• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

im forumed out

sciatica

Notable Member
Do you ever look at the new thread list and ask yourself ..."what am I doing here?"..
now that is not to question the validity of those threads for those people.
All daggers are pointing at me. I know. I need to get a life.
Or...........start a new thead... !!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You seem to have 2 of these, are you bored?

I get something like that, it comes in waves. I look at the new threads and think, 'not a one, not a single one sparks my enthusiasm'

But at other times i find there are not enough free hours in the day to get to those that interest me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Do you ever look at the new thread list and ask yourself ..."what am I doing here?"..
102 posts & you're out already?
You must be not only normal, but intelligent too.
We don't like your kind!

Last edited:

sciatica

Notable Member
You seem to have 2 of these, are you bored?

I get something like that, it comes in waves. I look at the new threads and think, 'not a one, not a single one sparks my enthusiasm'

But at other times i find there are not enough free hours in the day to get to those that interest me.
my threads are awesome though

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

What do you want to talk about? I sometimes skim the new threads and end up going through the 'recent posts' instead, looking for something "meaty" to discuss. The definition of "meat" might be the problem though. What you find 'meaty' others might find boring....
indifferent0018.gif

sciatica

Notable Member
What do you want to talk about? I sometimes skim the new threads and end up going through the 'recent posts' instead, looking for something "meaty" to discuss. The definition of "meat" might be the problem though. What you find 'meaty' others might find boring....
indifferent0018.gif
im into psychology. im not a good left brain logical thinker. Hence my debating skills are embarassing. But occasionally my pov is refreshing. i would like to think i am a lateral thinker. Others think "wanker" is closer to the truth.
I have some basic knowledge of Christianity. Theology. But little Bible knowledge.
i am a bit interested in Buddhism but not hardcore debates.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
im into psychology. im not a good left brain logical thinker. Hence my debating skills are embarassing. But occasionally my pov is refreshing. i would like to think i am a lateral thinker. Others think "wanker" is closer to the truth.
I have some basic knowledge of Christianity. Theology. But little Bible knowledge.
i am a bit interested in Buddhism but not hardcore debates.

I like to explore the psychology of religion and how the words of the Bible affect people in so many different ways.

This scripture for example.....
Hebrews 4:12-13....
"For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And there is not a creation that is hidden from his sight, but all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of the one to whom we must give an account."

What do you make of that?

sciatica

Notable Member
I like to explore the psychology of religion and how the words of the Bible affect people in so many different ways.

This scripture for example.....
Hebrews 4:12-13....
"For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And there is not a creation that is hidden from his sight, but all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of the one to whom we must give an account."

What do you make of that?
ok first scan I am not really awestruck.
i could get into it given the right conditions. my mood for example.
lectio divina? might help me i guess.
i was ina Bible study class last year.
are you JW by the way? thats confronting to be honest. But you seem fine to me.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well they could get rid of all the political forums then all we will all have to talk about is religion. Separation of politics and religion. ;0)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
ok first scan I am not really awestruck.
i could get into it given the right conditions. my mood for example.
lectio divina? might help me i guess.
i was ina Bible study class last year.

As I said, I like to analyse things beyond their surface level.
At first reading it might not seem to say much but dig deeper and tell me what you think it means....

are you JW by the way? thats confronting to be honest. But you seem fine to me.

LOL....yeah, some people think we have two heads and green blood! :eek:

I have heard all manner of interesting descriptions of my brotherhood, none of which I have found to be true. In fact when JW’s first called on me after many times of not even answering the door, I had not long lost my father at a relatively young age (52) and felt the need to vent on them as having the audacity to come to my door with the Bible when no one in my church could offer me any explanation as to why my father had been ‘taken’ or what God was up to. Platitudes I was given by the bucket load, but no answers.

To my complete surprise, they offered all their answers from the Bible....not their Bible but my own. I was completely blown away. That day changed my life.....I began to get answers that I never got in church. Things started to make sense....I became very ‘hungry’ without realising that I even had such a large spiritual appetite. I devoured the Bible over the next two years and found what I had been searching for all my life.

So those who know Jehovah’s Witnesses personally, understand that we are just like them, except that we are fair dinkum about our faith....we exercise it rather than just talk about it. We care about people and want to help them to get to know their “Father”.

Talk to me about anything you like....I promise to be honest with you.

sciatica

Notable Member
that we are just like them, except that we are fair dinkum about our faith..
that always impresses me. Im slack, unreliable and ill disciplined.
JW is not a cult then? you must get these kind of questions all the time. sorry I probably sound so cliched. I was raised on the notion that it is more important to be kind than to talk about kindness. My father never quoted the Bible yet he visited the sick in Hospital and belonged to St. Vincent de Paul for over 30 years.
evangelising is part of your duty isn't it? and im your current project? see that was never a part of catholic culture. we ignored that section of the Bible.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
that always impresses me. Im slack, unreliable and ill disciplined.
JW is not a cult then?

Nothing like a cult unless you see Jesus as a cult leader...then guilty as charged. :D

you must get these kind of questions all the time. sorry I probably sound so cliched. I was raised on the notion that it is more important to be kind than to talk about kindness. My father never quoted the Bible yet he visited the sick in Hospital and belonged to St. Vincent de Paul for over 30 years.

Interesting that he never quoted the Bible...in my experience most Catholic people didn't get taught the Bible....just mostly from the catechism. In fact years ago, I would ask Catholic people with whom I was talking to get their Bible out and I could show them the scriptures from their own Bible as had been done for me......most of them came back with a catechism.....they did not know the difference. Your father was perhaps a better example of what it means to be a Christian because he cared enough to put his faith into action.

evangelising is part of your duty isn't it? and im your current project? see that was never a part of catholic culture. we ignored that section of the Bible.

Jesus said it was the most important part of being a Christian.....his words at Matthew 28:19-20 were not merely a recommendation, but a command.

We are told to take the good news to everyone, so I don't know if that makes you my current project, or just a fellow poster on an internet forum who is interested in discussing religion and exploring beliefs?

Jesus did not treat his fellow Jews as disillusioned idiots, but shared with them what his Father taught him to say. He left their response up to them. Not once did he run after someone and say...."wait! you don't understand!" He said his piece and allowed God's word to do the rest. This is where Hebrews 4:12-13 comes in....:)

gnomon

So start something.