• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Ignorant, hence I am a Theist!

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Meaningful life as in putting more back in than you take out per se ,is difficult for me to imagine outside of christian values what you actually mean .
Fair enough.
The thing is, when you base the thoughts, opinions, beliefs, etc. of everyone else on your own personal experiences, you are removing much of what makes up the world.

The persuit of a capitalist lifestyle could be described as meaningful within the context of evolution .
However within context of religion capitalism not a good thing , they try turn whole world into piles of paper which is very bad economy as paper returns much less heat ,than oil. The paper will never return the resource .
Maybe the world needs a few skyward pointing individuals if only to stop humanity going over the top.
What is the difference between the two?
Honestly, other than one claiming god is behind them, what is the difference?

SpeaksForTheTrees

Fair enough.
The thing is, when you base the thoughts, opinions, beliefs, etc. of everyone else on your own personal experiences, you are removing much of what makes up the world.

What is the difference between the two?
Honestly, other than one claiming god is behind them, what is the difference?
Evolution just the knee jerk reaction of organisms algae apparently to environmental change over long periods of time, just by accident always making the right choice , until it eventually made people , evolution about surviving at all costs ? Living for now .
Being made from star stuff does not disprove God , is a long way in light years .

Kelly of the Phoenix

Yes I telephone the god science weekly saying how grateful we are for the things he done , like Hiroshima.
the scientists didn't bomb Japan. The Christians who told the scientists to make it bombed Japan and many continue to claim that nuking two frickin' whole cities was absolutely necessary and moral.

Who s to say there would even be a world left , if it was up to athiests .
IIRC, it's the religious people who go on and on about the end of the world.

God is why the christian armies did not wipe from existance our enimies , by Gods grace alone they are sparred.
God should not be used as an excuse for bad military strategy.

Eventually yes slavery was abolished by christians
Some of them abolished it. The others were in FAVOR.

Nothing matters if atheism is true.
What if God exists and nothing matters anyway? Doesn't He always say, pretty much, He's going to do what He wants anyway? Throughout the bible, despite a few bones thrown here and there, the main gist of God's relationship with us is that He considers us like the other animals and plants and stuff. We are always compared with animals, from the story of Adam and Eve onward. Any time a group of people are blessed or cursed, animals are mentioned too, as though God just lumps us all together or something. Let's say you are saved and go to heaven: what does that matter to the universe? What did it solve? What does going to hell solve? How is it any different from just dying? I mean, I believe in heaven and hell as well, but bad logic is bad logic and we are cleary "just us", not "God's gift to the universe".

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Evolution just the knee jerk reaction of organisms algae apparently to environmental change over long periods of time, just by accident always making the right choice , until it eventually made people , evolution about surviving at all costs ? Living for now .
Being made from star stuff does not disprove God , is a long way in light years .
I fail to see how an honest discussion about evolution is possible with you seeing as you demonstrate you do not know anything about what evolution is.

SpeaksForTheTrees

I fail to see how an honest discussion about evolution is possible with you seeing as you demonstrate you do not know anything about what evolution is.
Sorry friend I have mathematical block when it comes to evolution from nothing . I just get error sorry

SpeaksForTheTrees

Except that you do not seem to know what evolution is.
A theory of origin or a science of origin .
I can handle numbers into hundreds of quintillions on paper n pen easily . For myself is mathamatically impossible and suggests unicorns , or half human ,half jellyfish , like half an halfves trapped in evolution .

Last edited:

SpeaksForTheTrees

I can handle numbers into hundreds of quintillions on paper n pen easily . For myself is mathamatically impossible and suggests unicorns , or half human ,half jellyfish , like half an halfves trapped in evolution .

A third arm would be a welcome addition times two not enough I wish for third see if a can start a ball rolling

SpeaksForTheTrees

A third arm would be a welcome addition times two not enough I wish for third see if a can start a ball rolling
Think that works only if a majority of us think it together collectively , eye at the back of the head also on the wish list , be doubley sure I not dropped anything easier to find car keys etc

SpeaksForTheTrees

Except that you do not seem to know what evolution is.
Let me put another way .
I cannot divide human by possibly less than 160,000 mutation which is outside number .
For myself would need millions of mutation from no light algae to people , and people we can be sure have stayed the same for least 20,000 years .
Do not even take into account the errors the DNA might make along the way.

SpeaksForTheTrees

the scientists didn't bomb Japan. The Christians who told the scientists to make it bombed Japan and many continue to claim that nuking two frickin' whole cities was absolutely necessary and moral.

IIRC, it's the religious people who go on and on about the end of the world.

God should not be used as an excuse for bad military strategy.

Some of them abolished it. The others were in FAVOR.

