• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Done

nutshell

I'm done. At least for now, probably forever. I used to enjoy being here, but the RF has shifted from a forum of productive discussion to a forum of name calling and intolerance.

It was nice to get to know most of you. Good luck in the future.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Good luck Nutshell. I've always rooted for you. You are a great person and I hope things will get better for you! I'll miss you.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
nutshell said:
I'm done. At least for now, probably forever. I used to enjoy being here, but the RF has shifted from a forum of productive discussion to a forum of name calling and intolerance.

No Nutshell! Don't GO! I don't know what thread you are talking about as I haven't been reading anything like that about you! I think you're wonderful! Just stay out of the religious threads for awhile...that's what I do. Just have a good time for a bit! And if someone starts to call you names tell them you refuse to debate with name calling included.....Please don't go! :( I love your sense of humor!

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
DONT GOOOOO! *reaches out* come back to me!!! *sigh* :(
I'm sorry that you have to go, but I hope you come back and visit....

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
nutshell said:

I am very sorry you feel that way; if you would PM me with examples, I will look into them. No member should be made to feel unwelcome; as for name calling, I have been called a few..........:D

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Nutshell, it saddens me to see you leave, especially since you are one who has truly taught me much.

I hope you'll reconsider. You would be missed.

Squirt

nutshell said:

I'm so terribly sorry to hear this, Nutshell. You will be missed. I only wish I'd been able to read your opening post before it was edited. :confused:

I wish you well in all you do and hope to run into you again on another forum somewhere. :hug:

Squirt

nutshell

Thanks for the kind remarks. I wish I could say more about why I'm leaving, I think it needs to be discussed for the good of the RF, but I'm thwarted at every turn.

Atheist_Dave

*Foxy Lady*
I hate to see people leave, i dont know you too well but you have made me laugh on many a thread, dont go :( or at least just take a few weeks out then come back?

Peace x

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
nutshell said:
Thanks for the kind remarks. I wish I could say more about why I'm leaving, I think it needs to be discussed for the good of the RF, but I'm thwarted at every turn.

Well discuss it and get out in the open and get it resolved. No one here is going to be judgemental of you. And if someone is don't fret. People here have got your back. :)

nutshell

Mister_T said:
Well discuss it and get out in the open and get it resolved. No one here is going to be judgemental of you. And if someone is don't fret. People here have got your back. :)

I wish I could, but there's a rule about not discussing issues taken up with moderators, so, when I try to post information surrounding my leaving, it gets edited out or deleted.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Also, if no one has noticed, Aqualung is gone too, for good. See what is happening to the LDS Community here???? Just think about it. Later y'all probably will be off for a month or so, if not more. I'm out of here, way to much to do in life right now.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
beckysoup61 said:
Also, if no one has noticed, Aqualung is gone too, for good.
:EEK: Was wondering Where Miss Tull was... Grrrrrrrrrrr leaving without saying goodbye.

Bishka

Veteran Member
ChrisP said:
:EEK: Was wondering Where Miss Tull was... Grrrrrrrrrrr leaving without saying goodbye.

I think she did that on purpose. I believe SoyLeche is leaving also, but I could be wrong. :(

Squirt

beckysoup61 said:
Also, if no one has noticed, Aqualung is gone too, for good. See what is happening to the LDS Community here???? Just think about it. Later y'all probably will be off for a month or so, if not more. I'm out of here, way to much to do in life right now.
Aqualung posted the day before yesterday. I doubt she's gone for good. How many times have you left, Becky? Two? Three? I feel absolutely terrible about Nutshell leaving, and I don't think the LDS community is always treated fairly here. But I don't know of any other forum where we're treated any better. I think we (LDS) need to put things into perspective and make the best of what we have here. Sometimes that means taking some time off to heal. We do have friends here -- non-LDS friends as well as LDS ones. People aren't perfect and the mods on this forum are no exception. Still, they're better than what I've found elsewhere. It would be nice to have an LDS mod -- someone who could intervene when people start getting nasty, but I don't see that happening.

nutshell

For the record, I'm not leaving because I felt targeted as an LDS, I'm leaving because I don't believe there is proper leadership in the forum.

Squirt

nutshell said:
For the record, I'm not leaving because I felt targeted as an LDS, I'm leaving because I don't believe there is proper leadership in the forum.
I don't think we're "targetted" either. But take a look at the list of mods, super-mods and admins. These are all good people, but the vast majority of them would probably not describe themselves as "conservative." They tend to see the conservative viewpoint as narrow-minded. Consequently, if you are of that viewpoint, your opinions are going to offend some people, and they will be mis-interpreted as insular and insensitive. The opposite is true on some other forums. I've posted on right-wing fundamentalist Christian forums where the mods considered me a flaming liberal! :D This forum is moderated, not exclusively but primarily, by individuals who see your more conservative perspective as intolerant. Those of us who understand you realize that that's not an accurate portrayal of your character or your attitude towards people with whom you don't see eye-to-eye.