• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Not a Tolerant Person

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
If I am honest, I will admit I have trouble with the woman in the picture giving a children's sermon...

I noticed she layed her mask to the side. That really isn't a good practice right now, for health reasons.

And the shoes don't match. What a disaster.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Because Conservatives and Christians have made it a hobby and profession to politically weaponize children and then hide behind them like the kids were made to serve as their shields.

I am not understanding this.
Could you elaborate?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Guy on RF: This drag queen is giving a sermon. How obscene.

RF: Okay but hER ShOEs DoN'T MaTCH!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am not understanding this.
Could you elaborate?
In America it is not uncommon for Conservatives and Christians to use "think of the children" to push a political agenda. Like banning gay marriage and keeping trans people in the closet and banning treatment for kids. And then they cling to their crap like they're claims have any actual merit and claim anyone who doesn't see it their way doesn't care about what happens to the kids.
Like, how dare they learn trans people are people and gay love is love because my pastor just told me to hate those hellbound sinners who corrupt and pervert kids and all of society, but tell everyone what you're actually doing is expressing love.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
In this day and age, it's considered just good manners to tolerate everyone. But the next thing you know, you have a drag queen Lutheran preacher reading stories to children from the pulpit. I'll bet Martin Luther never saw that one coming!

Probably not. But then, ML was an anti-semite and a rather nasty person.

It's a good thing, in my opinion, that religions start to work on the messages of hatred they have promoted.

I'm more curious what her message was to the kids. S/he sounds like a brave person.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
But the next thing you know, you have a drag queen Lutheran preacher reading stories to children from the pulpit. I'll bet Martin Luther never saw that one coming!

This obviously took place in a congregation within the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. A lot of pastors and theologians in that denomination have been following a trendy approach to 'law and gospel' where law is almost entirely negated. As a result, people can cross dress regardless of what the law says in Leviticus or some other book in the Torah. Basically, 'God forgives, all is well, we are all his children regardless, etc.' Granted, I am not a Christian, but I see how cheap and unfaithful these people are to the scriptures they supposedly know better than the laity.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In America it is not uncommon for Conservatives and Christians to use "think of the children" to push a political agenda. Like banning gay marriage and keeping trans people in the closet and banning treatment for kids. And then they cling to their crap like they're claims have any actual merit and claim anyone who doesn't see it their way doesn't care about what happens to the kids.
Like, how dare they learn trans people are people and gay love is love because my pastor just told me to hate those hellbound sinners who corrupt and pervert kids and all of society, but tell everyone what you're actually doing is expressing love.
Thank you.
You gave some context.

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In this day and age, it's considered just good manners to tolerate everyone. But the next thing you know, you have a drag queen Lutheran preacher reading stories to children from the pulpit. I'll bet Martin Luther never saw that one coming!
I know! Tolerating the outcasts of society is a sin! Jesus did that, and even taught that to his followers! He got crucified for it too!

Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did.
You're right to reject Jesus here! He was no true conservative! He was wrong to not listen to the Pharisees. They were right to condemn him and nail him to a tree, right?

Out of curiosity, have you actually read the teachings of Jesus yet?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
See, I don't believe in toleration. My religion is the true religion. I'm not baiting anyone here, and I'm not trolling. I'm telling you exactly how it is for me. I hate other religions. I think people in other religions are simply deluded fools who can't see the end coming, can't read the signs of the times, and cannot understand the prophecies of the Gospels and Revelation, and of course, have no idea who or what God is.

If there is no true religion, then we might as well be atheists. If there is a true religion, we better stop tolerating lies. These are the end of days.

Read entire article

carryon.gif

52000155-10327339-A_Lutheran_pastor_in_Chicago_offered_drag_prayer_time_for_childr-a-65_1639970206846.jpg
52000153-10327339-Aaron_Musser_who_was_ordained_this_summer_donned_a_blonde_wig_wh-a-66_1639970206847.jpg
I wonder.

You say "Your Religion " so my question is, when did you create "your religion "?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
See, I don't believe in toleration. My religion is the true religion.

The problem is, that's what pretty much every religious person thinks. So what happens when you have a bunch of people in a society who all think they have "The Truth" but none of whom agree with each other? Shall they all just, what, kill each other? Let the strongest religion win?

No?

Welcome to the rationale for religious tolerance.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Because Conservatives and Christians have made it a hobby and profession to politically weaponize children and then hide behind them like the kids were made to serve as their shields.
Or liberal Non-Christians that have made it a hobby and profession to politically weaponize children.... ;)

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't believe in toleration. My religion is the true religion.

Well you're in "good" company:

"The strategy against the American radical left should be the same as General Douglas MacArthur employed against the Japanese in the Pacific . . . blast the individuals out of their power bunkers with hand-to-hand combat. The battle to regain the soul of America won't be pleasant, but we will win it." - Pat Robertson

"The inability or unwillingness to hate makes a person worthless. If we do not hate detestable things, the quality of our character is suspect. The Bible commands that we hate." - H. A. (Buster) Dobbs

"I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." - President George H. W. Bush

"There is a value in spiritual violence," Hagee declared, "and it is time that you considered the role that you are playing or not playing and whether or not it's time for you to become more aggressive in your beliefs" - Matthew Hagee

"I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good . . . our goal is a Christian nation. We have the biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism" - Randall Terry, Director of Operation Rescue

"The long term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to his Church's public marks of the covenant-baptism and holy communion-must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel." - Gary North

"The long term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to his Church's public marks of the covenant-baptism and holy communion-must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel." - Gary North

"Why stoning? There are many reasons. First, the implements of execution are available to everyone at virtually no cost...executions are community projects--not with spectators who watch a professional executioner do `his' duty, but rather with actual participants...That modern Christians never consider the possibility of the reintroduction of stoning for capital crimes indicates how thoroughly humanistic concepts of punishment have influenced the thinking of Christian." - Christian Dominionist Gary North bemoaning the influence that humanism has had

"There will never be world peace until God's house and God's people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world." - Pat Robertson

"Our goal must be simple. We must have a Christian nation built on God's law, on the Ten Commandments. No apologies." - Randall Terry

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity." - Ann Coulter​