• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Ignorant, hence I am a Theist!

SpeaksForTheTrees

Yes and that's how it should be, there are too many that believe we all should be doing and believing in what they believe, I'm sure they only do it to feel secure, when in fact they are insecure.
Hmmm is lifetime journey not many go so deep , is more important priority to most in modern world like pay the bills they cannot consider Hindu concepts to help understand Christianity , is to much time people do not have so much time is to difficult , I only have time because I made it.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Hmmm is lifetime journey not many go so deep , is more important priority to most in modern world like pay the bills they cannot consider Hindu concepts to help understand Christianity , is to much time people do not have so much time is to difficult , I only have time because I made it.
Yes the so called modern world can be a hindrance to truly discovery ones SELF, but if one is under grace no matter what they do, they will discover their truth SELF.

RamaRaksha

Yes I telephone the god science weekly saying how grateful we are for the things he done , like Hiroshima.
Who s to say there would even be a world left , if it was up to athiests .
God is why the christian armies did not wipe from existance our enimies , by Gods grace alone they are sparred.
I remember our previous was issues regarding spawning as cuckoo next time round .
Nations advance despite religion ? Care give example outside christian world ?That we not gifted the technology .
Example ?
Jesus I do not think would of agreed to have slaves kind of goes against the grain.
Slavery was around long before christianity .
Eventually yes slavery was abolished by christians

Good old religious arguments - blame it on Atheists for the bad, like Hiroshima - never take any responsibility for anything bad that they do - like slavery and then pat yourself on the back for abolishing it?

We were talking about religion suddenly it has taken a christian curve? that comment about not wiping out the rest of humanity is mind-boggling - You are actually congratulating your religion for NOT committing wholesale Genocide that would have put Hitler to shame? FYI - who blamed the death of Jesus on jews? Who nurtured and kept the hate against Jews for 2,000 years and ended up with almost wiping them off the face of the earth? Pat yourself on the back - that was you christians
The vast majority of Scientists are Atheists - whether it was today or yesterday - Science made gains despite opposition from religion - Galelio was forced to recant his findings. Darwin was attacked for his views and he is still under attack today

Jesus would not have agreed to have slaves? Now that is what we call lame - we were talking about how religions made all those nice great laws - that is what we are discussing here - not whether some guy did or did not do. You know that your religion has supported slavery - you even have rules for it

This is not about an attack on christianity, you are making it so - this discussion was about religion and the sad fight that we are having even today about Evolution and Scientific progress

There is zero evidence for your God - as i posted - Science does not lie to you whereas religion is more than happy to lie and stoke your delusions

You christians do a good thing - before dinner you thank God for the food that you are about to eat - you need to thank Science actually, without science the world would not have been able to feed the population that we have today

psychoslice

Veteran Member
And you never ever get very sad ?
I try not to be very happy in return I am never very sad , I like a balance of being hmm comfortable in my environment , is enough for me .
Yes there is sadness but I don't own it, I see for what it is and let it go, the same with being happy, just enjoy when its there and let it go, as you said, balance.

RamaRaksha

Krishna is Hindu diety , huh wow you have own agenda

God Krishna's advice is for ALL humanity - it says so in the Gita - He said that i do not belong to anyone, no one may claim me as theirs, but I am for everyone

The Buddha's teachings apply to ALL of us, so do Christ's teachings - sad that religion has done such a good job of creating hate and division

RamaRaksha

If God does not exist, should not atheists just relax have a good time before they become plant food?
Why should it matter if people believe in God?
Nothing matters if atheism is true.

That post made no sense. Are you saying you are doing something because the magic being in the sky will be pleased and will reward you? Like serving a King hoping he will throw down some coin? Religious ideas came out of primitive times, they made God in the local King's image - their ideas came out of medieval times, when pleasing the King meant a good life and religions are more than happy to stoke those views because that means a brainwashed, slavish followers

Atheists follow Science, the arts, do good because they love doing it, it creates a better society for all

It is like you find a wallet on the side of the road full of cash - the Atheist returns it because it is the right thing to do, whereas you, I assume, because God won't like it. If there is no God, I assume you will be cheating, lying, stealing and raping?

SpeaksForTheTrees

Good old religious arguments - blame it on Atheists for the bad, like Hiroshima - never take any responsibility for anything bad that they do - like slavery and then pat yourself on the back for abolishing it?

