw as many aspects of homosexuality as possible, outlaw transgender behavior etc. I can understand why, too. Its very difficult for a straight person like myself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hmm,. I too lack tolerance, i have absolutely no tolerance for deliberate/willful ignorance.
I'm very tolerant of magical thinking...as long as it
doesn't result in oppression, theft, assault, etc.
So what if the OP believes in sky fairies & miracles.
If he minds his own business, that's OK.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I'm very tolerant of magical thinking...as long as it
doesn't result in oppression, theft, assault, etc.
So what if the OP believes in sky fairies & miracles.
If he minds his own business, that's OK.

He won't. Christians throughout history are notorious for being in everyone's business.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
At least he's honest which is more than you can say for those who who try and hide their hate with a couple of smilies.
I appreciate efforts to hide their hate.
It makes for more civil discourse...which
might ultimately lead to less hate.