• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm home sick today - what's YOUR excuse?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
OK, seriously - just curious about when and how often you can participate in this forum.

I can't participate during the day on weekdays, because usually I'm at work and our internet usage is strictly monitored. Good thing, I guess, because I could get pretty distracted by this forum!

Come to think of it, I should be all wadded up in the bed with a hot toddy and the remote control...but here I sit. What's so addictive about this site, anyway? Is someone slipping something into my water supply?

How often do you participate and what would you say is the reason why you frequent the site?

Do you ever find yourself thinking about a thread when you're, say, in the grocery store or driving to work?

Have you ever gotten back up out of the bed to answer a post, after you shut things down for the night (or day)?

Do you ever come in here when you should be doing something else?

Have you ever posted anything while you were drunk?

Just curious!

Personally, I come in here every morning before work, and often when I get home in the evening. I don't come in often when my husband is home because he already thinks I'm addicted to the internet and I don't want to prove him right. I have never gotten out of bed to respond to a post or argument - but I have stayed up when I was nearly falling out of my chair with sleepiness just to continue a discussion with some nincompoop (and in some cases, some intelligent life form!).

I've definitely found myself caught up in a debate when I should be doing the laundry - but who could blame me?

I've never posted anything while drunk, unless Nyquil counts. However, I was a bit tipsy after the Superbowl when I was exulting in the Saints' victory online.

Please share!

Kathryn

Cool. We're supposed to get snow and/or ice tomorrow in northeast Texas. Should be interesting.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I'm home today on a sick day too.

I've always found RF interesting. I enjoy reading debate. Compared to my earlier days here, I contribute much less but I still enjoy reading what others have to say.

Kathryn

Hey dawny - but the big question is really - are you truly SICK or just taking a sick day?

Not that either one is necessarily bad!

Smoke

Done here.
Have you ever gotten back up out of the bed to answer a post, after you shut things down for the night (or day)?
Lord, no.

Doing it right now.

Yes, but I don't like to do that. I don't want to post anything I'll have to take back the next day, and I want whatever I post to be coherent, but since I'm drunk I have to try to censor myself, and proofread better than usual, and those are both hard to do when drunk. It's not much fun; I'd rather watch music videos.

I don't get drunk very often anymore, anyway, because I usually have somewhere to go or power tools to operate, and I'm not looking to lose my driver's license or a hand.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Hey dawny - but the big question is really - are you truly SICK or just taking a sick day?

Not that either one is necessarily bad!

I'm feeling a lot better today but I was truly sick with the stomach bug for 24 hours. Fortunately, I have sick leave (at work) to take, so I didn't have to push myself today.

Kathryn

Oh no! Hey, thanks, itwillend, by the way, for your other post on the other thread. Good luck with your car.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I haven't been to work yet. Gotta leave in two hours though.
As for what keeps me coming back, RF has a very large audience of many different types of people. Most forums only target specific groups, but RF doesn't.

Demonic Kitten

I am at work right now...I am good at multi-tasking and I basically sit in front of a couple of computers and a scanner all day. I take books (ranging from 2 pgs to 1000+ pages) and convert them into electronic data, get the ready for upload, and then upload them to the main server. If I didn't have this I would be asleep before lunch time. >_<

Kathryn

I'm looking at myself and realizing how pleased I am that my husband is out of town on business.

It's freezing cold outside. I have on black exercise pants, a T shirt that says, "What's in YOUR chili! The Great Oilfield Chili Cookoff!," a flannel shirt, and brown socks. My hair is sticking up in weird places. My skin is the color of putty and my eyes have dark circles under them. All I've eaten today is a bowl of cream of wheat and a scrap of left over King Cake - oh and a whole pot of coffee.

I'm making myself sick just being around myself.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
How often do you participate and what would you say is the reason why you frequent the site?
When I am busy I come here just once a day for a couple hours. Being winter, work is slower so I come at random intervals and it makes it seem like I never work or sleep.

Do you ever find yourself thinking about a thread when you're, say, in the grocery store or driving to work?
Yes...but I think that such shows that you are actually thinking which makes participation at RF more productive.

Yes, although I cannot remember the last time.

Yes. In fact my studies are slipping bad. I am not studying for school. Those days are long behind me. I do have a lot to read and understand about my path though. I have actually started forcing myself away from RF for at least a little bit here and there even if it is just to read one chapter.

Yes, see HERE.

dust1n

Zindīq

Way too often, and because it's easier to get into a meaningful conversation on here then in person.

Too often.

When I'm at home, the laptop stays on my bed so I don't have to!

I've been writing a lot less since I've joined this forum. :(

Plenty of times I've posted many posts under all kinds of intoxication. No one would be able to tell the difference though.
[/quote]

Moonstone

inactive
My excuse for being on this forum way more than I should be, is that I still haven't found a job. :( I visit almost everyday & sometimes stay for hours...:cover:
What's not to like about this forum? Seeking knowledge while being tolerant & understanding of other peoples' beliefs...seems nice to me. :rainbow1:
-Dot

.lava

Veteran Member

i visit here almost everyday in winter. in summer i might be away. main reasons; i am busy, i rather spend my time with my family, no time for friends...so being on-line makes everything easier. i remain anti-social while i am social.

sure, people i know from RF are parts of my life.

nope

nope, but sometimes i spend longer time than expected

no, i don't drink alcohol. i am natural high when i am sleepy and i might be either silly or funny or both