We were talking about religion suddenly it has taken a christian curve? that comment about not wiping out the rest of humanity is mind-boggling - You are actually congratulating your religion for NOT committing wholesale Genocide that would have put Hitler to shame? FYI - who blamed the death of Jesus on jews? Who nurtured and kept the hate against Jews for 2,000 years and ended up with almost wiping them off the face of the earth? Pat yourself on the back - that was you christians
The vast majority of Scientists are Atheists - whether it was today or yesterday - Science made gains despite opposition from religion - Galelio was forced to recant his findings. Darwin was attacked for his views and he is still under attack today

Jesus would not have agreed to have slaves? Now that is what we call lame - we were talking about how religions made all those nice great laws - that is what we are discussing here - not whether some guy did or did not do. You know that your religion has supported slavery - you even have rules for it

This is not about an attack on christianity, you are making it so - this discussion was about religion and the sad fight that we are having even today about Evolution and Scientific progress

There is zero evidence for your God - as i posted - Science does not lie to you whereas religion is more than happy to lie and stoke your delusions

You christians do a good thing - before dinner you thank God for the food that you are about to eat - you need to thank Science actually, without science the world would not have been able to feed the population that we have today
Science is your personal god your a Hindu that's OK .
Your comments however , yes I would despatch my armies to your kingdom

SpeaksForTheTrees

Ah yes good old threats. As i posted before, your religion is not democratic is it? Born when Kings, Dictators ruled - one speaks out against the king, dictator, black vans would show up and take him away

Amazing that you live in a democracy, support free speech but when it comes to religion, you are no better than a communist?

Science is not my personal God - I am a theist as you know - what i am against is the lack of appreciation for Science - so much that it has done for us - made our lives so much better - but poor Science won't lie to us - it keeps saying there are no Sugar Daddies in the sky, no magic lands of comfort, no knight in shining armor coming to our rescue either

It is tempting to believe the tall tales of religion - they have been promising the imminent return of Jesus for quite some time now - i believe you are an educated person - when will you realize that they are fooling you with this promise? Do you not realize that it is an easy promise to make? You want the good easy life and they are happy to tell you what you want to hear - like Madoff promising great returns - it's just a Ponzi-Scheme
Let's compare countries mine UK which is yours ?
See if reality matches your words ?

SpeaksForTheTrees

Ah yes good old threats. As i posted before, your religion is not democratic is it? Born when Kings, Dictators ruled - one speaks out against the king, dictator, black vans would show up and take him away

Amazing that you live in a democracy, support free speech but when it comes to religion, you are no better than a communist?

Science is not my personal God - I am a theist as you know - what i am against is the lack of appreciation for Science - so much that it has done for us - made our lives so much better - but poor Science won't lie to us - it keeps saying there are no Sugar Daddies in the sky, no magic lands of comfort, no knight in shining armor coming to our rescue either

It is tempting to believe the tall tales of religion - they have been promising the imminent return of Jesus for quite some time now - i believe you are an educated person - when will you realize that they are fooling you with this promise? Do you not realize that it is an easy promise to make? You want the good easy life and they are happy to tell you what you want to hear - like Madoff promising great returns - it's just a Ponzi-Scheme

Oright you know if the christian had not come to India , if had been the Muslims which in time it would of been , you would be beheaded for idol worship

SpeaksForTheTrees

God Krishna's advice is for ALL humanity - it says so in the Gita - He said that i do not belong to anyone, no one may claim me as theirs, but I am for everyone

The Buddha's teachings apply to ALL of us, so do Christ's teachings - sad that religion has done such a good job of creating hate and division
Wow your the one doing that here and now , nearly caused a war

Jumi

I don't think it's helpful to call a whole group of people with millions maybe even a couple billion ignorant.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
If God does not exist, should not atheists just relax have a good time before they become plant food?
Why should it matter if people believe in God?
Nothing matters if atheism is true.
Again, not everyone needs the hope for reward or the fear of punishment to have a meaningful life.
It is fine if you do, but it is not needed by everyone.

SpeaksForTheTrees

Again, not everyone needs the hope for reward or the fear of punishment to have a meaningful life.
It is fine if you do, but it is not needed by everyone.
Meaningful life as in putting more back in than you take out per se ,is difficult for me to imagine outside of christian values what you actually mean .
The persuit of a capitalist lifestyle could be described as meaningful within the context of evolution .
However within context of religion capitalism not a good thing , they try turn whole world into piles of paper which is very bad economy as paper returns much less heat ,than oil. The paper will never return the resource .
Maybe the world needs a few skyward pointing individuals if only to stop humanity going over the top.