• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm new to the site.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm looking for a place where I can find those of like mind. I classify myself as eclectic because I've been exposed to a number of beliefs. At one time I was a fundamentalist Christian, was agnostic for a while and later moved onto New Age. I'm a writer and wrote and published a book with characters who multicultural/multi-religious. I expanded on what I'd learned in college on the subject and researched it. My best source was The World's Religions by Huston Smith. I am comforted by a daily quote I get from Daily Dharma. I'm into yoga. At present I'm into quantum entanglement, other dimensions as they relate to the afterlife. The novel about that will be published in probably Feb or March. I've been through a lot of difficult experiences and all of them have taught me so much. I was devastated by them and am grateful for what I learned. I look forward to exploring this site, as I learn the ins and outs. I have published numerous books, but I am not here to sell them. A writer/artist is who I am.
Welcome. You sound like an interesting soul. I look forward to some conversations with you. I too am a former fundi. Its tendrils of fear take a long time to break free from. Have you ever done any qigong and taiji practices alongside your yoga?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Join us for lunch in the staff cafeteria...
giphy.gif

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm looking for a place where I can find those of like mind. I classify myself as eclectic because I've been exposed to a number of beliefs. At one time I was a fundamentalist Christian, was agnostic for a while and later moved onto New Age. I'm a writer and wrote and published a book with characters who multicultural/multi-religious. I expanded on what I'd learned in college on the subject and researched it. My best source was The World's Religions by Huston Smith. I am comforted by a daily quote I get from Daily Dharma. I'm into yoga. At present I'm into quantum entanglement, other dimensions as they relate to the afterlife. The novel about that will be published in probably Feb or March. I've been through a lot of difficult experiences and all of them have taught me so much. I was devastated by them and am grateful for what I learned. I look forward to exploring this site, as I learn the ins and outs. I have published numerous books, but I am not here to sell them. A writer/artist is who I am.
Welcome to this temporal world and all that is in it. RF is a great community and a great family. As in all families, we may have moments of extreme convictions creating odds with each other but love conquers all.

Panacea

Hi @Panacea , welcome to RF. Hope you find it a safe palce to have discussions and fellowship with peoples of different faiths and worldviews.
Adrian
Thanks. I'm still not sure what DIR means when I check it in my profile. I read the explanation. What I didn't see was what checking it would or would not do for me.

Panacea

Welcome. You sound like an interesting soul. I look forward to some conversations with you. I too am a former fundi. Its tendrils of fear take a long time to break free from. Have you ever done any qigong and taiji practices alongside your yoga?
No, I don't know what that is. I actually escaped most of the tendrils of fundamentalism. My nonfiction book about it addressed it as did my novel about such things. For me the yoga is for the exercise and to mellow me out.

Thanks everyone for your welcome. Not quite sure yet how to do these response in one window, without the screen jumping all over the place.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Thanks everyone for your welcome. Not quite sure yet how to do these response in one window, without the screen jumping all over the place.

I am not sure is this is what you meant... Type an @ then without space the username, example @ChristineM After the first few letters you get a list of users, continue typing the name or select from the list. You can add as many users as you want in one post that way. The users will be informed you have tagged them with a link to your post.

As for the jumping, advertising im afraid, its either cough up the subscription or suffer the jumping. I used to wait until the page had completed loading before entering anything otherwise it all went crazy.

Panacea

I am not sure is this is what you meant... Type an @ then without space the username, example @ChristineM After the first few letters you get a list of users, continue typing the name or select from the list. You can add as many users as you want in one post that way. The users will be informed you have tagged them with a link to your post.

As for the jumping, advertising im afraid, its either cough up the subscription or suffer the jumping. I used to wait until the page had completed loading before entering anything otherwise it all went crazy.
That will help. Thanks. One of the things I was thinking is that if I want to quote what you said and several others all in the same window response, I'm not quite sure how to do that yet.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That will help. Thanks. One of the things I was thinking is that if I want to quote what you said and several others all in the same window response, I'm not quite sure how to do that yet.

Highlight the text you want to quote, a popup with "quote - reply" should popup. Click quote, it adds the highlighted text to the quote queue. Repeat for all those you want to quote.

Go to the text input box, the upload file button should have changed to quote messages. Click it.

The quote queue should should pop up, click quote these messages. Voila. It all appears in the text box in separate blocks, you can type between sections.

I think...

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. I'm still not sure what DIR means when I check it in my profile. I read the explanation. What I didn't see was what checking it would or would not do for me.
The DIR sections of the fora are for those of an idenifed religion to talk among themselves. If you don't specifically belong to any group, best not to tick any of the boxes. 99% of the discussions here happen outside the DIR sections so you won't miss out. We often have people come along who have had many influences as you have, but practicing yoga is very different from being a practicing Hindu. Having been raised with Christianity is different from being a Christian. Hope you understand.

Panacea

The DIR sections of the fora are for those of an idenifed religion to talk among themselves. If you don't specifically belong to any group, best not to tick any of the boxes. 99% of the discussions here happen outside the DIR sections so you won't miss out. We often have people come along who have had many influences as you have, but practicing yoga is very different from being a practicing Hindu. Having been raised with Christianity is different from being a Christian. Hope you understand.
Thanks. I went back in to see if I could unclick everything, but I don't know how to do that either.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Oddly enough when I tried that earlier today, there was no place to unclick. The DIR stuff was just there. When I went in now, I was able to do that. Must be some kind of a software issue. Thanks.
The same concept applies to the politics ones, but I guess you should only tick one (if you wish).