• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

i'm confused

Romanianpride5

Hi everybody . So let me start by saying that i read on almost every religion from christiannity to satanism , buddhism , hindouism , sikhism , islam , wicca ,paganism and even jediism. But i couldn't find what i was looking for . The only thing that really attracts me it's the Torah and thr Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) . I even did the belied.net test and it gave reform judaism . Still i don't wanna circumcise or do rituals that modern judaism requires. I know of the Noahides but they still under the laws of rabbinic judaism . I know a little about karaïtes but that's all because i don't consider the Talmud inspired neither the other moder jewish books( no offense) . Is there some kind of organization or religion that is only based on the Torah which is not part of rabbinic judaism ? ( by the way i wouldn't mind so much circumcision but if it wldnt be necessary iwouldn't do it ) .

Acintya_Ash

Bhakta
Its your life, you choose the version of your spiritual life...Just take care that you live a moral life. Religions are just tools. You may mash up the essence from different religions and form your own...its just a way of life.... Love is the Ultimate Reality!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hey there man :)

Different people seek religions/philosophy for different reasons. Some of them do it to belong to a group, Some others to seek a way/meaning of life, others for the (a) truth, power, etc. Can you decide on a reason?

I believe finding a reason will help finding a religion.

Also, I suggest looking at the basics, what a religion/philosophy stands for. Forget about the details of the side dishes. All those can be avoided/prevented at some point. Well, even the basics could be avoided if valid necessities present themselves.

Having that said, I wish you the best of luck finding what you are looking for :)

Draupadi

Hi everybody . So let me start by saying that i read on almost every religion from christiannity to satanism , buddhism , hindouism , sikhism , islam , wicca ,paganism and even jediism. But i couldn't find what i was looking for . The only thing that really attracts me it's the Torah and thr Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) . I even did the belied.net test and it gave reform judaism . Still i don't wanna circumcise or do rituals that modern judaism requires. I know of the Noahides but they still under the laws of rabbinic judaism . I know a little about karaïtes but that's all because i don't consider the Talmud inspired neither the other moder jewish books( no offense) . Is there some kind of organization or religion that is only based on the Torah which is not part of rabbinic judaism ? ( by the way i wouldn't mind so much circumcision but if it wldnt be necessary iwouldn't do it ) .

I share your dilemma. I can't find absolute truth in the religions I have researched till now. So like Acintya Ash said I cherry-pick the things and create a hodgepodge. Although I still have to find out a way to worship God that gives me peace. And it is not necessary that if you choose a religion you have to follow everything. Yes you might be less pious but IMHO it is all about the relationship between you and the God. Let Him judge whether you are worthy or not. Because my personal experience tells me that whoever is our Creator, He doesn't bother with how He is approached.

Oh yes and welcome to the forum :).

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Well I was raised Baptist Christian and now I'm a vertible ****** Satanist.

**** ya, Save the Amazon.

Hail Satan.

Last edited:

Shuttlecraft

.Navigator
..The only thing that really attracts me it's the Torah and thr Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) .. Still i don't wanna circumcise or do rituals that modern judaism requires. ..

If you become a Christian, you don't need to get circumcised, AND you get the Old Testament Jewish God as part of the package!
Remember, Jesus said he didn't come to trash the harsh old laws, he simply showed us how to apply them with a bit more flexibility and compassion..:)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you know what you believe you already have a religion -- you just don't have a name for it.
Is a name that important? Maybe you could call it Romanianism.

If you want to find a pre-existing religion that corresponds, more or less, to your existing beliefs, you might try the Belief O Matic quiz: Belief-O-Matic - Beliefnet.com

K786

You should look into Islam.. While circumcision is recommended it is not a requirement if you don't want to do it