• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm new, Hi.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hello.

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation

I believe this verse is a prime example of text that is misunderstood by both Muslims and Christians.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Thanks, sovietchild, I appreciate that.

So the Quran directly contradicts the NT. I guess that's no surprise.

I believe, actually, it only appears to be a contradiction. It fits in quite well with what the Bible says when one understands what the verse is actually saying.

I believe, actually, it only appears to be a contradiction. It fits in quite well with what the Bible says when one understands what the verse is actually saying.

Hello Muffled.
In the Bible it clearly states that Christ was crucified and that He died and that directly contradicts what is quoted by Sovietchild above.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hello Muffled.
In the Bible it clearly states that Christ was crucified and that He died and that directly contradicts what is quoted by Sovietchild above.

I believe one must understand what is being said. The Biblical authors stated that Jesus was crucified because that is what they observed (observations are appearances). The Qu'ran is reporting from God's point of view which is that if Jesus did not die then the crucifixion was not completed and therefore did not take place.

I believe your next statement would be that the Bible says Jesus died. I believe that is how it would appear but the truth is that Jesus left the body before it died so in affect it was only the body that died. This is intimated in the Bible but it is difficult to understand how the author saw beyond appearances but perhaps it is more a matter of believing the words of Jesus:
Lu 23:46 And Jesus, crying with a loud voice, said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said this, he gave up the ghost.