What if God exists and nothing matters anyway? Doesn't He always say, pretty much, He's going to do what He wants anyway? Throughout the bible, despite a few bones thrown here and there, the main gist of God's relationship with us is that He considers us like the other animals and plants and stuff. We are always compared with animals, from the story of Adam and Eve onward. Any time a group of people are blessed or cursed, animals are mentioned too, as though God just lumps us all together or something. Let's say you are saved and go to heaven: what does that matter to the universe? What did it solve? What does going to hell solve? How is it any different from just dying? I mean, I believe in heaven and hell as well, but bad logic is bad logic and we are cleary "just us", not "God's gift to the universe".

Scientists made the bomb opened the can , no doubt religion was the justification for dropping it , however one name is without blame , blame it on people but don't include me , I would of closed the book at the moral line Einstein did indeed cross.
End of world by time alone is inevitable I promote new starts not ends .
Some tribes where wiped from history , christians obliged to make peace once the fighting is over.
I think argument against christian on slavery is of quadruple standard , some tribes today still use local slaves.
You loose me on heaven and hell and such .
One step at a time

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
So you don't know what evolution is.
Thank you for the confirmation.
Now we are back to:

Please show your math.
I mean, you made a math claim, please show your math in support of your math claim.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

Think that works only if a majority of us think it together collectively , eye at the back of the head also on the wish list , be doubley sure I not dropped anything easier to find car keys etc

Let me put another way .
I cannot divide human by possibly less than 160,000 mutation which is outside number .
For myself would need millions of mutation from no light algae to people , and people we can be sure have stayed the same for least 20,000 years .
Do not even take into account the errors the DNA might make along the way.
Further demonstrating that not only are you grossly ignorant of evolution, you seem proud of your ignorance.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Who is leading the fight against Science? OP

It is the Atheism people. They load on science a burden that science does not accept under its domain. Religion lets science free in its domain, only do things that pertain to it and none of the religion.
It is therefore the Atheism people who are fighting with science.
Sorry, I don't agree with the OP.
Regards

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't think it's helpful to call a whole group of people with millions maybe even a couple billion ignorant.
True.

Yet it depends on how ignorance is applied.

I would think maintaining a religion that came from a time of sheep and goathearders with very little understanding of how the world works then to our understanding now, would certainly place a whole lot of people in the ignorant catagory for no other reason that scientific discovery and advancements have threatened an ancient perspective that's held to a stringent standard, completely oblivious to what develops that counters a religious belief.

RamaRaksha

Problem is who made God? You can't believe that a tiny organism, totally blind, unicellular, struggling for life can come out of the muck and guck of primitive earth but a Super magic being with incredible powers just came out of the blue?

That's like saying suddenly one day you have become a brilliant scientist without ever studying any books on science and having zero knowledge of math. As we know if you want to become one, you learn, step by step until you become one - that's basic evolution - the little creature evolved over time and became us. we also were not who we are today - once we lived on trees and we had tails - we came down and started living on the ground and we lost our tails because there was no need for them - that's how evolution works

You want a magic super being because you hope that after death you get to go to some magic land and get the easy life or some day magic man will come and you get to live in paradise. Selfish views make you reject Science and evolution

RamaRaksha

Who is leading the fight against Science? OP

It is the Atheism people. They load on science a burden that science does not accept under its domain. Religion lets science free in its domain, only do things that pertain to it and none of the religion.
It is therefore the Atheism people who are fighting with science.
Sorry, I don't agree with the OP.
Regards

Just rambling thoughts? Can you give some examples of who these Atheists are who are against Science? Who is promoting creationism over evolution? Who is always mocking scientific theories as just theories?

RamaRaksha

Let's compare countries mine UK which is yours ?
See if reality matches your words ?

Huh? What kind of a response was that? Wasn't Germany christian a while ago when you-know-who came aboard and started killing jews? The UK got rich by looting its colonies - saying we were part of the British raj was like saying the slave was part of the household - every colonized country at the time of independence was dirt poor - hmm how did that happen? Just a coincidence?

The US can destroy UK right now if it wanted - but that doesn't make them superior - your history is filled with mass killings - talk to the Irish - Churchill looked the other way as millions of Indians starved to death - If India had never been colonized it would have been a rich nation by now - in fact all former colonies would have been far better off by now and the world would be a far better place. They say that by the year 2047 or so, India will be either the 2nd or 3rd richest nation on earth - that's just a 100 years after independence - a billion people will be lifted out of poverty because we started ruling ourselves - the British had no interest in developing its colonies, the only interest was in looting them. India was a rich country before the British came - by the time you left we were dirt poor - that's your great "accomplishment" - kill, loot and get rich